• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beer!

showcase 66

That will knock you on your ***:toasting:

Yes, Yes it will. First time we made it, we made 4 bombers for us to have first. All of us drank it while playing Baseball on the PS2 and it went down smooth. We all sat there for a while talking and we decided that it was time for another. All got up and was really surprised how much it affected us.

Still got another one.

d fleming

We have a local mini brewery here that has an accident turned great dark beer that they call 1910. Don't know why the name but I know the accident was in the directions. Apparently the burnt hops and chocolate amounts got mixed up and the beer turned out so dark you cannot see thru it even with strong light. The owner was going to pour it down the drain but the employees convinced him to try it first with them. The rest is history. Has a rather high ac as well for beer.

thmooch

Home Brew...IPA, Pale Ale, Porter, Brown Ale. 15 gal batches. shared some from the kegerator with some friends at the pool today. Proally brew next again weekend.

Baz

These days i'm drinking Heineken, Stella Artois and Sapporo. But you know .. As long as there is a % on the bottle .. I'm all for trying it! :toasting:

Ditchmiester

Well I am trying a gluten free diet for thirty days to see if it can help some health issues but I'm having a hard time finding gluten free beer. Any recommendations?

Farmboy

I have to add Salvator Doppel Bock to my list. To date it's still the BEST beer I've ever had. It doesn't hurt that it was poured for me on a beautiful day while I was having lunch in a Munich Pub with six other friends that found themselves as far from home as I was.

Atomic DNA

Newcastle is my current beer of choice but leinenkugel's sunset wheat is not bad. Guinness, Sapporo and Fat Tire round out my favorite beers.

I am currently hooked on hard cider, can't get enough of the Woodchuck. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasonal flavors. Stuff goes down so smooth.

CanuckSigns

I wish I had more time to make beer again. Its been about 7 years since the last time I made anything. My dad and I were talking about that a couple weeks ago. Said we should start making it again. Right now, I dont have the room for it.

When I was into making beer, we would make anywhere from 35 to 50 gallons at a time. All with 5 gallon buckets. At the house We were at about 10 years ago, we had a dedicated power source just for the 6 large hotplates and then had 3 turkey fryer setups that we used as well. Each bucket of beer makes about 48-52 bottles if I remember that right.

We would do this about once a month with a cousin and friend. I was more into perfecting my favorite blend at the time. They were more into "helping" me by mainly drinking what we had.

Most of the time, we used the kits and then added different grains or mix some of the kits to see how they would taste. Some were really good, some were horrible. But the process was a lot of fun.

My all time favorite that we made we called Hualapai Honey (pronounced Wall a pie). It was kind of like Honey Brown but the base was a pale ale and we used 2 different types of hops, honey malt barley, and a couple other grains and 20 oz of Honey from a friend of mine who lived in the Hualapai Mountians. We made this the most. The ABV ranged from 18% to 22%. All depending on how aggressive the yeast was and if it was my own re-cultured yeast or new yeast.

The more I talk about it, the more I want to get back into making it.

Now I am thirsty.

Yeah i'm on my 3rd batch now, so far i've only done coopers kits, they turn out great! The batch i made yesterday was my first attempt at mixing it up, I added some cascade hops and some dry malt to the brew, hoping for a nice easy drinking summer beer to have with some friends.

Once the winter comes i want to try some more adventurous brews!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Guinness on tap. Failing that Negra Modela in bottles. If neither are available then diet coke.

All the weird micro-brews and equally weird beers made from or with this and that can be poured right back into the horse.

particleman

Three Floyds... Best of the Best...

Case

++++++1

I love just about all of their stuff... made my own home brew Clone of gumballhead tonight!

Pride and joy
Alpha king
Gumballhead all my top favorites

I must say Indiana has a really great craft brew scene..
Three floyds ,sun king, flat 12, new Albanian, upland all have outstanding beers.

Mike F

Shocktop is great on a hot day, and I'll get Grolsch from time to time just 'cause I like the nifty swingtop caps. The Sam Adams seasonal brews are usually pretty good, as are Blue Moon and their seasonal brews. I dig some Hoegaarden from time to time too.

SebastienL

Best: Young's Double Chocolate Stout is probably my favorite.

Worst: the one with the changing color label to tell you it's cold.

xxaxx

Guinness is my all time fave!! And surprisingly Sapporo Black is a very good Japanese alternative to Guinness that can be found in many sushi places so I get that a lot as well!