• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best IPhone Apps for Signmakers

dlndesign

I would think the level, the camera & video, red laser. What else have other iphone users found to be a great app to help with work?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
i find the whatthefont app for the iphone almost useless. Rarely is there a logo in which the letters/logo do not require editing before wtf will recognize it

dlndesign

has anyone used the pantone app for the iphone? How accurate is it? I would assume its pretty damn good because its coming from pantone.

thewood

Sign and Digital Graphics Magazine ran an article recently dealing with the iPhone as a sign tool. I remember the level and wtf app being mentioned.

dlndesign

Any others? I've looked up a couple sketch programs, possibly good to help customers visualize a sign that you could quickly sketch up? Does anyone have the stylus, and how well does that work?

dlndesign

If it works, why not? I can see not for everything, maybe even just to see if a wall that your surveying before a sign is placed on it.. things like that, but is that really all the apps everyone here thinks are good for the iphone in our industry?

CES020

Couple of new apps out that are pretty powerful.

One is Dragon Dictation. It's free. You can talk into the phone and it converts it all to text and allows you to email or MMS it. It does a very good job too. Very nice tool.

The other is Ustream Live Broadcast. It's free too. You can stream live video from your Iphone to the internet. You can stream it to Youtube, save the video for later, save the video on your phone or online. You can have it update twitter or facebook as it starts going live online. It works pretty well too. Considering there is no video camera in the Iphone, it works pretty good.

I think both have some good applications for sign work. Have a look if you are interested.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Be careful. Dragon dictation will look at all the contacts on your phone and upload them to their servers. If you value your privacy and your contacts' privacy, do not download