• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best signmaking&job mgt. software combo?

Blackie

If you wanted to throw out your existing dated software and start fresh,
what would be your first choice for a sign making & job management combo?
Primarily vector graphics and all existing jobs could be exported to new system
in AI or EPS format. Any input greatly appreciated.

Typestries

design side - Illustrator & Photoshop......all u need! And if you're old school like us, Freehand for its sleek simplicity!

Onyx, flexi, or caldera rip and you're printing.

Basic bridge software for cutting.

Enroute to drive your router.

Techman

Corel Draw with cocut plug for vinyl work and DFX tools plug in for cnc design work..
Vectric Aspire for cad/cam for CNC.
Mach 3 as the driver software for the CNC machinery.

Blackie

Adobe or Corel are the best two to choose from?
For 10-15 different orders a day?
I expected more choices for a high volume shop.

Joe Diaz

We wouldn't change a thing. Our setup works great for us. CorelDRAW, for pretty much everything design related. We don't use cocut, only because we can cut directly out of Corel without the need for a plugin. Our rip software is Roland's Versaworks. Which of course came with our Roland Plotter and works like a charm. Then we use quickbooks and a custom made Excel pricing guide on the sales and business management side.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use both CorelDraw (Cut direct to plotter driver) and the Adobe suite... Really anything else is a copy of those programs anyway.

RIP / Print Management Onyx 10.1

Shop Management Cyrious, Takes alot of time and setup but it works great and you can hammer into every little detail.

anotherdog

Adobe Suite,
Aspire for the cnc
Versaworks for the Rip.
Simply Accounting for the money.

Job management is by excel spreadsheet and ...paper. We did try to upgrade paper to paper v2.0, but it wasn't compatable with ballpoint 1. Paper order forms never expire and are easy to use. Keep em in Box TM.

Blackie

Wow! Not one recommendation for Flexi-sign and Flexi signtracker?
Thank you all for your input and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Kevin-shopVOX

This is a strange question in my opinion as they are two applications completely independent of one another. There isn't any one combination that fits best.

However my choice is any production/design software of your choice plus signVOX. That's the ultimate combo.

visual800

FLEXI and Illy! all the way. I have played with corel and Im not interested in learning another program. Been using flexi since 99

Toddster

Toddster
Flexisign Pro. Cloud
Flexi Production Suite For rip
Photoshop
Vector magic
Sign Tracker
Outlook with code two plugins
Quickbooks to finish up