• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl for stickers?

randypitcher

Had a chance to try the new vinyl today. The electrocut did not work very well at all. In fact, I was unable to get one good decal out of it. The weeding was just too difficult. The Oracal 751 was a little better than the 651, but not by much.

My plan is going to be to talk to the organizers and give them some options:

1. Change the font to something different
2. Go with printed decals
3. I'll cut them, but you can weed them!

Thanks again for all the input.

2B

3/8" tall copy, 1/32" lines, that is way too small for any vinyl to even stay applied. There is just not enough adhesive to stay down.

You have to increase the size, or go with a printed decal...

And any true sign maker cringes at the word "stickers". We create decals, "stickers" are cheap things that kids get out of the quarter vending machine in front of the grocery store.

Spot on

Techman

Stickers are what kids put on their school books. Paper adn cheap.

Decals are what modelers put on models. Higher quality.

Computer cut graphic are what we use. High end and professional.

Drip Dry

Had a chance to try the new vinyl today. The electrocut did not work very well at all. In fact, I was unable to get one good decal out of it. The weeding was just too difficult. The Oracal 751 was a little better than the 651, but not by much.

My plan is going to be to talk to the organizers and give them some options:

1. Change the font to something different
2. Go with printed decals
3. I'll cut them, but you can weed them!

Thanks again for all the input.

Why don't you sub it out to Stouse or Discount labels or somebody like that. They can print on clear if that's the look your looking for. Only problem is that you need to buy a fair amount. You can't order 25 pieces. They print your file, you mark it up and make some money. Problem solved

sbell

Vinyl for "stickers"

We've used MacTac 8300 for all sorts of decals/stickers. Works great and using a grahtec FC8000-75.