• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beware of grommets!!!!

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
yes. they are harmless folks. However, i finally broke down and counted them after i opened the bags...
(total OCD moment...):omg2:
AND....
the order this morning arrived via shipping and two counts of 500 in nickel and brass were SHORT. 40 males and 28 females missing in the nickel. 500 in the males for brass and 28 short in the females.
NOT COOL.:frustrated:
if you say you are going to sell 500, then for crying out loud, do it!!
this is not the first time this happened. J. freeman did it last year. So i tried a new vendor...
"effing count epidemic seems to be effecting grommet workers."
maybe if they were made in america this would not be a problem...:wavingflag:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Those buggers were counted automatically by a scale that wasn't properly calibrated.

JB

dsmskyline

I assume they have a general weight for packaging.

We buy them by the 1000s from Hiker directly. Never had the thought to count something that cost a couple pennies each.

HulkSmash

The time you spent to count your grommets is possibly worth more, than the amount of grommets you didn't get.

TheSnowman

You gotta wonder how much we get ripped off though...like anyone is really gonna unroll something they just paid money for, to have it contaminated, and rolled up goofy. I bet we're shorted a few yards from time to time on material. That's like me weeding something RTA for a customer and saying "most of it is there"...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well being off a total of 68 parts is for sure.... a pisser, but what if you count them and you're only off by two or three ?? Are you going to be just as angry or about 90% happier but not completely happy ??

How do you handle bags of food when it says 6 total servings combined ?? If it comes out to an odd count, do you call the food company and tell them you need one more cookie or you're going to want your money back ??

Ah, stealing is stealing and I guess there could be worse ways to spend your time, at least we all know we're being gypped from the land of grommets..

sfr table hockey

yes. they are harmless folks. However, i finally broke down and counted them after i opened the bags...
(total OCD moment...):omg2:
AND....
the order this morning arrived via shipping and two counts of 500 in nickel and brass were SHORT. 40 males and 28 females missing in the nickel. 500 in the males for brass and 28 short in the females.
NOT COOL.:frustrated:
if you say you are going to sell 500, then for crying out loud, do it!!
this is not the first time this happened. J. freeman did it last year. So i tried a new vendor...
"effing count epidemic seems to be effecting grommet workers."
maybe if they were made in america this would not be a problem...:wavingflag:

That does work out to about 50 sets short out of 1000 or 5%. And in your case you have close to 7% of un-usable sets.

If they do that to every order thats one way to increase the margins. I would think they would error on the other side of things a bit to make sure they filled the order. It would be worth a call to tell them that they may want to check the weigh scale. They may thank you for it..... or not.

Reminds me of an order we had with the Brick. They had a save double the GST (our goods and service tax 7% at the time) and the way they calculated it, we were $50 short on our discount which was a small % but they said that was just the way they calculated it. I said I did not care and wanted my $50 back...... and they did.

Mosh

I ALWAYS have more rings than males. I always wanted to count them, never had the time. Next time I order I am counting and calling Ol' Frank if they are short!

petepaz

Hey.....your order was 99.95% complete :rolleyes:

I wish our completion rate was that good!!! :ROFLMAO:

our orders are +/- 10%
(we only charge for what you get though)

i would figure it's a mechanical/scale error like stated before and i would imagine it happens on all the materials we buy few inches short on a roll of vinyl, a few less grommets , a few ml light on the ink...sucks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Almost all grommets come from overseas, you have to count them using the metric system.
Once you do that I'll bet the count will match the invoice exactly.

wayne k
guam usa

Tom Dalton

You're right. These are counted over-seas. We get about 10,000 bags of 500pcs. We're not going to rip every bag open and check them for accuracy. Luckily, our supplier has a well-calibrated counting scale as we've had zero complaints about inaccurate quantities (knock on wood).

-Tom

Last edited by a moderator: