• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee a HUGE Help!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Cutting mats do not make good tables.

Put a sheet of substrate over it. Plastic sheet will increase problems with static. Use a grounded sheet that covers the table for best results.
Dale - can I laminate on top of my very moderately used cutting mat? Or will I have to build a new surface?

phototec

Great products!

Yep, Dale's Big Squeegee tools are amazing, I installed some translucent vinyl on a flex sign (my first) and the vinyl was applied so smooth with the Big Squeegee, it looks like it was painted on. You have developed a great product!

:thankyou:

jkdbjj

What surprises me is that you got job printing beer stuff. Beer vendors like to do that themselves around here :(

JoshLoring

I might have to invest..
I install a lot of prints on Sibond Dibond 4x8 sheets. Dave- What would you recommend me to use for vinyl application to these?

Sharx

Like others couldn't resist. So I just ordered the 56" tool and the 26" tool. I know I have about 20 4x8 panels to put digital prints on and this looks like it may be just the thing to help keep my fleeting sanity! Thanks again Dale, look forward to using your tools!

bois323

Couple of questions

Will the 50" laminator work with prints smaller than 40"? or will i need second- smaller Big Sqeegee.

About 60% of my prints are between 16" and 30" and the other 40% are between 31" and 48".

I am using Tru-Stock Lam 3.2 which is actually not bad when you laminate by hand. BUT, my last banner was 44" x 20' long, My sqeegee hand and the back of my legs hurt me for about a week after:frustrated:.

Also, if the lam that I am using is not the best to use with the Big Sqeegee can you recommend some.

Kind regards,

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome to Signs101

Will the 50" laminator work with prints smaller than 40"? or will i need second- smaller Big Squeegee.

About 60% of my prints are between 16" and 30" and the other 40% are between 31" and 48".

I am using Tru-Stock Lam 3.2 which is actually not bad when you laminate by hand. BUT, my last banner was 44" x 20' long, My squeegee hand and the back of my legs hurt me for about a week after:frustrated:.

Also, if the lam that I am using is not the best to use with the Big Squeegee can you recommend some.

Kind regards,
Yes, the 50" laminator Tool will work with prints smaller than 40". If you do smaller signs, be sure to de-burr any edges that might tear up the application edge.Most job shops should equip themselves with the sizes they tend to use the most. I recommend 3 sizes to cover everything. 26" Yard Sign Tool, 38" Laminator Tool & either 50" or 56" Laminator Tool.

I'm not familiar with the laminate you are using. I recommend that the laminate you use be what the manufacturer of the graphic material recommends.

I'm sorry you did not get the Big Squeegee in time to do that 20' banner.:toasting:

bois323

Thank you Dale, I just ordered the 26" yard tool, the 38" and the 50" laminators as per your suggestion.

Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks again,

phototec

I have been giving this some thought and what I have come up with will be a pretty good sale.

Here's the deal...
1. Purchase what you need from this web page (Forum discount page).
2. Add an entry in this thread. (required) I'll need to know the name you use on :signs101:
3. e-mail or call me to alert me to this discount(50% off).
Once I have determined that you qualify I will refund your discount through PayPal. This offer is good from now on.

Dale is this 50% off sale still going on?

:help

DonW

Thanks to Dale

Wanted to mention that Dale was very helpful in determining what Big Squeegee products I needed. Ordered a cut vinyl and lawn sign tool today!

allamericantrade

The big squeegee is absolutly amazing!!! A full 4x8 sheet took me less than 5 minutes by myself start to finish!!! I do a lot of this size and used to dread every order that came in. I could never get it smooth enough for my liking and when I did the laminent was always scratched like crazy. I am still besides myself that in one single stroke I can lay a piece of vynle down with out worry to bumps, bubble's, or scratches. I told a few friends and they can't beleive I am doing it without using water either.
:U Rock::rock-n-roll::peace!::thumb::notworthy::thankyou: