• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee

showcase 66

I have been intrigued with the big squeegee for a while now but I havent seen anyone around here who has one. Just curious everyone's take on it.

iSign

I have been intrigued with the big squeegee for a while now but I havent seen anyone around here who has one. Just curious everyone's take on it.

...hmmm, here for a month... ok, maybe that's why you think you haven't seen... actually, you are probably in the single highest BS-per-capita community in the nation... (& I mean that in the best of ways :wink:)

do a search & you will see many huge fans & discussions...

fmg

I purchased a 54" couple of years ago. Not a fan of the thing as I find it very clumsy and can screw up mounting if not careful.You get what you pay for here.
Mine has been sitting in the corner of the shop now gathering dust.Not the best tool in the shop!

trakers

We have the 56" and ruined enough prints that it sits in the corner now, unused. It is most likely our lack of technique and if we had 4 guys to run it I think it would be a good tool for us. We also have several of the 26" that get used every day.

Be advised that the Oracal lam *does not* work well with them. The backing does not release like you see in the BS vids.

anotherdog

I use mine on occasion. it has paid for itself.
I don't use it a lot mainly because I use Oragard 210 lam. It has a thin backing paper that just hates the big squeegee. I actually use it the most to appy premask to cut vinyl.
Its worth having.

Mainframe

Love my 54" & I have a couple 24 inchers & a 38 inch coming in the morning, you just reminded me!An absolute must have!

iSign

I use mine for mounting, not for laminating... except for my first time... that was immortalized on youtube by posting it here & becoming famous for a few F-bombs because I had to laminate an important job & my $5K laminator was giving me grief that week.. only video I ever got 7000 hits on... but I moved it off the islandsign channel so lost my hits total

blueben

I am thinking of getting the cradle for right now. Is it really as easy as it seams on the videos?

Also I came across this on youtube.

Has anyone seen this or have one. I really haven't looked into it yet. And no I havent used the search function on here to see if anyone has talked about it yet.

CheapVehicleWrap

I am thinking of getting the cradle for right now. Is it really as easy as it seams on the videos?

Has anyone seen this or have one. I really haven't looked into it yet. And no I havent used the search function on here to see if anyone has talked about it yet.

Hey that's pretty neat! 'The Sheeter" eh? Wonder if that could be a great poor mans laminator too? She demo'd it premasking a fairly long sign perfectly..

showcase 66

I was thinking about getting a cradle as well. I was also looking at a laminator too.

Hey that's pretty neat! 'The Sheeter" eh? Wonder if that could be a great poor mans laminator too? She demo'd it premasking a fairly long sign perfectly..

That looks pretty cool. I was wondering if you can use it as a laminator as well. I found the website for the sheeter.

Pat Whatley

I just use mine for mounting laminated prints. Wednesday night I mounted fourteen 48" x 120" prints in about three hours with it, by myself. That time included the time it took to put the panels on the table, align the print, mount it, and trim them.

Before we got our big squegee that job would have taken AT LEAST a solid day.

We've also got two of the yard sign tools that are used constantly.

The Big Squegee is a pretty cheap investment for what we get out of it.

Mosh

Use mine MORE than the laminator on stuff under 4' long for laminating. Use it all the time for applying stuff! LOVE IT!

Baz

It's the best tool for laying down full 4'x8' laminated prints IMO. Mine has paid for itself on it's first job! Love it and would recommend it for anyone laying down prints (if for laminating .. buy a laminator).

Raulrdz

I have two of them, one with the black felt for cut vinyl and one for laminating...the work great! Funny thing is that all I use is Oracal 210 in both matte and glossy and rarely have any issues. One caution though, do not let them fall of the tables, I have broken both of mine i was able to repair one with pvc cement, the second I had to cut with my miter saw, so its shorter than when I bought it, but is still works.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like Doug already mentioned.... do a search on it and you'll find an overwhelming majority of people that love the thing.

Dale, a Merchant Member here can give you all the ins 'n outs.... he 's the maker...........

BadAss

Love Mine, We are needing another. So I will have to keep an eye out for when Dale has a sale... M*