• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee

Tim Aucoin

Love the BS... and it I DID get rid of the laminator I was using in favor of the BS! I made a video a while back of laminating with the BS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKd_SlnI20

I plan to make more videos over the Christmas season once things slow down a little... after our new printer is installed!

At first, I was frustrated with the BS, but soon realized that I was simply trying to hard! Now I use the BS to mount a 4 x 8 BY MYSELF using the one with the handle on it. I call it my "snow shovel", as it pretty much looks like one in a way!!! :rolleyes:

Tim Aucoin

What ya gonna do if ya have to laminate a 150ft by 54" roll of media? How is the BS gonna achieve that?

Considering I got rid of a 36" laminator, the question is irrelevant! For the work we currently do, 4' x 8' is the largest size we need to handle, and the BS handles it just fine! WHEN the time comes that I will have the need to laminate a 150ft by 54" roll, then I'll simply go out and buy the appropriate laminator! :tongue: The BS does not replace a laminator in all scenarios... that would be a silly assumption. But for those 4' x 8' and smaller, short run lamination and/or mounting jobs, you can't beat it in my opinion. :thumb:

signsbydebbie

Oh lord ppl....... THE BIG SQUEEGEE is the best tool I ever bought. I mount 4x8 in less than three minuts with ZERO bubbles.... signabond , coro , polycarb, hell I used it to mount an 25' wide shape cut print on a water tower 115' high.

All this happening DRY by the way.

signpronfl

I am thinking of getting the cradle for right now. Is it really as easy as it seams on the videos?

Also I came across this on youtube.

Has anyone seen this or have one. I really haven't looked into it yet. And no I havent used the search function on here to see if anyone has talked about it yet.
I know a shop that has the sheeter and I have seen the Sheeter work. It is awesome. I am not sure on the cost. I know they stopped making them for some time. It appears they are making them again. I would not hessitate to throw-down on the sheeter. I am glad someone found the website. I am going there after this post amd look into buying one.
Not sure on big squeege...i do not have one.

gabagoo

Love the BS... and it I DID get rid of the laminator I was using in favor of the BS! I made a video a while back of laminating with the BS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKd_SlnI20

I plan to make more videos over the Christmas season once things slow down a little... after our new printer is installed!

At first, I was frustrated with the BS, but soon realized that I was simply trying to hard! Now I use the BS to mount a 4 x 8 BY MYSELF using the one with the handle on it. I call it my "snow shovel", as it pretty much looks like one in a way!!! :rolleyes:

It was this video that opened my eyes. I had the BS but didnt realize you could apply using it that way. Now I use your methos all the time and things work almost 100% perfect everytime, and when it doesn't it is usually my fault or some lousy cheap backing liner lol

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I use mine on occasion. it has paid for itself.
I don't use it a lot mainly because I use Oragard 210 lam. It has a thin backing paper that just hates the big squeegee. I actually use it the most to appy premask to cut vinyl.
Its worth having.

Curious why you and the other's that use Oraguard don't switch to 3M 8509 overlam with it's AWESOME poly-coated paper...it's only a couple pennies more per square foot....was kinda a no brainer for me.

ova

Hey fmg. Christmas is right around the corner. I've been a really good boy [just ask my wife]. If you're in the giving spirit, you can send that dusty old BS my way. You don't even have to include a card.

Merry Christmas
Dave

Tim Aucoin

Since the Big Squeegee thread has made page 1 again, I thought I'd share some news...

In the last month, I convinced 4 other franchise owners here in Canada to purchase the Big Squeegee. Thanks to Dale's excellent service, I was able to bring them all into my shop and ship them to their respective new owners in a very timely fashion. So far the feedback from these other owners is nothing but positive! I even picked up a few more for myself while I was at it. My collection is very impressive now!!! :thumb: