• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bigdawg Needs Our Help

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Bigdawg (Stacy) has been a respected and valued member of Signs 101 since 2005 and has volunteered her time as an admin here for most of that time. As some of you may know, her husband has had some prolonged and serious health problems. During this time, they have been getting along on just her income.

That income has been substantially reduced as her needs as a caregiver to be away from her full time job have ended up with her status at work being reduced to part time. Suffice it to say that Bigdawg is coming up short and could use some financial help from anyone here who is ready, willing and able to pitch in. Any amount is appreciated.

To make a donation, please do so through PayPal using their "Send Money" feature. Donations should be made to signs101@signs101.com. PayPal does not require a donor to have a PayPal account and accepts all major credit cards as well as PayPal accounts for making donations. Please provide a notation in the Comment box that it is a donation for Bigdawg. Anyone wishing to donate who would prefer to mail in a check may contact me via PM for instructions.

iSign

Just sent a hundred bucks to get the funds flowing...
Stacy, I hope somehow the part time hours will turn into a blessing in disguise, and lead to more time enjoying your husband and your lives!

I'll be keeping you both in my prayers too!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just in case, Stacy, I don't know if your husband is officially disabled by medicaid, but if he is, there is a program that allows you to get paid to take care of him. Over here in California, we have IHSS. In your state it's called "Consumer Directed Care (http://www.cdcplus.org/)

When my wife could no longer take care of herself, and I got full custody of my 4 boys, I had to quit my job. At first I was only family leave, so paying insurance, meds and med bills were tolerable, then when bills came in that insurance would not pay, then she was put on medicare/medi-cal to cover the rest. We ended up signing up for IHSS and they paid me to take care of her... when it came to 24 hour care, they ended up maxing me on the hours... and I still got to work. She is in a 24 hour facility right now, but at the time it was a life saver.... it was a hassle and discouraging too with all the paperwork. But in the end, when we were finally in that system, we only had to worry about making sure we communicated with their office or when they visited for check ups. When she ended up in full time care, the transition was very easy. And if she gets better, she can get back on it (it's cheaper to keep her home than 24 hour nursing care and hospitalization)

Hope this helps, I know the pressure of taking care of a spouse, you are in my thoughts...

Vinylman

Stacy;
So sorry to hear of the latest difficulties.
Praying for you & B/D.
Stay Strong, help is ever present for those who have "True Faith".

Locals Find!

Stacy, I can't help financially. However, I am near your neck of the woods. If their is anything I can do to help give me a shout. You should still have my number laying around.

Hope your husband feels better.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I could only go $50.00 as I'm on fixed income now. I'll send more if I have an unexpected windfall. Fred, I never saw a message feature, so I'm letting you know now it was a gift for Stacy.

iSign

I think it was below a box that wanted me to check "goods' or "service" ...at which I hesitated for a moment not knowing what to click. I went with "service" and then discovered the message box

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I could only go $50.00 as I'm on fixed income now. I'll send more if I have an unexpected windfall. Fred, I never saw a message feature, so I'm letting you know now it was a gift for Stacy.

Yes, I pretty much figured that when I got the notification.

I think it was below a box that wanted me to check "goods' or "service" ...at which I hesitated for a moment not knowing what to click. I went with "service" and then discovered the message box

Actually, if you are sending money from a PayPal account, you can click the Personal tab and check Gift and the funds come through with no deductions taken out by PayPal.

SignManiac

I just consider something like this as paying it forward. I've never had a bad thing happen as a result of helping another! Hope things improve for you Stacy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, is there a way to send it as a gift if it's coming from my business account?

Yes. There are choices for Gift, Money Owed and others. I use it to pay royalties to my artists (a business expense) and sites like Dreamstime, Fotolia and Fotosearch pay me royalties in the same way. That's actually how I even became aware of it.

GypsyGraphics

i didn't see the option for "gift" but it looks like selecting the "Friends or Family" option made it no fees. i hope i did it right.

here's where that option was
Picture 1.png

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Soon as i get into office on monday, ill send some $$! i forgot my paypal pw, and its saved on my office computer ....

EDIT::: Never mind got it! Hope it helps!!

Tim Aucoin

Sent donation from my company account Fred.
I'm going to try and raise more funds through my wide format sales by increasing my processing fees. Anything over and above I collect through the balance of September and in October (my two busiest months) will be donated also!!
Stacy, I'm praying for both of you... Sending love and hugs your way!