• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bigdawg Needs Our Help

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Folks I can't believe it has been three days since this thread was last bumped to the main forum page (by me incidentally). Everyone here should keep this thread on the front page. Do you realize the seriousness of Bigdawg's situation? She has a husband with a failing heart she has nearly lost more than once. She is staying home to take care of him. I personally have been in that situation 18 times with my wife having to care for me and learn nursing duties for my wound care. It is a MAJOR strain on a wife when her husband is down, and add to that the fact that Bigdawg has had to give up half her income potential in order to care for her husband. How long could you last if you had to give up half your earnings? Folks, this is an emergency situation - I know this because my family has been there every time my income has been reduced to zero for months on end. You people raised over three thousand dollars for me the last time and directly helped us avoid bankruptcy. Also, people constantly bumped the thread about fund raising for me to keep it in front of you. WHY THE HELL aren't you doing it with this thread? Bigdawg is a dearly loved and valued member here. I think we should raise twice for her what was raised for me. Think about some personal indulgence you could give up for awhile that costs you money and donate those proceeds now to this fund. It's time to pay it forward as the saying goes. And you couldn't be helping a more deserving (and needing) person. Okay, end of my bitch.
BUMP!!!

P.S. Also, there have been two custom avatars designed for threads like this so far - one for Old Paint and one for me. Who is gonna step up and design one with a heart in it for this cause?

Last edited:

signmeup

Here. (unless someone wants to do a better one)

Attachments

• Bigdawg.jpg
    Bigdawg.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 77

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Bump!!!Folks I can't believe it has been three days since this thread was last bumped to the main forum page (by me incidentally). Everyone here should keep this thread on the front page. Do you realize the seriousness of Bigdawg's situation? She has a husband with a failing heart she has nearly lost more than once. She is staying home to take care of him. I personally have been in that situation 18 times with my wife having to care for me and learn nursing duties for my wound care. It is a MAJOR strain on a wife when her husband is down, and add to that the fact that Bigdawg has had to give up half her income potential in order to care for her husband. How long could you last if you had to give up half your earnings? Folks, this is an emergency situation - I know this because my family has been there every time my income has been reduced to zero for months on end. You people raised over three thousand dollars for me the last time and directly helped us avoid bankruptcy. Also, people constantly bumped the thread about fund raising for me to keep it in front of you. WHY THE HELL aren't you doing it with this thread? Bigdawg is a dearly loved and valued member here. I think we should raise twice for her what was raised for me. Think about some personal indulgence you could give up for awhile that costs you money and donate those proceeds now to this fund. It's time to pay it forward as the saying goes. And you couldn't be helping a more deserving (and needing) person. Okay, end of my bitch.
BUMP!!!

Sorry, I just felt like this needed to be restated. I'm not seeing the same momentum going on here as when I was the recipient of a fund raising effort. Again, I ask you, how long could you hold out if you had to give up half your income? People, please donate now whatever you can. I personally know the stress Bigdawg is going thru over finances at this moment and it's a subhuman feeling state of mind to be in. Let's show her what she means to us and get some real momentum going here with this fund raising effort and get the heart avatar more widely used. I can remember seeing nearly everyone on here using the ARLO avatar Doug (iSigns) designed. It was a huge boost to my hope and outlook. Let's do the same for Bigdawg. Please dig deep.

Last edited:

Mike F

Gonna try to get a prepaid Visa gift card this weekend to renew my premium membership here, just gonna get a month for now and whatever's left on it I'll donate. Might not be much but it's all I can really do for now.

BobM

Maybe we should all send a little every week. Skip a lunch, quit smoking, only drink a 30 pack this weekend instead of 2-30 packs. They need our help and I'm happy to help a little. Wish I could help a lot more.

Hi BigDawg and to the real "BigDawg" as well. Just checking in, how are you two doing? How is his health? You guys keeping it together? what's up...give us an update if you have the time.

Hope things are as good as can be under the circumstances.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We are still here :smile:

Things are about the same with Jeff - he did have a good defib check last week - was his first good visit in a while. He's been able to do a little more since it's cooled off outside. The heat wears him out in a minute.

His blood pressure drops a lot though. The systolic (top number) is when the heart contracts. The defib helps keeps that at a pretty normal range. But the diastolic (bottom number) keeps dropping in the low 50's. That's the part that measures the pressure of the heart when it's relaxed. And that's with the meds, but way too low. So we do things but he has to really pay attention to how he's feeling and stop and rest when he starts feeling weak.

I'm home now - it seems weird not to be at work and scary not to have that regular paycheck. But I do have a plan... this week is running around getting grandson into VPK and once I've gotten him set up I'll start looking for freelance work.

Thanks to you all for your caring and concern... and we appreciate everything you've done for us.