• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard for me... Your opinion

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I have never ever head this from any corporate rep. Ever. In over 20 years I have never heard of this.
The only place I ever heard of this is at some sign forums that make unnecessary demands when signing up. Or during some post.

Have there been free email accounts for 20 years?

R08

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

perfect post... thanks for saving me all that time!! :thumb:

Thx Doug but I can only count that as 1 vote ;)

that's two for the "no dome effect" (see post 15)

If I don't get anyone that likes my dome (that I worked so hard on) it's going home.

CES020

I have never ever head this from any corporate rep. Ever. In over 20 years I have never heard of this.
The only place I ever heard of this is at some sign forums that make unnecessary demands when signing up. Or during some post.

Okay, so in your 20 years, you've never heard it. I have. So where's that leave us? I'm not telling the truth? I made it up because.....? I secretly run a server farm and make my living spreading lies so people will sign up on my servers? I have no motivation to tell a lie on something that has no impact on me at all. Believe it if you want, don't believe it if you don't want. I don't care, I know what I heard, and it's been in multiple occasions now. One of them was the local government. I guess I'm lying about that too.

Gosh, I'm such a liar.........I can't stop myself.........

Just because you've never heard something before doesn't mean someone else didn't experience it. That's ridiculous logic.

iSign

don't worry, as much as the guy has good info to offer, he always speaks as though he is the final authority on everything. Always!.... well, I've exaggerated... for the last 5 years, it seems that way to me...

and I've considered that style to be quite condescending on many occasions.. but I guess we are all that way from time to time, for one reason or another...

anyway, I've restrained myself from saying anything about it for so long, you got me taking your side on this 020...

besides I notice cheapass freecrap emails EVERY time... so me and your corporate client.. that makes two already... who knows how deep this conspiracy runs...

R08

besides I notice cheapass freecrap emails EVERY time... so me and your corporate client.. that makes two already... ...

I guess I used to think that way about others before I got a cheapass address.(although my main email is actually a POP but not my domain yet).

But It kind of reminds me of magnetic signs in a way. Temporary and not quite in the game.

In my demographics though I doubt it would make that much difference on my bottom line.

Have there been free email accounts for 20 years?

Hotmail and Yahoo started their email service in 1996 I believe.

R08

Definitely no dome effect -- too much going on.

OH!... and hhhmmmmmmm..... the "S" looks veeerrrry familiar... like a logo I've seen somewhere.... maybe.....

Agreed then on the NO dome affect.

The S is straight from the font (signfonts.com) Extreme Script. So you probably have seen it before.

Craig Sjoquist

A billboard for reading ability ... 7 items to look at be it words or pictures.. no more is best.
Your name ..thats 2
Phone ...1
background graphic ..1
general copy keep it at one line... 1
Website in future ...1
see where your going simple, simple, simple works best

WildWestDesigns

A billboard for reading ability ... 7 items to look at be it words or pictures.. no more is best.
Your name ..thats 2
Phone ...1
background graphic ..1
Website in future ...1

Agree with the simple. Billboard ads I think of like trailers that have ads on them. As people are speeding by them, the less that they have to concentrate on the better.

R08

Your name ..thats 2
Phone ...1
background graphic ..1
Website in future ...1

Definitely a believer in less is more. Originally it was going to be logo and phone on the background and nothing else.

R08

Even simpler.

Ok... I need to get this sign started and I don't actually have a great tagline so I'm leaving it out. My wife and partner were just in and this is what they suggested since it starts to get dark here at around 4:30 in the winter.

The yellow is the border of the billboard.

2010final.jpg

CES020

don't worry, as much as the guy has good info to offer, he always speaks as though he is the final authority on everything. Always!.... well, I've exaggerated... for the last 5 years, it seems that way to me...

and I've considered that style to be quite condescending on many occasions.. but I guess we are all that way from time to time, for one reason or another...

anyway, I've restrained myself from saying anything about it for so long, you got me taking your side on this 020...

besides I notice cheapass freecrap emails EVERY time... so me and your corporate client.. that makes two already... who knows how deep this conspiracy runs...

I guess in the real world, the conversation would have gone something like this :

Me: You might not want to have a free email account listed on your sign.

Tech: Why's that?

Me: Well, I went to a local government event, where they taught people how to do business with the local government and in their presentation, they specifically said they did not respond or read emails from free email accounts. They didn't say why, they just stated it in the meeting. I didn't think much of it, as we didn't use one, but not too long after that, I went to a pre-bid meeting for a hospital, and in that meeting they said the same thing.

Tech: Humm, that's interesting, I'd not heard of anything like that before.

Me: Me either. Want to go grab a beer?

Tech: Sounds good to me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess in the real world, the conversation would have gone something like this :

Me: You might not want to have a free email account listed on your sign.

Tech: Why's that?

Me: Well, I went to a local government event, where they taught people how to do business with the local government and in their presentation, they specifically said they did not respond or read emails from free email accounts. They didn't say why, they just stated it in the meeting. I didn't think much of it, as we didn't use one, but not too long after that, I went to a pre-bid meeting for a hospital, and in that meeting they said the same thing.

Tech: Humm, that's interesting, I'd not heard of anything like that before.

Me: Me either. Want to go grab a beer?

Tech: Sounds good to me.

Nope, I don't think so.
For me, I think it would've gone more like this...............

YOU: What do you think about a free email account listed on your sign ??

ME: I don't know, besides who cares.... wanna go for a drink ??

YOU: What ??

ME: You can look that up on s101 tomorrow, let's go drink !!

Jillbeans

#34.
With SignRite the size of #1, I like it extending the margins.
Don't like the phone number at all.
No brackets, area code same weight.
You don't need a tagline, nobody will read it on a billboard.
Get a website ASAP and make it signrite.com
Put .com underneath Rite.
(even tho Rick hates that)
Best of both worlds, your name is your website and you do have the phone number on it.
I just have my name and .com on my main sign.
(my phone number is there against my will very small, I'd rather have someone come in and talk to me rather than call me)
I liked it from the start, but without that panel and with a concise phone number.
Love....Jill

R08

Thx Jill,
Ha.. It's funny I liked the extending margins but I second guessed myself on it.
My salesman and my wife both liked it as well.

I agree with you on the tagline.

The website thing: signrite.com is taken.
Sign-Rite.ca or signrite.biz or elliotlakesigns.com

Attachments

• 2010final.jpg
    2010final.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited: