• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard for me... Your opinion

TheSellOut

Put .com underneath Rite.
(even tho Rick hates that)

I know you are just kidding but to defend Rick on this one, as I followed that thread a bit, he did say not to use it as "part" of a logo but that he would definitely add it to a layout such as this one!

Jillbeans

A fireplace is warm and inviting.
He's subliminally making people think they'd like to stop in and visit for that warm cozy feeling.
Then when they stop in, he can sell them signs.
:)

round man

Having painted and designed outdoor advertising displays for over 30 years I might add a little advice,...the viewing public will only have an average of 3 to five seconds to absorb your message,..the way you do so will dictate what kind of impression you leave with them mentally be it good or bad,..that's the way it goes,.....not necessarily in order of importance (depending on your objectives) you need to state who you are,...what you do or have to sell,...and how to contact or directions to get to your location,..any more than that and you are pushing your luck unless the display is at a stoplight or an area where they have considerable more time to view the ad and absorb more info. I see who you are and how to get in touch with you but considering the idiots we as a group have for customers this day and age what do you do or sell???? fireplaces? you need to tell them what your product or services are concisely and accurately within a three or four word phrase or less,in order for the ad to be effective,,.,

edited to ad,....,.I personally use Finest Quality Signs,..but you could use the word Graphics instead as it is a much more accepted term instead of "Signs" in this day and age

R08

Having painted and designed outdoor advertising displays for over 30 years I might add a little advice,...the viewing public will only have an average of 3 to five seconds to absorb your message,..the way you do so will dictate what kind of impression you leave with them mentally be it good or bad,..that's the way it goes,.....not necessarily in order of importance (depending on your objectives) you need to state who you are,...what you do or have to sell,...and how to contact or directions to get to your location,..any more than that and you are pushing your luck unless the display is at a stoplight or an area where they have considerable more time to view the ad and absorb more info. I see who you are and how to get in touch with you but considering the idiots we as a group have for customers this day and age what do you do or sell???? fireplaces? you need to tell them what your product or services are concisely and accurately within a three or four word phrase or less,in order for the ad to be effective,,.,

Thank you Roundman. I agree wholeheartedly and I've been saying that for thirty years as well . Even though my work may not show it.

However in this particular advertisement, the customer has made it clear to me (my alter ego speaking here ) that the reason for the sign is name recognition. You have to be here to understand. Very small town with other small towns around. Most know what I do anyways.

Another reason I don't like to list what I do is that whenever I've done so I invariably leave out something. And then I meet a customer who says "Oh... I had no idea you did ______ signs, it wasn't in your ad.
I'd rather someone call.

NOTE: I may mute the reds a bit and add more army green and dusty blue.

edit to your edit: I had quality signs before but it doesn't ring well. SignRite quality signs...... Its like Harvey's Bananas / Banana store

iSign

but he didn't say to include a laundry list, he said to tag on "graphic artist" , or Sign Fabrication" or some 2 to 3 word explanation for the bozo's we serve for whom "Sign-Rite" is not enough...

sure, don't do it if you don't want to, but don't tell yourself it's because laundry lists don't work for you... in 2 pages, nobody else wants you to add a laundry list either...

R08

but he didn't say to include a laundry list, he said to tag on "graphic artist" , or Sign Fabrication" or some 2 to 3 word explanation for the bozo's we serve for whom "Sign-Rite" is not enough...

sure, don't do it if you don't want to, but don't tell yourself it's because laundry lists don't work for you... in 2 pages, nobody else wants you to add a laundry list either...

You make a good point Doug.

But let's take Sign Fabrication. Some customers would think that just means large signs or doesn't include artwork.

I used to use the words 'Sign Artist'. But that makes it look like I'm just a one-man show.