Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocked.............

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs' started by ddarlak, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams

ams Premium Subscriber

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Can we keep politics off this forum? I am not pro trump, pro obama, pro hilliary, pro anything political. But it's annoying, keep it in the off topic forum.

2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    On it's face, I agree with this. However, it must be conducted in a logical manner (I'm not saying Gino does or doesn't do that, I have someone else in mind when I'm thinking of this and no I won't mention their handle), I have seen some people that no matter what do not have an open mind to even consider that what they are thinking may or may not be complete.

I may think X because of 1,2,3 and someone might think of Y because of 8,2, and 9. While we may agree on point 2, because we don't agree on the other points, they believe I (or anybody that follows that schema) totally in the wrong and they just won't accept any other type of reasoning other then that. It's either all or nothing. Those are the ones that I really start thinking about blocking. Not that they have a different opinion then myself, it's how they go about the process of having a conversation about those differing opinions. I might as well trying to have an indepth conversation with my chickens then try to talk to them.

By putting our belief system out there in order for it to be challenge, either strengthens what we are thinking or if there are chinks in it, we should be approaching it from a different angle. It's along the same lines that we learn more from criticism then we do from positive feedback. As long as that criticism is constructive mind you. Some on here think it's tough love, when it's really stroking their limp egos.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
  4. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Beyond Most

Nov 20, 2008
    Big Brother Knows.
    How about you leave? You comment on every thread with your moronic views, leaving trails of stink everywhere you go.

Get off signs101, you have no friends here.

There, I didn't say one thing about politics.

5. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I always thought you were gino.

His dastardly alter ego, so to speak.

6. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    That's quite uncalled for, don't ya think?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Beyond Most

Nov 20, 2008
    Big Brother Knows.
    "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

8. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    See, there ya go again, thinking. You know that's one of your weak spots. That always gets you in trouble.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  9. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    I think we need OP ))))))))))))))))))))))) back as a calming influence.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont

How is yet another "crap on Gino" thread entertainment, humor or spoofs? Why are threads with the sole purpose to target a member in a derogatory manner not shut down or removed?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 0igo

0igo Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Stockton Ca
    I blocked everyone on this site And I always give myself my own best advice. Every question I post on here, I quickly reply to it and answer it because I know everything.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    From what I can see - Gino has posted plenty of derogatory comments throughout the forum. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander?

FWIW - I actually did remove the thread from public view. I personally find it to be distasteful and ridiculous. But then I thought of the reason I was brought on-board here: to help implement the owner's vision as for content moderation, policy enforcement, and in general keeping the forum as drama-free as is possible with a big-board the size of Signs101. I did delete the thread originally, but reopened it here after recalling what Paul stated weeks ago as for what's allowed to be posted. This is one of those examples actually. Except for I may have extended an unworthy courtesy.

You do make a good point MarleneMarlene - though and something we'll definitely consider moving forward. This post was not originally posted in this section. I moved it from the General Chat forum. What I probably could have done was simply left the thread removed indefinitely -- since it was made in the incorrect section -- instead of offering the courtesy to move it to the only section where these types of threads are allowed.

Note taken ... So with that said. This thread is serving no purpose whatsoever.
    I'm closing it - but reiterate the following message:
    SignsSupport

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.