• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blocked.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams

Can you imagine Trump on this forum? Gino vs. Trump. Ugh. Signs101 implodes.

Can we keep politics off this forum? I am not pro trump, pro obama, pro hilliary, pro anything political. But it's annoying, keep it in the off topic forum.

WildWestDesigns

So true. You learn a lot more from people that disagree with you than you do with those that agree. Dealing with uncouth responses has been something that I have considered a price paid for opinions from experienced tradesman. Take it with a grain of salt and get over it.

On it's face, I agree with this. However, it must be conducted in a logical manner (I'm not saying Gino does or doesn't do that, I have someone else in mind when I'm thinking of this and no I won't mention their handle), I have seen some people that no matter what do not have an open mind to even consider that what they are thinking may or may not be complete.

I may think X because of 1,2,3 and someone might think of Y because of 8,2, and 9. While we may agree on point 2, because we don't agree on the other points, they believe I (or anybody that follows that schema) totally in the wrong and they just won't accept any other type of reasoning other then that. It's either all or nothing. Those are the ones that I really start thinking about blocking. Not that they have a different opinion then myself, it's how they go about the process of having a conversation about those differing opinions. I might as well trying to have an indepth conversation with my chickens then try to talk to them.

By putting our belief system out there in order for it to be challenge, either strengthens what we are thinking or if there are chinks in it, we should be approaching it from a different angle. It's along the same lines that we learn more from criticism then we do from positive feedback. As long as that criticism is constructive mind you. Some on here think it's tough love, when it's really stroking their limp egos.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Can we keep politics off this forum? I am not pro trump, pro obama, pro hilliary, pro anything political. But it's annoying, keep it in the off topic forum.
How about you leave? You comment on every thread with your moronic views, leaving trails of stink everywhere you go.

Get off signs101, you have no friends here.

There, I didn't say one thing about politics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I always thought you were gino.

His dastardly alter ego, so to speak.

See, there ya go again, thinking. You know that's one of your weak spots. That always gets you in trouble.

Last edited:

0igo

I blocked everyone on this site And I always give myself my own best advice. Every question I post on here, I quickly reply to it and answer it because I know everything.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
How is yet another "crap on Gino" thread entertainment, humor or spoofs? Why are threads with the sole purpose to target a member in a derogatory manner not shut down or removed?
From what I can see - Gino has posted plenty of derogatory comments throughout the forum. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander?

FWIW - I actually did remove the thread from public view. I personally find it to be distasteful and ridiculous. But then I thought of the reason I was brought on-board here: to help implement the owner's vision as for content moderation, policy enforcement, and in general keeping the forum as drama-free as is possible with a big-board the size of Signs101. I did delete the thread originally, but reopened it here after recalling what Paul stated weeks ago as for what's allowed to be posted. This is one of those examples actually. Except for I may have extended an unworthy courtesy.

You do make a good point Marlene - though and something we'll definitely consider moving forward. This post was not originally posted in this section. I moved it from the General Chat forum. What I probably could have done was simply left the thread removed indefinitely -- since it was made in the incorrect section -- instead of offering the courtesy to move it to the only section where these types of threads are allowed.

Note taken ... So with that said. This thread is serving no purpose whatsoever.
I'm closing it - but reiterate the following message:
Can't we all just get along?

SignsSupport

Status
Not open for further replies.