• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 INK CARTRIDGE ERROR NEW ECO-SOL MAX INKS

adamfromayr

Hi

does anyone know how this is happened?

Im in the UK

And bought a used BN20

And inserted a brand-new ink tray and 4 x new eco-sol MAX Inks 440cc

and one new MT 220cc metalic

i haven't even started it yet but saying waste tank is 30% full?

what a waste of ink/money?

Adam

thanks always update if i can fix

Screenshot 2021-11-08 171244.jpg

vondegroot

I ran a BN-20 with 440 carts, and it's fine. When the ink gets low, the tab will pop out and then you know you really need a new cart. As far as the waste tank goes, that's something you can take apart and refill with anything absorbent. There some good threads about that on it on the Googs ;)

adamfromayr

Thanks for the replys

But i think it does take 440 carts as a big website sells them in the UK saying they work on the ROLAND BN20 Hence why i got them

Maybe something to do with firmware version? on the BN20

But still need to know any one else know why?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't know about the BN20 but Mutoh did something similar. If you upgraded the firmware on your 1204 it would take the ability to read the 440 chips. Mutoh uses the same cartridge tech as Roland so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Do you have your old cartridges? You might swap a chip from an old cartridge with a new cartridge and see if you get the same error.

I think the issue with the 440 cartridges is the weight. The ink slots don't have any reinforcement for the longer cartridges. Might look into making a little shelf to hold up the back side of the ink so the printer doesn't fatigue.

My 2 cents. Good Luck!

adamfromayr

Hi

Thats what Digisupplies emailed back asking me today about the last carts installed, but i got this for a great price it was missing ink and waste tank ive bought those

Good news is at least its stopped beeping so stressful that beep is!

Here is what it looks like now
Screenshot 2021-11-09 110343.jpg

Ive emailed the ink supplier plus Roland support in the UK waiting on a reply

I also think an update on the firmware would help? how do you find the firmware? is it on Versaworks? ive just downloaded that today not used it yet

I also keep getting the message "set up the sheet" but its all been installed carefully and pinch rollers are down over the grip rod etc

Im thinking firmware and more 220c inks to get me started but maybe use the 440c once ive got it at least working and like you said Sean build a wee shelf o support them

I do loads of thing CNC Powder coating etc etc so will make a matching powder coated stand one day
Screenshot 2021-11-09 110258.jpg

THANKS for all your replys guys

adam

vondegroot

I just used folded cereal box card and wedged it in under the carts to help offset the extra weight. But I've seen someone that built a support shelf, it was pretty trick!
And you can ignore the ink monitor for the most part. It's an educated guess on all Rolands. Best way to check ink is to pull carts and and/or weigh them.

adamfromayr

In saying all this the metalic one is 220c version

So i wonder why that one isnt showing up also?

Maybe its a sensor or something?

Two people have asked what carts were in it before that must mean something

Im wondering if a new set off 220c will help for now!

Waiting on Roland UK to reply and Diggisupplies in Germany

Thanks for all your help and tips, links etc

I very much appreciate it, saves me more white hairs :)

adamfromayr

getting somewhere!

Ive updated the firmware, and noticed in the settings in versaworks that WHITE Ink was previsouly used, so im thinking i now need some 220c white ink!

I have just tried to do a test cut and a test print but it wont move

Does anyone know why? it doesnt do a test cut or test print?

Screenshot 2021-11-09 194002.jpg

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It shows "Setup incomplete" in the upper left. The machine isn't ready to perform the job.
As above, check that media is loaded correctly first.

adamfromayr

HI

Thanks for the replies

Its definitely loaded properly

Im thinking its something else not sure what though :(

see pics does it look okay guys?

Note: the first 2 x pics show the rollers are lined up with the grit roller

Of course the paper then gets pulled right through after those pics were taken, just to show if it looks right DSC00300.JPG DSC00299.JPG DSC00303.JPG DSC00301.JPG DSC00305.JPG

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
There is no setting to change. Once you pick your spot color your stuck with it. So if there is a metallic cartridge in a white channel the chip is going to prevent you from printing.

adamfromayr

Thanks for the replies again guys, and all keystrokes are read :)

I love forums

I do read manuals bits of it anyway! lol and YouTube etc so i have done all that

There isnt much info out there about people changing from White to Metallic, Im assuming you have to get Roland engineers to do that with software?

Im sure this printer is set up to use eco-max 3 inks with one x white!

I got the printer used with no inks in it and assumed ECO-MAX Inks with metallic would work! But they dont get found in Roland Utility and in versaworks shows White and eco-max 3 inks

so today im going to order 1 x white and 4 x eco-sol max 3 inks

Next week i will update how things are with the Media set up, maybe the wrong inks inside are preventing me from moving forward thats what i hope! So around Monday-Tuesday i will put in the new inks

And then work out the mdeia issue, if it still persists then we know its not an ink issue, a lever sensor? or media sensor? Means i will have to open up the unit, The system is spotless inside its in amazing conditions looks hardly used!

So i wouldnt think its damaged inside! It was a bit dusty maybe dust has covered my sensors, wait on the inks first

I also update after i found out the issue so as to help any others in the future

adam