• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought used Roland PLEASE HELP!

UtahSupra

Hey guys new to the forum, and hoping that you guys can give me some advice. Over the weekend I bought a used Roland SC-545 and have had a few problems; some of which I THINK I've worked out, some I haven't..

Probably the first and most important problem even before my connectivity problems is that when I try and do a 'test print' it goes through all the motions like it should be printing but no ink is being fired, none! Does anybody have any advice on what could maybe be preventing this from happening?? I bought the printer in "working" condition but never did see it print anything...

Second, is my connectivity problem. I've got a windows 7 laptop I'm doing my printing through so I downloaded the NetTool software and plug directly into my printer via the Ethernet cable but nothing happens when I click rebuild to find the printer. Any ideas there???

Thanks in advance for any help on this,
Andrew

Circleville Signs

Wait. You bought a used printer, and didn't get a test print done before you handed over the cash?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the graphics co

call a tech and have them get it up and running for you. it will cost a few hundred but it will save you the headache of trying to figure it all out and probably have it up and running in one day.

UtahSupra

Wait. You bought a used printer, and didn't get a test print done before you handed over the cash?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I think they call it an investment... For the price I paid for this printer I didn't care if it worked or not, I was just trying to get it loaded in my trailer and get the hell out of there before they changed their minds...

Fatboy

Yeah, I think they call it an investment... For the price I paid for this printer I didn't care if it worked or not, I was just trying to get it loaded in my trailer and get the hell out of there before they changed their minds...

You see Circleville.Always get all the facts cause now we are laughing at you hahahahahahah.
If the price is really low and maybe it is an auction situation then I will also do it.That is if the price is really low.Not like halfprice....like 10%

otctech

Look at the ink lines and dampers, if they are not full of ink then you have air in the lines and need pull ink through the dampers. If they are full of ink then you probably have dried up heads and you could try a head soak.

UtahSupra

Look at the ink lines and dampers, if they are not full of ink then you have air in the lines and need pull ink through the dampers. If they are full of ink then you probably have dried up heads and you could try a head soak.

Great info! I'll do some research and find locations of the dampers and check them..

BTW Thanks for all the help so far, has REALLY been good info.

Circleville Signs

You see Circleville.Always get all the facts cause now we are laughing at you hahahahahahah.
If the price is really low and maybe it is an auction situation then I will also do it.That is if the price is really low.Not like halfprice....like 10%

I had all the facts :peace!:

Dude bought a printer without any idea if it worked. If he was buying it as a parts machine, then he wouldn't be worrying about it printing. It's pretty obvious that he is not familiar with this type of technology, as he had no idea what the possible issues he was facing were (i.e., head dried out, air in lines - all simple, first thought things to anyone with knowledge of the technology).

OP didn't invest in anything. He gambled. There's a difference.

sar bossier

Bonjour from Louisiana! Did they give you the owners manual with the machine? We have the same printer, I would start there - if they did NOT give it to you (maintenance section), you can download it from Rolanddga.com. I have the SERVICE manual, but it is REALLY technical - I would try the owners manual first - DEFINITELY a head soak to start, new inks, bleed the lines, replace wipers, dampers, caps (all easy to do). PM me with your e-mail if you want a copy of the service manual, but do as suggested here first.

Last edited:

FatCat

Hey, don't those machines have like 6 heads? At $800/ea that will be a pricey fix if they're all dried up. Wish you luck...

CS-SignSupply

6 heads at $800-$1100 each
12 dampers at $20-30 each
6 captops at $25 each

Hope you planned on a possible $5,000-$6,000 investment on top of the purchase price.

Also better hope the network card/motherboard/fuses/etc are working.

Are you using a Crossover cable to connect your printer to the computer?

royster13

Is it "hot"?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Not the best way to go about buying equipment. Your going to be spending a ton of money trying to get that thing running. I sure hope all the heads are not bad, have you seen how much the heads cost or how much service techs are to fix it yet?