• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought used Roland PLEASE HELP!

Fatboy

You are half way there. At least it sounds like the electronics are fine.My guess...at the very worse new print heads.
Well done so far,we will get this baby printing just fine...you will see!

Mike F

Where can I go next to begin diagnosing problems with banding and blurring images??

First thing to do is get it calibrated, then do a test print and post it so we can take a peek, kinda curious what kinda condition the heads are in. Post a pic of the "banding and blurring images" as well, easier to diagnose when we can see what's going on.

Fatboy

First thing to do is get it calibrated, then do a test print and post it so we can take a peek, kinda curious what kinda condition the heads are in. Post a pic of the "banding and blurring images" as well, easier to diagnose when we can see what's going on.

I agree.Post testprint as well as 4 solid cmyk blocks..Please:toasting:

kylebrk

Wait. You bought a used printer, and didn't get a test print done before you handed over the cash?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're one of my favorite guy on this board, but that was a dick move. Don't laugh at others misfortune. Come on, it's only Tuesday.

UtahSupra

Test prints... Also, these prints look pretty vibrant. It must be the flash on my camera because they don't look quite this good...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 72
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 68

Mike F

Test prints... Also, these prints look pretty vibrant. It must be the flash on my camera because they don't look quite this good...

Yikes! :covereyes: I'm no expert... but it looks like you need all your heads replaced. That is one baaaaaaad test print.

Tigertron

Have you tried the deep cleaning. But those heads look bad. I have some old ones that would print better than those. Since they are shot I would see if soaking them in cleaner might soften the ink enough to flush them out. Looks like they dried up.

UtahSupra

Sounds like a head soak are in order, any advice on doing this?? Also I've heard/seen some people putting that DX4 head in a ultrasonic cleaner with some solvent, any thoughts on that??

wirenut

you rang?

This Thread is almost getting to the "wirenut" Level... lol

did I hear my name called?.......yes, I am still reading......and studying.....and learning.........haven't spent my money yet.......but note, I haven't asked any more questions.....................yet.......but they are soon coming!

MGraphics

did I hear my name called?.......yes, I am still reading......and studying.....and learning.........haven't spent my money yet.......but note, I haven't asked any more questions.....................yet.......but they are soon coming!

Maybe stear clear of Gary!!... no offence Gary:peace!: