• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Building your own laminating table?

gnemmas

Quote: Or you can order a Chinese one. Last time I've asked for a price, it was 7500$USD shipping included to Montreal for a 1500mmX3000mm work area (60inX118in).

I've got the same quote for this Fayon model FY1530. $6,500 to L.A, Port, + duty and forwarding freight to my shop cost around $1,000.

These tables other than hydraulic up/down control of roller, have very little moving parts, not much can break down.

They will be in ISA show, April of 2017.

reQ

Quote: Or you can order a Chinese one. Last time I've asked for a price, it was 7500$USD shipping included to Montreal for a 1500mmX3000mm work area (60inX118in).

I've got the same quote for this Fayon model FY1530. $6,500 to L.A, Port, + duty and forwarding freight to my shop cost around $1,000.

These tables other than hydraulic up/down control of roller, have very little moving parts, not much can break down.

They will be in ISA show, April of 2017.
They go down in price every year

reQ

So the signed contract was $2860 door to door. Now that it's in the US they asked for $344 more and now they want an additional $400+ dollars because they don't have a big enough forklift to offload and need two.... Yet this was all discussed in the initial quote.
So did you get the table yet?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Crate arrived... It is ridiculously well crated... The crate weighs nearly as much as the table.

We got it unpacked and set on the ground, but haven't messed with it more that just check for true and level which it is so far. Monday we will test the rollers and etc. And report back.

Attachments

• 20161202_164952.jpg
    20161202_164952.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 644
  • 20161202_165146.jpg
    20161202_165146.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 625

bigben

Crate arrived... It is ridiculously well crated... The crate weighs nearly as much as the table.

We got it unpacked and set on the ground, but haven't messed with it more that just check for true and level which it is so far. Monday we will test the rollers and etc. And report back.

Cool! I look forward to have your review/feedback.

reQ

I hope nothing was damaged! How much did u pay at the end for everything, including shipping/taxes/duties etc.

P.S. Waiting for feedback on performance.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So far after unpacking, assembling and testing the entire table for true and level it looks great.

We had to replace 2 LED lights Simple Plugs/Snap Clips and the most nerve racking part was installing the heater tube. We Also found out that the table and compress need to be on separate circuits, with the heater on it trips our 25amp circuit.

We mounted a few things to CORO, ACM and PVC... everything mounts really well in all spots of the table.

Attached are a few pics we took using the table initially.

Attachments

• 20161205_095535.jpg
    20161205_095535.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 634
  • 20161205_095544.jpg
    20161205_095544.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 626

reQ

So far after unpacking, assembling and testing the entire table for true and level it looks great.

We had to replace 2 LED lights Simple Plugs/Snap Clips and the most nerve racking part was installing the heater tube. We Also found out that the table and compress need to be on separate circuits, with the heater on it trips our 25amp circuit.

We mounted a few things to CORO, ACM and PVC... everything mounts really well in all spots of the table.

Attached are a few pics we took using the table initially.

Did u try to laminate anything yet?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Successful laminating... we did find a dip in one section of glass so we have to adjust the set screws.

Attachments

• download_20161205_125939.jpg
    download_20161205_125939.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 638

reQ

Successful laminating... we did find a dip in one section of glass so we have to adjust the set screws.

But overall, would you say importing from china at 1/2 price is worth it? I am pretty sure it is & ready to buy same one from same company myself before year end

Christian @ 2CT Media

So Far yes... I'd say our purchase of this table has been worth it based on the build quality and functionality thus far. The logistics leave a lot to be desired, but Maggie has been a great sales person for us.

The compressor they provide is ultra quiet, even quieter than our California Air tools compressor.

ghostwriter1

I mada a laminating table :(

Hi All,,
I'm just a one man backyard boy in my 35th year, I made a Laminating table for $2000, $2500 if you count the cutting mat. Unfortunately it wasn't very successful, I probably could have got it right if I kept at it, I think the roller was too hard,,, I sourced a rubber roller aprox 1400mm long It was from a flat bed printer originally. I welded up the table using 90mm x 90mm aluminium, the top is 10mm toughened glass in 3 sections totalling 3.2m x 1.4m. I didnt want anything above the roller so all the mechanism was built below the table on 2 linear bearings. I used trampoline springs to pull the roller down on the table and to raise the roller i got 2 identical scissor jacks (car Jacks) end to end and connected to each other. The idea was to raise the roller with a crank handle then lower it so the springs provided the pressure, to keep the glass from flexing I had chains and turn buckles in 3 places placed under a centre beam creating upward force. I still use the table but removed the mechanism, In hindsight the roller was too hard and I think I was trying to get too much pressure and maybe the weight of the roller would have almost been enough, Aluminium $500 Linear Bearings $500 Glass $600 Roller $150 springs jacks h'ware $150 Wheels etc, I could post design but as it was a fail I don't see the point, Regards, Brad,,, Ghostwriter

Has anyone out there thought of building their own laminating / application table? I have a hard time considering the cost of a rollover type of mounting table at 15 to 20 thousand.
I know one fellow that has an ezy taper mounting machine and he said he really likes it, and it is half the price. Any thoughts on this

Geoff897

It’s incredible the poor quality that comes from this company, my compressor sounds like a FREIGHT TRAIN when it comes on and that’s every 4 or 5 uses, I’ve had to remove the lid of the compressor box as it sound like its falling apart

I said I didn’t want to write a novel but this is a warning to all who are considering one, Don’t buy from Henan Yingkai, You will regret it, You will want it out of your shop cos you are sick looking at an oversized expensive storage table.

Sorry for posting and disappearing before, Henan Yingkai decided to contact us again ONLY after we posted this review to try and resolve the issues. We gave them the benefit and time to resolve the issues although another 8 weeks passed and still in the same position. bought in July

An independent person they recommended came and looked at the machine agrees with the poor manufacturing standards to what he normally see’s. They have passed this information back to Henan Yingkai but they still don’t want anything to do with it and let us $10k out of pocket
The Independent inspector was extremely good at what he does and showed us heaps about levelling and the machine and adjusting pressure as they were wrong, Also fixed the bearings that slipped off breaking the heater on first use (Not the cause of the user as commented by Richard but because they don’t press bearing onto the shaft like IT SHOULD BE DONE IN manufacturing). The solution was to mark the shaft so the bearing grips and does its job. We really appreciate the independents persons time spent helping!!
(The levelling of the bed is still an issue due to poor manufacturing and is a work in progress atm, It’s hard to spend 50+hours on a brand new machine and still need to run your sign business.

Major Issues identified

• - Bubbles through-out the length of the laminator (Solution - Add 2mm PVC offcuts if its 8 mm add 4 pieces of 2mm PVC stacked)
  • - Roller doesn’t roll straight and creases the vinyl (No solution to fix)
  • - Electric Shocks touching the frame (No point fixing this as machine can’t do the above)
Minor but shows the poor workmanship and quality from Henan Yingkai

• - Scratches in the glass
  • - Bearings not locked on to shafts causing the main roller to slip and broke the heater core
  • - Poor paint and already have Rust on the frame
  • - LED’s Flicker randomly even when light switch is off (Probably why the electric shocks touching the table)
  • - Air compressor sounds like a freight Train

After talking to the 3rd person from Henan Yingkai and 9 weeks have passed they tell me that tempered glass is never flat and requires the customer to level the laminator. This is the first time i had heard this after countless hours (Weeks) talking about the exact issue. I have so many different stories from them

• 1. Must have been damaged in shipping
  • 2. Then Never seen the issue before
  • 3. Then this is what another customer did to fix theirs
  • 4. Now It’s a requirement to level the laminator
Now in the same time of them making up excuses never seen it before etc CT-Media is given reassurance he won’t have the problem as they have a new model which fixes the exact issues I have ;|
[FONT=&amp]Hey dear Christian,This is maggie from henan yingkai.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Firstly thanks for your trust on our company and choose to buy our flatbed laminator machine FY1737.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Your model is newest one which has the function to level the table,you can see there are many support point under the glass table,will not happen the same problem as Mr Geoff.I promise your machine is well built.Do not worry,it will worth what you pay for,Just wait for it arriving.[/FONT]
MIND YOU WE BOUGHT WITHIN 2 MONTHS OF EACH OTHER
Don’t trust what they tell you as they just want you to go away which is why I’m sending my experience to warn you to stay as far away as you can.

I guess buying this Fayon flatbed from Henan Yingkai is just a $10,000 learning experience. Listen to the rumours and don’t buy from them, you will get burnt.

2CT-Media you must have something in your favour you dodged a bullet, you could have received the same quality as mine. Must be because you talked about becoming a supplier :) or it was an ex demo machine. I agree with Christian very well packed pity about the quality out of the factory tho

Video
Dropbox - 20161010_180641.mp4

2016-10-10 17.29.42.jpg 1 Shims from manifacturer.jpg 2016-10-10 16.32.51.jpg 2016-10-08 10.30.02.jpg table.jpg

phototec

So Far yes... I'd say our purchase of this table has been worth it based on the build quality and functionality thus far. The logistics leave a lot to be desired, but Maggie has been a great sales person for us.

The compressor they provide is ultra quiet, even quieter than our California Air tools compressor.

You did NOT answer many questions about the additional shipping charges applied after the unit arrived in the US, why? What was the ACTUAL final shipping cost delivered to you facility?

I know you plan on importing these cheaper Chinese made tables, however I would hope you give a true honest review of how it performs and the build quality. Most items I have purchased from China all have the same POOR build quality of bad machine tolerances, bad fit and finish, and bad painted or plated finishes. Let us know how soon you see rust appearing on the metal parts. Thanks

player

I would never buy one from Henan Yingkai. Thanks for the warning. They need to return your money or ship you a new working unit. You need to set up a YouTube channel and make a bunch of videos showing the piece of sh1t. With the right key words your videos will come up anytime someone is looking for one.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here is my answer to the questions posed and I will do a full video review when we get through these projects. We are going to forego importing these until we can discuss with them some changes we would like to see to the tables and we can establish a chinese based agent to inspect ordered items.

As for the shipping issues we faced, our Final Total was $3027... more than the initial $2850 we signed but they did leave out originally the ISF filing and Customs Bond fee which we agreed to pay. The issue with shipping came down to Binex Line Corp (The Shipping forwarder) underquoted the shipment due to the size and didn't account for the requirement of a forklift at delivery. The extra fees were dropped when both Yingkai and US sent them their signed contracts with the price clearly listed on it. I would never by choice use Binex again.

Now to the Issues of the table. I for one DO NOT AGREE with how they are treating Geoff, I think it reinforces the fears of dealing with China and the worry of receiving a piece of garbage machine.
Now to backup what Geoff has mentioned, our table is of a completely new design to his and we did only order roughly 47 days apart. Our table top has adjustment screws (5 across each crossbeam) to level the table but in all honesty they do not work well due to the glass rigidity (our glass is at .82" Thick) and the Glass is not true and level it is crowned in the center.

Issue 1: Our top was not perfectly level at arrival, through initial testing we didn't find any issues but upon further use we located high/low spots. We contacted Yingkai for suggestions and learned that the glass is crowned and the roller is not so down pressure is key to some processes, but alas changing pressure did not alleviate it all. We had to do some of our own modifications and through measuring we determined the crown to be nearly .5" in the center. We cut 3mm PVC 2" wide strips to line the left and right edges of the table, which due to the weight of the glass caused the crown to sag in the center and it brought it down to .125". Now with the proper down pressure it allows for full contact across the width of the table for the roller. We currently use .2 Bar for Mounting Coroplast or crush-able substrates, .4 bar for all other substrates, and .5 to .6 bar for laminating films to films. After the adjustments we get no bubbles or silvering in laminating or mounting with these pressures and its even across the surface.

Issue 2: arose quickly after usage, our compressor they sent is very quiet but there was damage to the electromagnetic pressure control valve which was leaking, then eventually broke and caused constant cycling of the compressor. This was due to bad packing by the compressor manufacturer (not Yingkai). Yingkai quickly got us a new part and we swapped it out in 10 mins and the compressor works perfect.

Issues 3: is the glass itself, it is not of high quality we suspect as it is easily scratched by knives or even dragging plastic across the surface. We ordered a custom cut cutting mat for it and all is well.

Issue 4: The heater element keeps popping fuses even after swapping out to 30amp fuses and breaker. We suspect a short somewhere in the wiring and are currently searching for it when we have time. We don't need the heat currently so its not a major issues for us.

Issue 5: The lighting system leaves a lot to be desired, we are currently looking for brighter LEDs or trying to find a way to get rid of the light bleed or raise the lighting closer to the glass.

I really hoped that Yingkai would make it right with Geoff, but alas it sounds like they are wiping their hands of the issue. We just made another large purchase from china from another vendor and I hope we don't have any issues like Geoff, the difference though is they fly a tech out to install the machine and train us.

ThatGuy

Makes me glad we went with the CWT table. It will be 1 year next month and it does nothing but work perfectly.

Geoff897

Thanks for the idea, Might consider adding my review to youtube

I have suggested a few options to Henan Yingkai to rectify the issues.

• We offered to pay for flights and accommodation for an engineer to come and fix it.
  • If they built a replacement table and thoroughly tested it, I would cover shipping and customs again roughly 3k out of my pocket
  • They pay for a local engineering company to fix the issues
  • Finally full refund

They are not interested in resolving the issues, They have offered
  • They send tools (Jack,Glass Suction Cup,PVC shims) and i fix the issues myself and remove my review from here they would refund $1k
  • Full refund if i ship the machine back to them at my costs. I think it was just a kick in the face offer as it costs mores in shipping then the table costs

Ct-Media, Imagine not having those 65 adjusters on the table supports and having to physically lift the 250+kg glass and add pieces of pvc on every low spot. Its a great improvement that is necessary due to the low quality materials used and workmanship. From my point it would reduce lifting the heavy glass 65 times to add the pvc shims instead of a small turn to raise it anywhere from .5mm to 6mm. It would be a nice option in trying to level my table. It seems more and more people are coming out with quality issues from this manufacturer.

I would guess my table top glass was scratched when sliding it of the stock pile, FYI i think my glass is only .59" not .82"

Agreed LED's only look good, They are not bright enough to shine through the media to align to the substrates or even for weeding.

Table height is also an issue its only 32.5" high or 83cm, Im average height 5.10" so for it to be comfortable it needs to be 4" higher

Yeah ThatGuy hindsight sucks :|