• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

built a computer! Thoughts and changes possible.

Great news! The need to flash a systems bios seems to have become commonplace. Just curious, what are your memory timings set at? Nice about OC'ing today is that it is not as easy to cook a processor.

Jason - I have never put my hands on a SAS controller card to 100% positive BUT, from what I have seen so far, the new Adaptec SAS are intended to compatible with SATA and SAS. A boost in performance should be achievable just by the shear nature of the controller having its own processor - unloading the CPU.

In answer to your question, using the SATA as backup or archival drive should be more than satisfactory. To be clear, I would not however, mirror a SCSI drive with a SATA because you will only achieve the speed of the slowest drive, but as a backup, you would be fine.

bullcrew

Great news! The need to flash a systems bios seems to have become commonplace. Just curious, what are your memory timings set at? Nice about OC'ing today is that it is not as easy to cook a processor.

4;4;4;15 42 with 2. volts and can get 2.3 safely and still warrantied as well as turn the multiplier to 1;1 and adjust a little voltage to get it 3.6 air cooled an stable. I am digging in and getting 2 more gbs of ram OCZ platinum 800 and still looking for a bigger cooler. It screams though, I know we get used to them but this loads PS cs2 from a dead boot in 5 seconds and pulls flexi in 7 sec..
Thats with my filters and 2400 fonts loaded as well.