• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Layout

Dentafrice

Well here's one of my first designs. I've never been a designer, but have always wanted to attempt it.

I'm 16 years old and just starting out, so please tell me what I overused, left out, shouldn't be there.. or if you just don't like it at all please tell me.

I was wanting something sort of eye catching and mysterious on the front, but informational on the back.

The front, you can turn either way to read "Mingle Graphics", but it's sort of hidden in there.

1st:
1U34

2nd:
1U5o

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

looks like the only way to read mingle graphics on the front is if its upside-down...maybe reverse that? And maybe on the side of the back do mingle then graphics instead of mingle over and over again...also, why use dentafrice.com if your email and business name are mingle related?

Dentafrice

I'm in the process of buying a few domains, haven't got around to that part yet. Just doing the designing of the business cards right now.

I had it last night printed out and I could read it both ways, I'll mess around with it.

But what about the concept?

cptcorn

adad
16? You are doing a great job with such little experience, keep up the hard work, and you'll go far.

My only advice coincides with what was said above. Maybe try using a different type face. It might help.

J Hill Designs

looks better, typeface advise is good, but on the back, dont use the upsidedown thingy, just do
mingle
graphics
mingle
graphics
etc

Dentafrice

16? You are doing a great job with such little experience, keep up the hard work, and you'll go far.

My only advice coincides with what was said above. Maybe try using a different type face. It might help.

I've been an entrepreneur since I was around 12. Started programming websites (PHP, MySQL database design), and worked for an in-development social network for a while.

I started out doing some vinyl lettering and custom things using Oracle vinyl, and believe it or not.. a Cricut expression. Made around $800 in profit this way, until I had enough capital to upgrade to a new vinyl cutter.

End of my story, hopefully I'll do okay :p

looks better, typeface advise is good, but on the back, dont use the upsidedown thingy, just do
mingle
graphics
mingle
graphics
etc

Should I do it straight like you suggested, or should I do it angled? (wasn't sure if you was saying do the same angle idea, just not upside down).

signgal

+1 on what cpt said (and he knows!)

looking at your revised work... I'd leave the front muted like you had it with one complete "mingle graphics" darker to stand out and make the contact info on the other side, which is darker... even darker, so it's easier to read.

This is a super classy look and unusually "mature" for someone of your age! Keep up the good work!

Dentafrice

+1 on what cpt said (and he knows!)

looking at your revised work... I'd leave the front muted like you had it with one complete "mingle graphics" darker to stand out and make the contact info on the other side, which is darker... even darker, so it's easier to read.

This is a super classy look and unusually "mature" for someone of your age! Keep up the good work!

Sorry to question, but could you go further into detail on what you mean by the front muted? And one complete Mingle Graphics?

oh, and for the community's sake, attach new images instead of updating the old one, so we can watch the progression

Just added the original back to the top.

Thanks!

Marlene

our own Padawan, how cool is it that you are 16. the back has potential. the repeat pattern on the right hand side looks OK there. on the front, it just isn't cutting it. the stencil font isn't a great choice either.

Dentafrice

our own Padawan, how cool is it that you are 16. the back has potential. the repeat pattern on the right hand side looks OK there. on the front, it just isn't cutting it. the stencil font isn't a great choice either.
I'm having a hard time picking out a font for this. Driving me up the wall!

Do you have any idea for the front? instead of that repeat pattern?

I was just wanting something sort of "new age" and classy on the front, and then straight to the money on the back.

signgal

ok, maybe try cooper or the like. Kind of the same feel as the stencil and yes, that is what i meant but it doesn't work with the double line. Try making "mingle graphics" in one continuous line and then use that effect. see how you like that.

Dentafrice

Are you wanting to stick with greyscale, or is tossing in a splash of color an option?

Color would be nice, I just don't know how comfortable I feel at the moment with my design level to start mixing and matching with colors..

ok, maybe try cooper or the like. Kind of the same feel as the stencil and yes, that is what i meant but it doesn't work with the double line. Try making "mingle graphics" in one continuous line and then use that effect. see how you like that.

I'll try cooper and post my results. Thanks!

veloxgraphics

Try and make the "MINGLE GRAPHICS" a vibrant color so it draws focus and pops more in contrast to the greyscale background of words.