• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Layout

Dentafrice

Does this look any better? Or worse then the original?

1Ua8

GP

I was thinking something like this...

I like the overall type treatment - maybe adjust the spacing a little to give it some breathing room.

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 82

signgal

Now that I see it... I don't mind the stencil. Kinda "young" and edgy. I like the idea of a splash of red or chartreuse, like GP has. But I think the mingle and graphics should go on the same line like you have it with the cooper font.

edit: posted before I saw your new concept... I think I still like the original concept. This is all personal opinion. I'd like to see what Rick or Jillbeans thinks.

Dentafrice

Now that I see it... I don't mind the stencil. Kinda "young" and edgy. I like the idea of a splash of red or chartreuse, like GP has. But I think the mingle and graphics should go on the same line like you have it with the cooper font.

edit: posted before I saw your new concept... I think I still like the original concept. This is all personal opinion. I'd like to see what Rick or Jillbeans thinks.
I like the original concept too.. I think I'll play around with the all on one line.

Would you stay with one orientation, or would you alternate each line so that no way the card is turned, you can read it? What would your opinion be on that.

GP

I like the new card as well, though it departs from young and edgy.

With a little work on font selection, it could work. Definitely cleaner and more professional.

Which direction better defines your brand/style? Who is your audience?

GP

I like GP's... make the "S" at the end of MINGLE greyscale again, and see what you think

I was wondering why the orientation was off.

Might play with contrast a little more by softening the gray.

GP

PS- I am going to shut my mouth now - you are doing a great job on your own. Keep it up.

Last edited:

Dentafrice

I like the new card as well, though it departs from young and edgy.

With a little work on font selection, it could work. Definitely cleaner and more professional.

Which direction better defines your brand/style? Who is your audience?
Our audience is more of a younger crowd.. but I'm also wanting something that appeals to an older crowd too.

Something that presents "young" but professional. Which is really what I'm about. I'm 16, so I want something that presents myself as young (not 70 photoshop effects piled together), but something that presents me as professional also.. and right down to the point.

Which was sort of the underlying theme behind the crazy front, and the right to the point back.

signgal

I like it and I'm not saying anything else until you get some more opinions from the highly talented individuals on her! :]

Dentafrice

Thanks for your help! I've never had much confidence as a designer.. so doing some projects like this might help to boost my knowledge, and inspire me.

veloxgraphics

I'm sure others would differ, but I sortof liked how you had some of the words inverted before. You could read the text in red clearly, for the .5 second readability test... but if you were really LOOKING at the image, it was cool to see the pattern.

Just my .02

I like the direction you're going, though. Very good for someone of ANY age who is just starting out.

Marlene

your post #22 looked much better. the font is more old lady looking than young. do a little research into other products and packaging that applies to your target market to get a feel for fonts that appeal to your market.

Sabre

I dig the concept, I'd probably add a space before and after the Mingle Graphics so it appeared " Mingle Graphics Mingle Graphics " and not "Mingle GraphicsMingle Graphics". I also applaud your ambition and talents at that age. Keep on track, you can't go wrong. :)

veloxgraphics

Maybe keep the angle of the blocked text consistant on both the front and back side of the card too. Just FYI, i think we're all looking at the one side mainly because your information side is clear, laid out fairly well, and to the point. Kudos.