• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business cards

Jillbeans

I like Rick's idea about the different types of cards. You could have a baby one, a wedding one, high school senior one etc. to place at various venues or shows.

The new card front looks washed out and weak to me. I would highlight PHOTOGRAPHY rather than your last name in the logo. I'd suggest to lose the tagline and put the types of photo shoots you do, but if you did subject specific cards I'd keep the tagline.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I'm wondering how many people will try adding .com to the end of your address. You're dealing with the average public and new domain extensions won't be "the norm" for years to come.

Would it be worth it to (somehow) point out there is no .com(or.net or .org or blah blah blah)?

I would like to see top left and bottom right together. I think a headshot straight on would be better. Maybe put a collared shirt on, give a more professional look to it.

TimToad

I'm wondering how many people will try adding .com to the end of your address. You're dealing with the average public and new domain extensions won't be "the norm" for years to come.

Would it be worth it to (somehow) point out there is no .com(or.net or .org or blah blah blah)?

I've never understood what is so "edgy" or "hip" about leaving off what type of extension the website is ie. .com, .org, .net, etc. etc.

Yes, I know that most browsers will now fill in the blanks as you type but millions of people consider themselves computer skills deficient and are using outdated equipment and browsers.

As much as I try to not patronize or condescend to the general public, people just aren't that good connecting the dots or filling in the blanks in these harried times we live in. Spell it out in full and get more visits.

I'm liking the latest iterations more except for the pinup girl icon being so prominent, all the grey tones and the standup bass, which has what to do with high quality photography? Its curves are really distracting to the flow of the layout.

Also, the word "Not" is a turnoff for many people. There must be a more hip, edgy, modern tagline hiding in your subconscious that doesn't negate the very service you provide by telling people its NOT photography.

I'm not trying to be too much of an old fuddy duddy because even at 53, I still listen to some pretty hard core music and act younger than my age and I get it that you are younger and a Gen X member and your tats must be displayed for the whole world to see at every opportunity, but unless you want to be pigeon holed or only considered for jobs by your age and lifestyle group, I'd push my professionalism and skills.

rubo

Not a big deal - there should be a file in html/public/... called .htacsess - simple redirect instruction will take you to the right place - ie, you type domainame.com and end up on domainname

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I've never understood what is so "edgy" or "hip" about leaving off what type of extension the website is ie. .com, .org, .net, etc. etc.
Actually, the new edgy and hip thing is what he has done. Instead of .com as a extension, many words are now domains.

I own 3 .graphic domains...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6541651.jpg
    6541651.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 127

ucmj22

I thought I was making things easier when I registered www.molitor.photography instead of molitorphotography.com, but I'm not convinced yet. Most notably I have ran in to issues with creating a user account at instagram since it does not accept my email at .photography as a valid email; also, when I attempted to announce my site on LinkedIn, it automatically changes molitor.photography to molitor.ph so Im still up in the air about that decision.

Marlene

I like the look of the card in your post #17. the mug shot photo doesn't sell your work or make me want to see what else you can do. the tat guy playing the bass makes me want to see what else you can do. the colors help the look, not over power it like in your first post with the mug shot.