• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buyer Beware of Desay Graphics On Ebay

Techman

you can contact PayPal and tell them that you returned the item and have proof you returned it, but haven't been refunded, they will act upon it.

I can't wait to see the outcome...

drakesis

have you tried talking with Dave at Desay?
I purchased a Master a few years ago, and didn't have any problems, except for the tracking issue,(now fixed) which others have had.

IntrezaDesigns

Called and talked to him about 10 times now and still nothing keeps telling me he will call me and never does, keeps blowing off my emails requesting the return papers and such. Not to mention there tracking issue is still a big problem

Bigdawg

Just Me
We have a masters 24 and don't have a HUGE amount of problems with it. (Not that I would recommend it, but it has earned it's keep)
We mainly cut one color and small multi-color... anything bigger I design with the cutter in mind so I try not to register things too tightly. If it has to be tight register I pay to print it.
We had issues when we first got the cutter and Desay was very quick to address them - talking with us and sending us technical specs so we could fix ourselves rather than be down while we sent it back. Must have been our lucky day! Overall it was worth the money, but would buy a bigger cutter if I had it to do over again...

player

I think these guys are good for the industry. Imagine how many newbees start into the sign biz and buy this crap and quit after months of the stuff not producing properly?

Thanks Desay- you keep the new people from opening up!

Player

Geary

Well.....ya know what Desay ....buy cheap die fast.

Horrible ....I know...don't shoot please. :tongue:

Let me recommend another "inexpensive" machine bundle though....also made "offshore" but these guys do know what they're doing. Go with the Panther from Signwarehouse. (I do know a couple folks here bitch about a raw deal they got or what not...but, that's bound to happen occasionally)

I've had mine for over two years now and have run it through it's paces on all kinds of materials. It's a helluva deal man. Oh, and when you call em down there.....even though you might get a couple southern drawls in there...yor tec suhport is rat own buddy!

Geary,
The Panther is a different machine, all the way around, off-shore or not.

Intreza,
One of Dave's issues is the constant travel to and from China. It seems that the girls know nothing, and Dave is the only one. We found all of this out when we made an inquiry long time ago. If you really want it fixed, call them (DeSay) and advise them that you are shipping it back. They will not pay for your shipping - which is normal, and not out of the ordinary with Chinese products. Chinese will not warranty return shipping - never have and never will. They will most likely either repair it or send you a new one.

Nevertheless, even though others have had some luck, you should be looking for another machine. If you were to get this back - then keep it as spare.

Geary

Pro Signs & Graphix said:
Geary,
The Panther is a different machine, all the way around, off-shore or not.

You got that right bud.....it's a GREAT machine. And that's coming from long time user of Graphtecs and Summas. :wink:

~Gear

player

I bought a 54" Desay Master Cutter, and it had a really interesting feature...the limit switches are connected to the stepper board, but nothing tells the brain that it has hit the outer limit of it's size.

What this means is if you acidentally send a file that is too large for the plotter, the head will scream to the very outer limit of the plotter, where the eye senses the limit, shuts off the stepper motor, but the software keeps sending the commands, and then the stepper turns back on, then the eye shuts it off etc...

It would actually hit the outer wall of the plotter with a really loud clack, over and over again. It would jump the wheels off the track and not stop. It sounded like those 2 balls on a string that kids used to use called clackers. Really pounding the crap out of the head, walloping it against the side of the plotter.

But the worst thing was it just would not track. It would run 10' and then veer off to the right or left, or it would go 2' and veer off to the right...I tried everything to make it track, and I know most of the tricks-it just f**ing sucked big time!

I did not like the machine...so I finished a 30 billboard contract (with much difficulty) and returned it, minus 20%, and bought a Roland Versacam 54.

P

russellcustoms

I bought the 32 inch master cutter. Never any trouble until i ran a 202 inch long graphic for the side of the truck. It just got a bit confused at the last few inches I guess. But over all it has been working very well.
I only use it for cutting masks for airbrush work, so i can deal with some less than perfect cutting.
Would I reccomend it? maybe ! depends on what you are doing with it.