• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

California Dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Best

How are the sign companies handling the rolling blackouts with printers shutting down.
And the wild fires raging all over. I read where Californians moving to Texas might turn it towards Biden.

Commando

I would doubt that would be enough to turn Texas blue.
But no doubt the high tax and regulation loving leftists will take their politics with them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I heard the same thing about New York........... they're moving out like crazy. Can't figure it out ??

WildWestDesigns

But no doubt the high tax and regulation loving leftists will take their politics with them.

I think it's too soon to say that yet. The other exoduses that happened weren't out of fear (and yes, most moving out in this exodus are doing so out of fear), so I don't know. That is a concern, certainly of mine, but I just don't know, this is a different reason for moving. Although it is too soon to tell, but it doesn't quite seem the same.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, you left out Toads.

Nope, the toads aren't jumping ship......haha get it ?? Jumping ship. That's the reason most are leaving...... to get away from that mentality. It's a sickness. There are toads everywhere and as long as they are given in to..... things will not get better.

When you have a child who plays with matches, pulls little Suzie's hair, steals/copies other peoples' homework or just drinks before becoming of age...... what do you do ?? Encourage them to do it some more ?? Give them more rope ?? Look the other way ?? No, you teach them right from wrong. Stealing is stealing regardless of what level you're talking about. Killing others is killing and still wrong regardless of who you're killing. Burning down other peoples' stores, homes, businesses or even official buildings is wrong, regardless of your reasons. All of that is punishable and they should be punished...... not left unattended. Many people here and around the country talk about all these young people growing up without fathers or the home life and learning values. Is this how we teach them.....?? To actually be worse than anything imaginable up to this point ?? I hate to say it, but this country is really f*cked up and our teachers and elders don't know how to fix it. So, just let it go, bury your head in the ground and see what happens in a coupla months. Yep, that's the ticket. So, let's leave californy........... the peaceful protesters are getting mighty close !!!!!!!

WildWestDesigns

our teachers and elders don't know how to fix it.

They are actually apart of the problem. Education is a major culprit for the mess that we are in. Yes, I do blame the parents as well for not taken a more active role in their child's development, but don't hand me that the teachers don't know to fix it. They don't want to fix it, because they are part of the problem. They know what they are doing is not right, because they want to make sure the parent's are out of the loop. Where we live, the schools are requiring that parents won't listen in on what they are being taught, they are required to sign waivers that say that they won't listen in. So no, educators are not innocent in this. It's not all teachers, but education in general has bent left as it is even longer then I have been alive. My grandmother (who was an old school English teacher, seriously old school, when she died in 2015, she was 101.5 yrs old) would be astounded how teaching is done now. She was the type of teacher that was still getting letters from her former students up until she died (she outlived most of her students), so she was well liked among her students as well. Don't have that type of teacher anymore. Certainly not where I went to school. Pretty pathetic on several fronts about education.

And bare in mind, my family does (or at least did) highly value education.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh..... wild, that's kinda what I was getting at, without coming out and saying it, like you did. I was allowing people to make up their own mind and decide for themselves, if they wanted to lie to themselves or admit what's going on. This has been going on for about 40 or so years.

Here's one for ya and it reaches across the nation this time. With kids mostly staying home and doing this virtual learning or whatever they wanna call it....... Where is all the diesel fuel going ?? What's happening to school bus drivers wages ?? What's happening to all the lunches and food for the schools ?? There's lotsa other places we're saving money, but I remember just last year, helping pay for elaborate schools with marble walls and floors and fancy chandeliers in our district...... whose using these fancy places now ?? I would imagine they might start turning them into detention facilities to hold all these peaceful protesters, until they're dealt with in the courts.

De.signs Nanaimo

I have been reading quite a bit about this recently and it seems that the hearts have been ripped out of most major cities, our own Vancouver included. It is projected here is Canada, and I believe in the States too, that 60% of restaurants will not survive the year. The major reasons to endure the difficulties of any urban centre, like traffic, parking, line ups etc. are the entertainment, restaurants, and jobs.

Jobs are now being done effectively from home, commercial real estate in New York is down 54% YOY, mostly as a result of companies lack of need for square footage. This will likely never return as it is now proven that people working at home get more done than at the office. So all those people not eating at restaurants, not dropping by the bar after work, not shopping on the way home. Recently in Vancouver BC, one long time restaurant owner gave up his business as he is now cleaning up human waste every morning before work just to clear his front door, and we are having pretty good virus numbers here over all.

The Covid shot a major whole in an already desperately weak global economy based almost completely on debt, and the bullseye on that target was city centres.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Texas is mississippi with oil money. Us normal people down here in Florida are used to the northeastern migrants rushing down, driving the prices up and then doing nothing but complain about how backwards it is compared to Jersey
Philly (and suburbs) is Jersey too Gino.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like the California gold rush is over. Wonder if they are selling a bunch of one-way tickets out of state on the high-speed rail.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't matter where you're from, but there is no place with normal people...... including Florida. Philly, Jersey, and all the other northeastern states and cities are the same as yours down there. They're f*cked up beyond repair and if you can't see it, then you're part of the problem. Gotta get your head outta that beach sand and start paying attention.

John Miller

They are actually apart of the problem. Education is a major culprit for the mess that we are in. Yes, I do blame the parents as well for not taken a more active role in their child's development, but don't hand me that the teachers don't know to fix it. They don't want to fix it, because they are part of the problem. They know what they are doing is not right, because they want to make sure the parent's are out of the loop. Where we live, the schools are requiring that parents won't listen in on what they are being taught, they are required to sign waivers that say that they won't listen in. So no, educators are not innocent in this. It's not all teachers, but education in general has bent left as it is even longer then I have been alive. My grandmother (who was an old school English teacher, seriously old school, when she died in 2015, she was 101.5 yrs old) would be astounded how teaching is done now. She was the type of teacher that was still getting letters from her former students up until she died (she outlived most of her students), so she was well liked among her students as well. Don't have that type of teacher anymore. Certainly not where I went to school. Pretty pathetic on several fronts about education.

And bare in mind, my family does (or at least did) highly value education.
My wife is a teacher and I know for a fact there's none of what you speak of in her district. She communicates with parents daily, even on weekends.
They can log into powerschool, a software her school district uses and see all class work, homework and grades.

Johnny Best

Why do two guys from PA, Gino, signage reference Ostrich in their posts?
ostrich.jpg

WildWestDesigns

My wife is a teacher and I know for a fact there's none of what you speak of in her district. She communicates with parents daily, even on weekends.
They can log into powerschool, a software her school district uses and see all class work, homework and grades.

That's great if it's not happening in your district, it's happening here right in my kid's district.

The local high school, just right over my back pasture, got into big trouble over sending their teachers for "special training". You have parents have to sign waivers for this very thing in this county and in the next county as well. Some parents are seeking legal advice on this very thing.

It's great that it isn't happening over there, but it is right here where I am at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.