• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

California Dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I think a lot might have to do with the basics............. On one hand you have those states which probably have 8 trillion bullets in case of a civil war and the others don't know which bathroom to use. Then again, they just might want everyone to kiss and make up...........

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ahhh..... wild, that's kinda what I was getting at, without coming out and saying it, like you did. I was allowing people to make up their own mind and decide for themselves, if they wanted to lie to themselves or admit what's going on. This has been going on for about 40 or so years.

Here's one for ya and it reaches across the nation this time. With kids mostly staying home and doing this virtual learning or whatever they wanna call it....... Where is all the diesel fuel going ?? What's happening to school bus drivers wages ?? What's happening to all the lunches and food for the schools ?? There's lotsa other places we're saving money, but I remember just last year, helping pay for elaborate schools with marble walls and floors and fancy chandeliers in our district...... whose using these fancy places now ?? I would imagine they might start turning them into detention facilities to hold all these peaceful protesters, until they're dealt with in the courts.
Yep. I would like to hear about a HUGE break on my property tax bill, since these schools aren't using too much of the thousands I put in last year.

DPD

I can tell you as an ex-New Yorker and someone who lives in the state to the right and down that NYC is a mess and that's why people are leaving. Those that can leave will leave. My wife and I had dreams of one time of moving back but I'm glad we didn't. We would reminisce about our childhoods and younger days in NY, Brooklyn to be exact. Perhaps I'm just being romantic about the old days.

I don't understand why people blame teachers - it's not like teachers can teach whatever they want. The curriculum is handed to them and all they can do is teach it to plan. If you want to blame the universities, colleges, and family life then I think you'd be correct. I watch the riots in Portland and I can't help but wonder if the rioters know what they want. I figure though that these riots will stop if Biden is elected. If not, then we more fubared than any of us have imagined.

Sorry, I don't call them protesters. You've got to recognize a problem before you can fix it.

DPD

That's great if it's not happening in your district, it's happening here right in my kid's district.

The local high school, just right over my back pasture, got into big trouble over sending their teachers for "special training". You have parents have to sign waivers for this very thing in this county and in the next county as well. Some parents are seeking legal advice on this very thing.

It's great that it isn't happening over there, but it is right here where I am at.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that they are now teaching the alternate 1619 history in your schools or CRT in your schools or both? Either way, its the inculcation that our children and grandchildren are receiving to prepare them for the world to come. Whoever wins the war writes the history. Someday this will all be normal and you will then understand - or else.

DPD

Well, I think a lot might have to do with the basics............. On one hand you have those states which probably have 8 trillion bullets in case of a civil war and the others don't know which bathroom to use. Then again, they just might want everyone to kiss and make up...........

Still waiting for my firearms ID. They're slow walking it in my state. I was approved on July 3. PD tells me they are still typing June 1 because they've got 173k applications to type. Y'think people are scared?

Johnny Best

So if someone breaks into your house and threatens your family you won't shoot them until you get a firearms ID. It is your right to bear arms, you do not need permission or an ID.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Laws are different all over the place. My permit here in PA is only valid here or other states, which PA does not touch. Some places you need a permit, in order to purchase any handgun and some places only one gun to a permit. Which came first, the chicken or the egg does not happen in most places. You need the permit first. Pa is kinda easy as far as that stuff goes, but it's still strict in the long run. Glad I got all that stuff outta the way a long time ago. Some places will allow long guns without a permit up front. Conceal is altogether different.

DPD

So if someone breaks into your house and threatens your family you won't shoot them until you get a firearms ID. It is your right to bear arms, you do not need permission or an ID.
In many states you can't just shoot someone that enters your home. I'm not exactly sure if it works but its something like you need to use equal force. So if you're not physically threatened all you can do is shoo him/her away in my state. Note how the couple in MS (I think) that showed their weapons are now in court even though the crowd broke down the gate to their community and threatened them. Police were nowhere to be found so the panicked. Wouldn't you if a crowd was in front of your home threatening you? The only thing they were allowed to do was yell nasty remarks to get the crowd to leave.

Just the way it is these days.

Johnny Best

They don't have New York listed because they rob you by not even going in your house by taxing you on everything. I think California is just the same.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
They don't have New York listed because they rob you by not even going in your house by taxing you on everything. I think California is just the same.
It's a good thing your Avatar taught you how to eat on the cheap in Pink Flamingos, I hope you got the chance to give thanks :big laugh:

RaymondLoewy

Your so cute and such a charmer, Ray.
I like people who listen and only hire help that can spell properly and know grammar. You choose to make your idol your avatar so no hate is deserved to me; Pair that with Geno's love of happy endings and the relationship you two have, you should have known at some point it might raise a few eyebrows. It is not like I did anything against you, I just pay attention.

The pair of you and the grunt in Texas showed extreme ugliness to our out of country neighbors disgusts me to see you represent the US on this forum.

Johnny Best

Well you don't pay to good of attention Ray. My avatar changes all the time if you noticed and that is not Divine like you think.
It was a guy who cross dressed and was at the impeachment hearings in Washington when they started, saw him/her on TV.
Never have met Gino in my life. But you seem to have a thing for the both of us and maybe it leads to your happy ending while thinking of us. Hope I spelled everything right and used the proper grammar.

RaymondLoewy

Now that is cute. I honestly would like a link about the guy you mentioned, we all could use a good laugh and some entertainment that doesn't marginalize our non-us members, maybe we can all enjoy it FWIW.

Failing at the most basics kills me, and I will admit I make mistakes from time to time - If you are going to be a dick, be sure you have it right IMO.

WildWestDesigns

I don't understand why people blame teachers - it's not like teachers can teach whatever they want. The curriculum is handed to them and all they can do is teach it to plan. If you want to blame the universities, colleges, and family life then I think you'd be correct.

I don't give teachers in grade school a pass on this. Plenty are culpable in this effort as they are spreading the same thing that they get from "higher" education.

Someday this will all be normal and you will then understand - or else.

This will never be normal to me. The sheer ignorance of it all is what's astounding to me.

RaymondLoewy

Well you don't pay to good of attention Ray. My avatar changes all the time if you noticed and that is not Divine like you think.
It was a guy who cross dressed and was at the impeachment hearings in Washington when they started, saw him/her on TV.
Never have met Gino in my life. But you seem to have a thing for the both of us and maybe it leads to your happy ending while thinking of us. Hope I spelled everything right and used the proper grammar.
Well, don't be cheap - give me a link, Butto.

Status
Not open for further replies.