• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calvin being chased by an RC Airplane

raw191

I'm looking for a SOURCE for this graphic. I've seen it on ebay, but want to put it on the back of my trailer. Any ideas? I can't seem to find it anywhere. THanks.

Ross

mladams7259

dont know about the rc airplane, but you can get the basic "calvin" eps file from brandsoftheworld.com. Maybe you can find another rc airplane or get the .jpg or whatever file type it is and send it to the "Vector Doctor" www.vectordoctor.com.

raw191

I can't find one big enough to send to him. It shows calvin holding his transmitter and being chased by his own plane. Thanks.

iSign

I doubt the vector doctor would want to mess with illegal stickers.
Calvin is copyrighted & all the 1000's of stupid idiotic images are illegal & the original cartoonist is about as pissed of about it as you would be if your sign designs were ripped off.

Maybe a good time to think of a creative graphic you can apply your own sign-guy talents on to be proud of when you drive around pulling your trailer.

Sticker Dude

they just havent got caught yet and dont care
Like me I sell hundreds of calvins from my dealership but dont care cuz I have changed them a lil

skyhigh

you must have quite the booming dealership, if you have to supplement that by making illegal calvin decals.

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
they just havent got caught yet and dont care
Like me I sell hundreds of calvins from my dealership but dont care cuz I have changed them a lil

For those who read this and are still learning about copyrights, what Unique Decals has stated is an urban myth. Changing a copyrighted piece of artwork a little bit will not create a defendable position if you are sued or criminally prosecuted. Derived work is still derived work and is clearly an infringement. The standard used by the courts is:

Would a reasonable person be confused.

So if it is still recognizable as a Calvin, then a reasonable person would be confused and you lose. Your loss may be money, your business and/or your freedom.

Sticker Dude

see I dont sell mine if a customer that buys a vehicle from us that wants one we will give one to them for free but actually charge them in the long run in their contract for 20 bucks as they know when we shw them but i do all vehicle lettering and magnets and banners for customers that buy vehicles from us if they need it for their business or anything

iSign

unique decals, you are still an idiot!

I don't remember what it was, but I remember banging heads with you before.

You don't want to learn, you are breaking the law, doing something ethically wrong, & fund-sucking your penny-ante way around the gutter of this industry, while participating among professionals here so you can gloat about it.

What the hell are you? a car salesman?

If you give them for free... Calvin's original artist lost that sale, because if he did sell them, your sucker wouldn't buy them, because he thinks he got them free from his car salesman.

OldPaint

see I dont sell mine if a customer that buys a vehicle from us that wants one we will give one to them for free but actually charge them in the long run in their contract for 20 bucks
WELL DOUG HE ALSO HAS ABOVE decepitive business practices and this should tell us that this guy is no better then the local BUY HERE PAY HERE CAR LOT!!!!!!!

raw191

Let's not even stoop to such low levels, get back on topic and continue on. I've heard it said "Don't argue with an idiot. . . They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" How true.

Techman

see I dont sell mine if a customer that buys a vehicle from us that wants one we will give one to them for free but actually charge them

You own a car dealership???? Or do you own a sticker dealership?
you are either lying to your customer,, or lying about yourself.. Another poser???
If you are anything like the car dealers I know,, They wory about making hundreds of dollars on a sale rather than worrying about a $2 bux sticker. So I hardly beleive you are a car dealer.. Maybe a mechanic or some floor worker..

Geary

see I dont sell mine if a customer that buys a vehicle from us that wants one we will give one to them for free but actually charge them in the long run in their contract for 20 bucks as they know when we shw them but i do all vehicle lettering and magnets and banners for customers that buy vehicles from us if they need it for their business or anything

So what? It's still a source of revenue and the rip-off calvin is being used in the deal......dumbass.

iSign

Let's not even stoop to such low levels, get back on topic and continue on. I've heard it said "Don't argue with an idiot. . . They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" How true.

yeah, you're right!

back on topic:

Maybe a good time to think of a creative graphic you can apply your own sign-guy talents on to be proud of when you drive around pulling your trailer.

raw191

Well, if you don't know the answer, you've got to ask someone right? Now I know. I'm not blessed with knowing everything like a few of the members seem to.

mladams7259

sorry for the response, wasnt thinking about copyright issues. It was midnight and my brain wasnt functioning properly.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member

:wine-smi: :wine-smi: :wine-smi: :wine-smi:

Just for the record regarding this ***/...Awwwww... Never Minnnd.. :rolleyes:

. :unclesam: