Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camper half wrap questions

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Stacey K, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I have a customer who wants me to wrap the bottom half of a camper similar to the one pictured with all the ribs. Clearly this is a 2 person job but I've never done anything with all these ribs. How long will something like this take? Anything I need to consider? With cleaning and cutting around the hitch, etc. does 6-7 hours sound right? My helper will not be experienced, just another set of hands.

2 sides at 130"x32" each
    2 ends at 78"x32" each

About 96 square feet total.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. GaSouthpaw

GaSouthpaw Active Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Georgia
    If you've never done anything like this, maybe sub it out to an installer that has and learn from them by helping them?
    Otherwise, whatever you figure it'll take you (time and material wise) you could double it, or price it as is and chalk up any loss as a learning curve?
    Been a while since I applied anything like this, but I think that'd take me a couple of hours. I can't say if that's fast or slow- just the pace I work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    I'd say about an hour to an hour and a half tops, with a helping hand that listens good.
    That does not include print time.

4. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    The only helping hand you need is a roll of double sided tape.... Far cheaper than paying someone even minimum wage.

A job like this including cleaning assuming it's relatively new would take maybe 3-4 hours.

It's called a corrogated surface. You can Google and find tons of guides... If you have experience wrapping it's not too bad doing corrogated.

https://hingstssignpost.blogspot.com/2012/04/application-of-vinyl-graphicsto.html?m=1

• Informative Informative x 1