• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can anyone blow this up and actually make out what it says?

CES020

Guess the kid laughed when the police said they have camera footage of them.... glad we had the camera's.

A few years ago, I had bad things happening around my house. Every day when I went home, it would be 10-15 punks in the street in front of my house. They used my mailbox as a trashcan. I couldn't do much because they were there all day and night and they knew my every move. I finally snapped one night when I got home, called the police and they came out. He went across the street and came back and said "I told them you had a video camera so you might want to get one".

I got one, installed it, and not too long later, I came home and my mailbox was sitting on the ground with a caved in side.

I went inside, watched the video tape and sure enough, clear as a bell, in the middle of the day, it had them. I called the police, they came and watched it, and went across the street and explained to them that he had seen the tape and he identified the person that had done it (their kid). The Mom swore up and down her kid didn't do it. The officer assured her that he had seen the tape and it was her kid. She still denied it. She asked to see the video and I refused. I told them I had no intention of letting them into my house so they could see exactly where all my cameras were located as well as seeing anything of value they might decide they want when I'm not home.

The officer agreed with me, wrote them tickets, and moved on. For the next 3 years I had punks, drug dealers, and thugs in front of my house, but not one of them ever stepped out of line on my property again.

Finally they grew up, got old enough to stay locked up and away they went, along with all my troubles.

There's some really cool camera stuff out there now. Camera systems that aren't really expensive and they'll text you when they detect motion, along with the ability to watch remotely too. There's a really nice system out there that starts at $299 for one camera and the system.

Mike F

Glad they got'em, hope they get what they deserve.

A few years ago, I had bad things happening around my house. Every day when I went home, it would be 10-15 punks in the street in front of my house. They used my mailbox as a trashcan. I couldn't do much because they were there all day and night and they knew my every move. I finally snapped one night when I got home, called the police and they came out. He went across the street and came back and said "I told them you had a video camera so you might want to get one".

I got one, installed it, and not too long later, I came home and my mailbox was sitting on the ground with a caved in side.

I went inside, watched the video tape and sure enough, clear as a bell, in the middle of the day, it had them. I called the police, they came and watched it, and went across the street and explained to them that he had seen the tape and he identified the person that had done it (their kid). The Mom swore up and down her kid didn't do it. The officer assured her that he had seen the tape and it was her kid. She still denied it. She asked to see the video and I refused. I told them I had no intention of letting them into my house so they could see exactly where all my cameras were located as well as seeing anything of value they might decide they want when I'm not home.

The officer agreed with me, wrote them tickets, and moved on. For the next 3 years I had punks, drug dealers, and thugs in front of my house, but not one of them ever stepped out of line on my property again.

Finally they grew up, got old enough to stay locked up and away they went, along with all my troubles.

There's some really cool camera stuff out there now. Camera systems that aren't really expensive and they'll text you when they detect motion, along with the ability to watch remotely too. There's a really nice system out there that starts at $299 for one camera and the system.

They got ticketed for destroying a mailbox? I was always under the impression that messing with anything that has to do with the mail is a federal offense.

CES020

They got ticketed for destroying a mailbox? I was always under the impression that messing with anything that has to do with the mail is a federal offense.

Yeah, don't get me started on what I witnessed for years. The two houses beside mine ended up being drug dealing houses, sell weed to crack. I tried my best to help clean it up, only to be threatened by the police myself. I got a knock on my door one day, I went to the door and it was a cop. I stepped outside and he read me the riot act, told me I better stop calling because he was responsible for that neighborhood and I was making him look bad. Wanted to come inside and I wouldn't let him. Then he wanted to know what I was hiding and why I wouldn't let him inside. I told him I didn't let people inside that threatened me and that set him off. He told me I'd find out what a threat was if I kept calling.

I could write a book on the things I saw. I lost a lot of respect for a lot of officials.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds a little bit like a cop on the take..........

I'm usually rather polite and go out of my way to have manners around those guys, unless they're in the wrong and I've seen them and heard them talk amongst themselves about the sh!t they get away with.

There was a guy I went to school with, he was a year ahead of me and he became the Police Chief here in Reading, when no one else wanted the job. He was a fat kid in school and he's still a fat lug head. He couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, but he was promoted from sergeant to Top Cop, in a matter of minutes. Then his strut became unbearable.

Anyway, Chuckie acted like he didn't remember me anymore, but one day when we were in an elevator down down...... I said hey Chuckie, what'sup, don't you remember me ?? He said... No sir. I told him how he was the water-boy for our football team. Remember.... Northwest ?? Junior and varsity football and you were the WATER-BOY for four years ?? I could see the steam coming out of his ears. He said NO. I said remember.... Cosenssa was the coach and we hid your shoes and socks from you at the playoff game and you couldn't come out and yelled at all of us ?? Remember now ?? Now, he didn't answer. He got off at whatever floor and that made my day. He knew me and he remembered the incident all too well.

Anyway, they finally found someone to become Head cop and he was let go. They didn't even want him back on the force. Now he plays security guard at some store I think. I ran into him again and said Hi Chuckie.... whatchadoin' ??

He turned and walked away.

You have to respect these guys for putting their life on the line 24/7, but not the bad ones.... or the dorks. Them, firemen, soldiers and anyone else protecting us from evil. I salute you all :wavingflag: Thank you !!

slappy

the 1000 reward would be a mixture of rewards from the other businesses in the area that were related to ours
no sense of upgrading the cameras... they killed the power and wore bandanas covering their faces

we did upgrade our security system however with glass breakage and infrared sensors so nothing small will set it off.

kids are from the projects next to our shop. the driveway to enter is right beside us. Thought about making this sign and placing it at the corner of entrance to the projects since it's our property.

NEED $$$$
10 BUSINESSES
10 BREAK INS
10 REWARDS
for the conviction
of the suspects

not sure if it's 10, but i know of 8 businesses
everyone can read it going in and out, might not even post a dollar amount and let them assume or guess what it is, kinda like price is right

If they take the sign, i'll make another. If they take that sign, I'll start using the doors we had that were damaged. I'm sure that will leave an impression since they have to drive past it every day and harder to take

Spoke to the police yesterday, they couldn't get them on the charges they wanted. So i'm assuming they can't prove they were the ones that broke in.

They can't determine the tv either cause the place that it was stolen from didn't take note of the serial#'s

ova

I used to have a car wash. The location was kind of remote according to the police. [edge of town, but still in the city limits]

My security alarm was hooked up to a service that would call me and the police station when something was happening. I had no cameras, just the alarm system. It consisted of an alarm on the only entrance door, door to the change machine inside the pump room, motion detector in the pump room and vibration detectors on the soaps selector in the bays.

For a while I had the alarm hooked up to a loud horn. If the alarm went off, it also sounded the horn. Even if the meter got pulled and there was no power, the horn had a battery backup and sound off. This brings a lot of attention to the building. Problem with the horn was, if there was a storm and the power went off, the horn came on. Really ticked the neighbors off.

If you decide to do something like this, be sure and explain your system to the cops. Loss of power doesn't always mean you are getting broken into. They might treat it like a cry wolf whistle after a while.

Dave

artbot

i don't have cs6 but doesn't it have the new "deblur".

i recently had $8700 in cash stolen from my van as i drove between two banks. stopped for 3 minutes came back and it was gone. the police said that thieves were following people out of the banks.

to make it not seem like such a large amount of money, i like to imagine that i had $300 stolen from me every day for an entire month.