• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I speak to the person in charge of your phone bill?

Graphics2u

How many of you get these calls? I get at least 3 - 5 a week. Today was a record! I got 3 in one day! I'm so tired of this. I'm usually polite and say no thanks and hang up, but it's getting to the point where they won't take that any more. One of them called me back 30 seconds after I hung up and asked "why did you hang up on me?" I'm serious HE CALLED ME BACK.

They always say something like "I'm calling on behalf of Qwest". So if it's on behalf of Qwest, You're not Qwest. Who can you report these people too? :banghead:

Locals Find!

You tell them "Take me off your list" if they call back again after that its a violation of the Telemarketing Act of 1997 and you report them to the FCC. Go to www.FCC.gov they have a reporting section. They will fine them pretty heavily for each offense.

I know all this first hand as I managed a phone room doing this same stuff your complaining about after high school. I know we used to get 10-12 fines a day.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You tell them "Take me off your list" if they call back again after that its a violation of the Telemarketing Act of 1997 and you report them to the FCC. Go to www.FCC.gov they have a reporting section. They will fine them pretty heavily for each offense.

I know all this first hand as I managed a phone room doing this same stuff your complaining about after high school. I know we used to get 10-12 fines a day.

Not if it's a business line. If you publish your phone number as a business, you have invited the telemarketers...

a lot of them will actually take you off their list if you ask them too... but some won't... I have a persistent one from Verizon that I just say "Sure... hold on a minute and I'll get them for you..." then just leave the line on hold.

Locals Find!

Not if it's a business line. If you publish your phone number as a business, you have invited the telemarketers...

a lot of them will actually take you off their list if you ask them too... but some won't... I have a persistent one from Verizon that I just say "Sure... hold on a minute and I'll get them for you..." then just leave the line on hold.

The removal from the list protects you regardless of whether your a business or a personal line. Now it doesn't stop them from giving the list to another company. Just stops that one company from calling you back. We used to "sell" our "Refusal" lists to another company that was actually owned by the same owners. Just so we could keep on calling. We just all logged our hours under the sister company and kept right on calling. XYZ Telemarketing became ABC telemarketing with the same employees and address.

You can also register your business on a Do Not Call list. The FCC has a separate Do Not Call list for business lines.

CanuckSigns

we always seem to get people wanting to talk to us about our credit card processing. about 2-3 a week I would say. I usually let them ramble on and set the phone down and get back to work, come back in 10 minutes and they are gone.

SAS

Hi, I'm John from the yellow pages, I just need to update your listing.
I know it's someone from India and the damn phone echo's I can't understand a word that comes out of there mouth.
I received two calls from this number ( 201-405-0880 ) today but when I called it back I get this number is not in service. They have been calling two times a day for the past week it's a auto dialer is take a few seconds before someone starts talking . I'm getting a airhorn because we are now at war. I like that idea and it's cheaper than going to India to look for John.

CheapVehicleWrap

Have you tried "can you hear me now?", "can you f'n hear me now?" etc.

gabagoo

I tell tell them I am very interested in their service, but the other line is ringing and can I put them on hold...... I dont come back for quite some time. hehehe

Slamdunkpro

No, you may not. *click*

I'm always amazed how many people feel the need to justify or explain themselves to telemarketers, solicitors or store clerks when they ask for personal info. A ckeckout clerk asked me for my zipcode the other day and I smiled and said, "No,I decline to participate." From his reaction you'd have thought I just sucker punched him. Do your own marketing research or pay me for mine. Want my zip code/address/phone#/whatever? Pony up a couple of hundreds and we'll talk.

Si Allen

I usually say "No!" ... then there is a pause and they ask again, then I say "What part of "No!" don't you f'n understand?"

They don't call back.

iSign

The removal from the list protects you regardless of whether your a business or a personal line. Now it doesn't stop them from giving the list to another company. Just stops that one company from calling you back. We used to "sell" our "Refusal" lists to another company that was actually owned by the same owners. Just so we could keep on calling. We just all logged our hours under the sister company and kept right on calling. XYZ Telemarketing became ABC telemarketing with the same employees and address.

You can also register your business on a Do Not Call list. The FCC has a separate Do Not Call list for business lines.

resist... must resist...
ummmmmm, dammit i can't..

so, you were a telemarketer?
no wonder you have set a record around here of patience & persistence amidst near unanimous oppression :notworthy:

(meaning... back in the day... when you were new here :toasting:)

binki

We get a couple a month. I normally hang up on them but they call right back. I tell them the last person that called me was reported to the FCC and PUC and was fired and they hang up after that. We also get the walk-in sales person every 3 months or so.

We get the same thing for credit card processing. They call saying they are from 'Merchant Services'. What they don't tell you is they are not from OUR Merchant Service.

Melissam2505

I get around 3-4 a day. Do not call list did not work for my business, and I really don't have time to report all of them who don't follow the rules.

Today someone called and said I would like to speak with who is in charge of your quickbooks. I said, I dont have quickbooks. They hung up on me. I wanted to call them back and yell.

Qwest was the worst until I got pretty nasty.

visual800

Im actually amazed there are still telemarketers around. I mena who the hell actually talks to any of them. credit card machines, phone companies, unknown numbers. i always just hang up in their face, i didnt invite the call I owe them nothing esspecially the "Good day Mr Ward how how you today sir?....you can see it coming a mile away.

Hey dude get a real %^$*&^ job!

Pat Whatley

There is a credit card processing reseller here in town. I had to letter the door to their office one day and while standing there waiting for payment I wandered over to the "call center". There were 8-10 people sitting there with the white pages business listings just going straight down the list calling businesses and checking them off. Their "list" was the phone book.