• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

CheapVehicleWrap

Bondo and hot glue to expensive.

We like to use the backing paper off the wrap so we get the most bang for our buck here. Just keep folding it up till the void is semi flush.

One must be sure to reverse roll it. I've seen many hack shops expose the shiny liner thereby negating adhesion properties which result in pre-mature failure.

MikePro

o? I didn't know that you had tried with 3951RA... long OP, mid-day @ work, and I overlooked while trying to quickly read.

one of my first wrap projects, quite some years ago, failed the same way using 3551RA and jumped all over a quick reply. no hard feelings, as I kinda WAS giving you the newb treatment :) lol.
(buuuuut my heart was in the right place)

natedawg9640

ummm... you CLEAN with Rapid Tac? since when does that have ANY wax removing properties?

First off you need to strip the wax off the truck. Get yourself some good degreaser/wax remover like from summit racing... or Rapid-Remover... wash the truck down in that... THEN rapid tac... then adhesive will have a wax free surface to bond to.

make sure you post heat the area well to relax the vinyl.

natedawg9640

yeah?...and?...

They dont want you using other solvents casue they didn't sell you those solvents. then they tell you that you need to use something other than Rapid Tac if you want to remove anything more than a little dirt and dust.

FYI....from Rapid tac's site, and every one of their bottles:

Detailed Use Instructions

STEP 1. Clean surface thoroughly with Rapid Tac and a kitchen paper towel. DO NOT USE OTHER CLEANERS OR SOLVENTS. (We do recommend Rapid Prep as a pre-cleaner for surfaces that may have been exposed to wax, silicone, or other suspected contaminants)

Wraps ink

if the vinyl was worked into the wheel well area correctly it wouldnt do that PERIOD. You have to work it in there, not stretch and heat it. After you work the vinyl in the vinyl heat set it and done

Wraps ink

Also on another note if you are using (blue shop paper towels) they leave an oily residue behind and that could cause the same problem

JoshLoring

inexperience....

This.

You need to get your hand up under the media from the fender well and create slack by pulling out and up to feed into the groove without heat. (Maybe a little heat)

Basically..

Then... Post heat at 200 degrees. 3951 will work better than 3751 but both work amazing when applied right. Just post heat and spread that glue with a dry or wet glove on by running your hand back and forth.

kirkbauguess

Chevy Express van. The recess above the front and rear fenders never stick long term. Doesn't matter if you use IJ-180, it will not stick long term.

JoshLoring

Chevy Express van. The recess above the front and rear fenders never stick long term. Doesn't matter if you use IJ-180, it will not stick long term.

Eeeeeennnggg... Wrong answer. Kinda...

They will stick for years and years and years if you use Oracal and install right.

Premier Wraps

We use Avery 1005 EZRS and their 1.3 lam. I'll tent those channels all day long with no glue. Heat the area and push it in. Post heat to 200* and they'll never come up. Ever!

johnnysigns

Avery 1005 EZRS and 1360 lam worked fine for me last week. I just layed it in cold and post heated it properly afterward, no problems a week later when I saw them again.