• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

TSG

Personally, I would like to see proof from some these guys saying that it never pops out...I've seen "premium" wrap vinyls fail on much simpler curves than this, and yes even when everything was done correctly. (proper dry time, proper prep, and no stretching.) In almost 10 years of being in the business I haven't come across a vinyl that doesn't shrink. If any of you know of one let me know!

In my opinion, every one of these manufactures are telling you their vinyl can do something that it can't.

johnnysigns

I cleaned with vinegar and finished with 70% isopropyl alcohol
No primer and a smidge of heat to lay the vinyl in with 220*+ of post heat
Avery 1005EZRS w/ 1360 laminate

I can get close up pics for you.

natedawg9640

I cleaned with vinegar and finished with 70% isopropyl alcohol
No primer and a smidge of heat to lay the vinyl in with 220*+ of post heat
Avery 1005EZRS w/ 1360 laminate

I can get close up pics for you.

one more thing to consider when doing significant concave areas if you are stretching... make sure you get all the air out and you get good adhesive wet out. also... do NOT puncture the vinyl in the area (to get rid of a bubble perhaps) There is a level of "suction" if you will that if maintained, will greatly increase the life of the complex stretch. once you allow a shrink to start, it will rapidly shrink and pull away. same basic principle as a hydrostatic bond.

Premier Wraps

We cleaned the area with alcohol as well. We use 90% here. I can show you pictures all day long of how that area is still perfect with no lifting and no bubbles. We did our neighbors vans about 8 months ago. One of them has been all over the country, and even into Canada. It's still perfect. Saw it yesterday in fact.

WhiteWrapper

Dont' squeege until the vinyl is tight and then roll it in. You want to stretch as large an area of vinly as possible. Tack from as high up as possible to far edge of fender. Heat ans then roll in. Then you'll be stretching a large area of vinyl a little instead of a small area of vinyl a lot.

Wraps ink

my shop van has been wrapped for about 3 years now and it is still down ....wraps do stay when they are installed right

bayviewsignworks

We got this stuff from fellers. You use a foam brush and apply it in the contours, wait for it to set-up and then apply. Problem solved. Use in on edges too; like the wheel wells.

Zakk

Interesting. We post heated to 190* and the 1005 blistered (we did keep the heat moving and monitored the temp closely). It seemed to blister with anything over about 160*. You have never run into that with 1005?

We use Avery 1005 EZRS and their 1.3 lam. I'll tent those channels all day long with no glue. Heat the area and push it in. Post heat to 200* and they'll never come up. Ever!

Premier Wraps

Interesting. We post heated to 190* and the 1005 blistered (we did keep the heat moving and monitored the temp closely). It seemed to blister with anything over about 160*. You have never run into that with 1005?

I've seen all vinyl blister when heated to much. But at 160* and only 1005... No, haven't had it blister. And I say 200* only because it's easier on the eye to see the 1 turn to a 2 as the first digit instead of watching the second digit change. Totally preference only.

Mf

we just wrapped a few chevy vans with arlon standard vinyl the lower 35 % went into the channels no problem . it takes time working the material in the grooves we have done it with a lot of different materials no primer just skill , talent , good looks and your golden

graphics guru

i do alot of chevy express vans. use 3M CV3. with primer. start vinyl in slowly to make contact with your felt covered squeege. start at middle and work outward to either side using a 3M roller and heat gun held just ahead of the roller. this softens the vinyl memory and push the air out of the channel to the bottom of the wheel wail and out. then go back and reheat the area a couple times over the next couple hours. should help tremendously