• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Believe I Fell For This Scam!!

petepaz

Scam #2: Guessology.com has send 4 text messages so far today, the last one read "will Justin Bieber announce a boy band by 8/31. text "aagq1" for yes or aagq2 for no. I hate to just guess on such a serious matter, so i didn't think it would be right to respond. / Cost: $10 for each text THEY SEND ME!!! Plus $10 per month! and who knows what i get charged if i were to actually respond! I wouldn't be surprised if there were additional fee for guessing wrong.

i got hit with $30 last month on my daughters line, i have verizon and they said you have to text "stop" to the number they give you and then i have have to call verizon to put some sort of block on the phone...crazyness..maybe we should try to get in on this seems to be making money...haha

TheSnowman

I remember some online thing that got me once like 6 years ago. All I had to do was zap the monkey running around on my screen, and I'd win $100. I can't wait till that comes in the mail. Hopefully they adjust for inflation over the past 6 years.

iSign

Awww, Gigi... I feel for you! It makes me want to send you a new iPad just to make you smile! :smile: PM me your name, address, phone#, cell#, bank acct# and shoe size and I'll get it out to you right away! :Big Laugh

But seriously... that does suck! The only escape may be to lose the number and get a new one!

wow, check it out... Tim's gonna trade you an iPad for your phone number... and then advise you to change the number... a true masochist!

GypsyGraphics

So far so good today, no texts and no solicitors calling. But if any of it starts up again, i'll change my number. I don't want to be to hasty and change my number before getting the congratulatory phone call.

damn...
all dressed up, and no place to go... or stay ...hmmm :omg:
believe it? I think not getting "I don't believe it", put's me there already ;)

my husband has decided the safest thing for me to do is...
Not get out of bed in the morning
Not get dress up
and keep the sheets over my head.

oh sure... like i couldn't get into any trouble doing that!

Well sh_t in one hand and hold out the other for the ipad, and see which one fills up FIRST!!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :clapping:
well, i'm not gonna shit in my hand, so all i have to do is find the place i'm least wanted, put out my hand and refuse to leave till someone puts an iPad in it.
woo hoo... i win!

Awww, Gigi... I feel for you! It makes me want to send you a new iPad just to make you smile! :smile: PM me your name, address, phone#, cell#, bank acct# and shoe size and I'll get it out to you right away! :Big Laugh
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

what do i get for just my shoe size tim?

GG you need you scan your computer for spy ware and virus's now. I recommend Kaspersky, only thing i've had experience with that can remove some nasty spy ware. http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-home-trials/anti-virus

all MAC's here.... in twenty years, haven't had a single virus.

i got hit with $30 last month on my daughters line, i have verizon and they said you have to text "stop" to the number they give you and then i have have to call verizon to put some sort of block on the phone...crazyness..maybe we should try to get in on this seems to be making money...haha
pete, i read that texting "Stop" is another scam, with more charges. i'm curious to know if you see additional charges this month.

I remember some online thing that got me once like 6 years ago. All I had to do was zap the monkey running around on my screen, and I'd win $100. I can't wait till that comes in the mail. Hopefully they adjust for inflation over the past 6 years.
i'll bet that's the REAL scam, the iPad IS COMING but not for a few years, till it's a techno dinosaur. what a ruse!

Bigdawg

Just Me
my husband has decided the safest thing for me to do is...
Not get out of bed in the morning
Not get dress up
and keep the sheets over my head.

oh sure... like i couldn't get into any trouble doing that!

But he didn't say you had to stay there alone... I see all kinds of possible trouble :omg: