• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cappy Birthday

Gino doesn't have to elaborate. Gino didn't say Cappy was convicted or even accused of crimes. He said Mosh hasn't committed any crimes or back-pedaling. The only thing I said about Cappy is that he failed miserably as a member in good standing.... twice.
The same can be said for other ex-members, but why talk about that which is of no concern of ours. It was done. It was done with each and every members best interest in mind and I think we should set a precedence or standard for other new and old members by sticking to our guns.

There is only so much tolerance an administrator or owner can use when trying to keep outrageous members in check. Fred here does a marvelous job and gives everyone plenty of rope. In fact, he gives too much sometimes, because he is overly fair when it comes to free speech. He does however, have the end say in all things here at 101.

I would suggest to anyone wanting to have dialog with Cappy, S&F, Thatgirl, Roger or any other lost soles to go look them up on face book and check out their contact information and do it on your own time. Give them as much rope as you wish and go from there.

Gino. I misread your statement. Thanks for the correction.

Pat Whatley

... but I do care about the disruption and problems that Cappy seemed to generate on this site.

I care about that, too. So let's bring him back but only if we can get the "best of Maine" guy back, too!

...and Inkfish.

...and ThatGirl.

...and that other guy whose name I can't remember.

I care about that, too. So let's bring him back but only if we can get the "best of Maine" guy back, too!

...and Inkfish.

...and ThatGirl.

...and that other guy whose name I can't remember.

Selective reading... Nice... Who knows, maybe the guy is even more disruptive now! Or less..................................................................

Rodi

Stacy, I was being a jokester when I said he inherited it, just like what our President always says "I inherited this/that, blah blah blah."

I always am thankful for second and third chances that have been given to me…

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
pops_blinking.gif
While we're talking about what we can do to rehabilitate the few we've shown the door ... how about we talk about what we can do to bring back the many good members no longer among us who took the nearest door out of here for one reason or another, some of which were the carrying on of some members in the first group.

omgsideburns

He didn't inherit anything... he made an offer and bought the signs201.com name when that reinstated 101er deleted the original site...

We all make choices... and there are always consequences... I could care less about the signs201 thing... but I do care about the disruption and problems that Cappy seemed to generate on this site. Just my personal opinion and not reflective of anything else...

screw 201, there can only be one www.SIGNS666.com

iSign

happy cappy

(my local coffee shop has happy cappy hour... $1.00 double shot cappuccinos)

astro8

I don't think banning does that much good...suspending them, yes.

Put a tag under their avatar to keep reminding them...'On Probation'.

May just be me, but I find that the more outspoken, passionate, eccentric and 'trouble making' members of forums usually have the most interesting or entertaining things to say.

It would be a pretty boring and empty place if we all behaved ourselves, didn't 'debate', got along and agreed with everyone...I for one would get real bored, real quick as I don't come here for answers. I don't think I've ever posted a question.

Sure, some members can disrupt the place, making more work for the admins, but what's the worst that can happen?

I spread the word about Signs101 all the time to anyone who'll listen..their eyes usually glaze over with a "What? A bunch of borin' wankers?"..."not this place" I reply.

high impact

Fred,

You will never close the revolving door simply because of the transitions of life. People will always come and go...when you figure out how to keep people from moving on from a good thing let me know so I can apply the same techniques to my non-profit and ministry work.

tcorn1965

I have to agree with Astro, diversity makes this interesting and like a reality show, you cant help yourself. I joined signs101 because of the wide spectrum of knowledge of its members, I was joining to get what I needed to for work, only planning to jump on when I needed help. That has changed. I am on the forum daily, not only to gain some knowledge from the more experienced and help if I can, which is not often. I also enjoy the banter from the different forums, like chit chat, or just to shoot the sh*#. It makes me feel like I am apart of something special, a family. I don't know Cappy or Sergio because I signed up after them...But Mosh Cracks me up, and to be honest I look for his posts to get me through another slow day at work, as well as the comments from the other members on his posts. That by no means take away from the posts that actually helps other in the industry, but it certainly makes it entertaining!

Terry

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred,

You will never close the revolving door simply because of the transitions of life. People will always come and go...when you figure out how to keep people from moving on from a good thing let me know so I can apply the same techniques to my non-profit and ministry work.

That's understood and expected, which is why I said some of which were the carrying on of some members in the first group.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't think banning does that much good...suspending them, yes.

Put a tag under their avatar to keep reminding them...'On Probation'.

May just be me, but I find that the more outspoken, passionate, eccentric and 'trouble making' members of forums usually have the most interesting or entertaining things to say.

It would be a pretty boring and empty place if we all behaved ourselves, didn't 'debate', got along and agreed with everyone...I for one would get real bored, real quick as I don't come here for answers. I don't think I've ever posted a question.

Sure, some members can disrupt the place, making more work for the admins, but what's the worst that can happen?

I spread the word about Signs101 all the time to anyone who'll listen..their eyes usually glaze over with a "What? A bunch of borin' wankers?"..."not this place" I reply.

I have to agree with Astro, diversity makes this interesting and like a reality show, you cant help yourself. I joined signs101 because of the wide spectrum of knowledge of its members, I was joining to get what I needed to for work, only planning to jump on when I needed help. That has changed. I am on the forum daily, not only to gain some knowledge from the more experienced and help if I can, which is not often. I also enjoy the banter from the different forums, like chit chat, or just to shoot the sh*#. It makes me feel like I am apart of something special, a family. I don't know Cappy or Sergio because I signed up after them...But Mosh Cracks me up, and to be honest I look for his posts to get me through another slow day at work, as well as the comments from the other members on his posts. That by no means take away from the posts that actually helps other in the industry, but it certainly makes it entertaining!

Terry

We've actually had a very small number of banned members in our 6 1/2 years ... and most were spammers. I agree with you on entertainment value and have seen any number of disagreeable new members evolve into respected friends. I won't beat the dead horse named Cappy. Trust me, his numerous misdeeds justified his removal and it would be an insult to some members to ever allow him back on here.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Maybe we should bring back the Chiclets... :Big Laugh
When you run out you get a 2 week suspension.

tcorn1965

Fred,
Just by reading the forums and joining last month. Signs101 is a winner. I have gained so much from it, I feel like I am stealing...LOL The advice I received on the wide format 60" printer to print the positives on film for screen printing was great...and our company followed it...Especially since I am new to the sign business, and I had to recommend a printer...and my boss is less than forgiving...I was lost without signs101.

Thanks All!
Additionally, Mosh...Any advice on the 60"? LOL

We've actually had a very small number of banned members in our 6 1/2 years ... and most were spammers. I agree with you on entertainment value and have seen any number of disagreeable new members evolve into respected friends. I won't beat the dead horse named Cappy. Trust me, his numerous misdeeds justified his removal and it would be an insult to some members to ever allow him back on here.

glad to see everyone hasn't lost their minds.

weaselboogie

I was about done with this place when Sign & Frame and Cappy would ruin entire threads with their non-stop illiterate babbling on an hourly basis. And Cappy was given a second chance and a third too I think. They BOTH re-registered as new fake members and were shortly found out just because they couldn't stop NOT being themselves.... banned again.