• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clever image in the news today

CES020

Without turning this into an iPhone pro/against thread, the new iPhone is coming out soon, being announced on the 12th of this month. It's the "iPhone 5", announced on the 12th.

I did think the graphic for the invitation they sent out was clever. I had to do a double take on it to catch it. Very clean, very simple, and I thought it was kind of clever. I like the shadow detail part.

What do you think about the graphic? (no iPhone comments, please)

Attachments

• iphone_2012_media_invite.jpg
    iphone_2012_media_invite.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 71

CES020

How did you get that out of my simple statement of fact?

A little sensitive, maybe?

Because I didn't ask if anyone thought it was hype. I simply posted because I thought it was a clever graphic. Instead of commenting that it was or wasn't, or not posting at all, you picked up the same old "Apple is hype" theme.

It's really sad we can't even talk about a graphic, irregardless of who it's for.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Uh oh, you said irregardless. jk

Yes it is clever. Many times in the past, Apple faithful have picked apart their "announcement" graphics looking for hints as to what was being announced. This one is a bit more obvious

J

john1

Not sure about anyone else but i am over the "oh my gosh the new apple products are coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe cause i am getting older (still young but you know what i mean)

I have a iPad and a iPhone, They simply work smoothly vs any other platforms i have tried. Big whoop.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm the biggest Apple fan there is, but I think the image looks more like Microsoft (or Samsung) trying to copy Apple. That being said, I can't wait for it to come out as I am eligible for the discounted upgrade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about anyone else but i am over the "oh my gosh the new apple products are coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe cause i am getting older (still young but you know what i mean)

I have a iPad and a iPhone, They simply work smoothly vs any other platforms i have tried. Big whoop.

This is something which has often times really baffled me.
:Oops: Okay, the design is cute. Enough about that, now onto drama...........

• How is it, these companies year after year keep coming out with the new and improved version, when last year it was 110% the tops in it's field ?? I guess what I mean is... hasn't anyone ever made a mistake and not improved on it throughout the year, which would mean one wouldn't have to upgrade that year ??
  • Or...... what if they made some huge improvements and wouldn't have to upgrade for four years or so ??
  • How do they always manage to only invent or market a year at a time ??
  • Why must you pay for the model you have, if it's not a good version, since you KNOW, next year they're gonna make it better.... or at least appear better ??

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I think it's a clever design for sure...took me a couple seconds to see it. :)

You put your finger on it right there, Pat... I think maybe a better word is "subtle"

Clever? Maybe a bit. Original? Definitely not. Shadowing/reflecting an object with a different object has been done many times.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Does it not bother anybody that there is no shadow from the top half of the 2? The shadows just don't jive.

Had someone been REALLY creative and, dare I say REALISTIC, it could have said "I5" (with the correct typeface).

Dang....I coulda gotten like a bazillion bucks for that idea!

JB

2972renfro

Does it not bother anybody that there is no shadow from the top half of the 2? The shadows just don't jive.

Had someone been REALLY creative and, dare I say REALISTIC, it could have said "I5" (with the correct typeface).

Dang....I coulda gotten like a bazillion bucks for that idea!

JB

No, it is not supposed to be a correct shadow. How creative would it be to make it exact? The ad is not groundbreaking but rather efffective

Signed Out

looks like a kids toy. I haven't seen it on tv or in any print, but i dont watch nickelodeon or mtv anymore.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
It looks odd to me. They didn't use Myriad.

Maybe its a fake add that some "enthusiast" whipped up.

Maybe.....

2972renfro

Lots of hostility towards Apple. If you mention Android, Samsung, HTC, etc you don't get the same reactions

If apple cured cancer, ended hunger and brought world peace most would still *****

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Lots of hostility towards Apple. If you mention Android, Samsung, HTC, etc you don't get the same reactions

If apple cured cancer, ended hunger and brought world peace most would still *****

Lotsa 'IF's there. :doh:

It's easier to stay with the issue at hand, rather than go off on some tangent and look silly.