• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Company truck wrap design - Tear it apart!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not quite - not sure who you talked to but it wasn't me.

And if you guys don't stop calling me Daniel, I swear I'm leaving. :smile:

Is Dannie out of the picture, too ??

I'll just stick to Dan A, cause I can't get your last name right, no matter how hard I try.
Cripes, even when I spell it correctly, my spell check still says it's wrong.
Did you ever think that just maybe... you spelled your last name wrong ?? :wink:

John Butto

And with Dan's company having a lot of employees and with ObamaCare coming in, $10g probably is off the table Colorado.

bikecomedy

Well the Chinese has long been eaten and I'm feeling hungry. ;)

In this thread I asked about any study or research about branding(who) vs Service or Product (what)... the consensus of the group was that branding was the most important over what a company does. It was also suggested that reading Mastering Layout by Mike Stevens should be done....

Ordered the book it finally came and Mr. Stevens on page 20 goes into great detail about when it is a good idea to use the brand as the main focal point and when it is the better to use the work done by the company as the main focal point.

Knew I had read this somewhere.

So promoting the service as the focal point and then the brand does make since in some cases.

Loved all your poking fun at this idea but knew I wasn't nuts... well at least on this one..

Also appreciated the book suggestion... excellent read and a must for anyone who really wants to do this well, very well.

401 is there an update...? do we have a wrap?

401Graphics

Well the Chinese has long been eaten and I'm feeling hungry. ;)

In this thread I asked about any study or research about branding(who) vs Service or Product (what)... the consensus of the group was that branding was the most important over what a company does. It was also suggested that reading Mastering Layout by Mike Stevens should be done....

Ordered the book it finally came and Mr. Stevens on page 20 goes into great detail about when it is a good idea to use the brand as the main focal point and when it is the better to use the work done by the company as the main focal point.

Knew I had read this somewhere.

So promoting the service as the focal point and then the brand does make since in some cases.

Loved all your poking fun at this idea but knew I wasn't nuts... well at least on this one..

Also appreciated the book suggestion... excellent read and a must for anyone who really wants to do this well, very well.

401 is there an update...? do we have a wrap?
Sorry, no wrap yet. Still not sure what im going to do.

So which one is more important on a wrap, the brand or the service?

bikecomedy

The explanation in the book, Mastering Layout, as I understand it is, it depends. For smaller companies who have not yet achieved name recognition in the area then the service or product but if you are know regionally then the brand or name. Based on what I thought I knew about your company size I was going for the service or product in the design layout.

The explanation did say to make the name the second focal point of the design if you did select making the product or service primary. The design with the the flat black and carbon fiber did this. Would use the new style of the logo that was definitely best here and match it to the that version. Would also revisit the design after reading the book.. Then print it...and wrap it!