• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Complaining about attitudes on S101?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimToad

"Gosh, can't you guys just listen to yourselves once in a while ??"

Obviously, after 30,000 plus posts Gino doesn't feel any compulsion to listen to himself or reflect on any of it. He is a victim in all of this and the countless members who are acting as the canaries in the coal mine here about HIS behavior MUST be referring to someone else.

How does a person so completely opaque, devoid of self-awareness about his behavior and totally clueless about his role in these topics just keep barreling through the red lights regardless of the impact of such actions?

What can be more self-centered and self-entitled than a member with a negative history and mountain of members he's offended, insulted, personally attacked, condescended to, judged and mischaracterized in his 30,000 plus posts STILL projecting his negative behaviors upon others?

Even when the membership offers the suggestion that people ignore those who trigger him, he just keeps on plowing through to make sure he consumes the most of the oxygen in the room.

He speaks of how he confronts people he disagrees with in real life and tells it like it is. Well, if true, the corner of the bar he hangs out in must be awfully quiet because who in their right mind would want any part of such a toxic character?

This childish fixation on the "hall monitors" reporting him is ridiculous. You attack people or break the guidelines, count on being reported. If you act like a jerk in most bars, THE BARTENDER throws you out.

Read the guidelines, follow the rules, leave people alone and quit forcing your toxic negativity on the membership.

It's like dealing with a toddler.

DerbyCitySignGuy

derby, I think you generalize too much. Now, I don't have the credentials you have to make these accusations like you, but it's rather evident. You don't have much to say when you say things, but you have a high ol' time going after me. I don't mind. In fact, you're actually making it your goal. I would invite you to listen to yourself and pay special attention to the parts where you think you know everything. For the most part, you are describing yourself pretty much right down to the bone. Are you sure, you don't have a big ol' mirror all around you. You remind me of the type.

In the sentences below, look at how many times you call me names, make fun of me and tell me exactly what's wrong with me. It's astounding and you do this day in and day out and you're still just working at some shop for someone. Do they know how much time you waste arguing ??

As for the admins and whatnot..... they see exactly what's going on..... and not just with me. How would you think with your emotional outbursts towards me they couldn't see it ?? I would venture to say, you're in their scopes, too...... along with others.

As to how I would talk to you or what..... sounds like you're getting a little hostile. Is that a threat, derby ?? Your biggest ordeal is how to eat a burrito without dumping it on your trouser and the floor. Guess that's why they don't allow you around tools in that shop where you work.

Gino, you take time out of your day to harass me via PMs. I could give two squats about you. I don't like you. You're a genuinely unlikable person. What I also dislike is you making Signs101 a negative, toxic environment for people. I like this place, I've learned a lot here, and I think it CAN BE a valuable tool for new folks and experts alike. Not with people like you here though.

Second, I'm not making threats. I'm pointing out your cowardice. You act like this on the internet, because you CAN. There are no consequences, which the admins have proven time and again. You're like a two year old testing his boundaries. The more they let you get away with, the more you push the envelope.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, your fixation on my 30,000 some posts intrigues me. Would you like to know how that count got so high ?? I didn't think so. You just wanna b!tch.

Anyway, another self ordained psycho therapist. I think you're in the wrong forum. Ya'll know what makes me tick, but you admit, you can't figure me out. So, which is it ??

Do you know how many people complain about you and derby ?? No, cause they won't voice it here, as you guys go running to the admins snitching on people and trying to run people outta town on your words, not anything else. Where I go and what I do in my free time, many on this board already know how that is handled. Many members here, still stop by, stay over and we go out. Some like it and perhaps some don't. How many visitors from this forum have visited either of you ?? Guess I have a higher post count in that department, too. How is it, I have about 3 times as many "likes" as you and 4 times as derby ?? Other than you and derby, who are about the only people who hit me with "dislikes", I hardly have any of those, either.... by comparison.

Toad, just try cooling your heels and go back to work, before someone at your shop gets mad at you for wasting time on the internet.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
However derby..... you're the one who can't find his mouth to put a burrito into it without dropping it on the floor. And you claim I don't have the ability to do things.

I don't push you or anyone else. About 98% of the time, I am responding to your accusations, along with the toadsters. You guys go on this witch hunt thing and you both decided it's me to put down. I have not really gone outta my way, any more that the two of you to purposely hurt or demean someone. Perhaps their questions need to be reworded or thought out to make full thoughts, so we can help them, but other than calling out the obvious, how is that hurting, just becasue I din't sugar coat something ??

DerbyCitySignGuy

Ya know, your fixation on my 30,000 some posts intrigues me. Would you like to know how that count got so high ?? I didn't think so. You just wanna b!tch.

Anyway, another self ordained psycho therapist. I think you're in the wrong forum. Ya'll know what makes me tick, but you admit, you can't figure me out. So, which is it ??

Do you know how many people complain about you and derby ?? No, cause they won't voice it here, as you guys go running to the admins snitching on people and trying to run people outta town on your words, not anything else. Where I go and what I do in my free time, many on this board already know how that is handled. Many members here, still stop by, stay over and we go out. Some like it and perhaps some don't. How many visitors from this forum have visited either of you ?? Guess I have a higher post count in that department, too. How is it, I have about 3 times as many "likes" as you and 4 times as derby ?? Other than you and derby, who are about the only people who hit me with "dislikes", I hardly have any of those, either.... by comparison.

Toad, just try cooling your heels and go back to work, before someone at your shop gets mad at you for wasting time on the internet.

We know how it got so high: you're full of hot air and take every opportunity you get to bloviate.

The fact that you're continually proving the point that I'm trying to make by personally attacking everyone is hilarious. The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

Johnny Best

This post should have been named “Gino bashing”. From the likes and agree buttons you can see who is in who’s camp.
This is what people don’t like. The name calling and back and forth.
I realize I have been involved but it is only Friday and my ashes are still showing, probably should take a shower today and clean myself up.
Gino reminds me of Kirk Douglas fighting a one armed man in the bar so as to get arrested and thrown in jail to break his friend out. That one armed guy had a lot of dirty fighting techniques. The movie did not end well for Kirk and his horse.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The people that complain about this place tend to dump gas on the fire and then get angry when things blow up. What's the definition of insanity?

This thread wasn't meant for people to bash each other.

TimToad

i mean honestly - who cares?

I care as well. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my mentors and peers who unselfishly have shared their expertise, inspiration and professionalism and want to pay it forward.

Acknowledging the lack of good training and vocational opportunities for those entering our craft, I want this to be a positive, unintimidating experience for those seeking advice, guidance and collegiality for those who are entering our craft.

I care that great, industry leading professionals have either left or stopped contributing because of the acrimony that mostly ONE member has forced upon the entire site.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The people that complain about this place tend to dump gas on the fire and then get angry when things blow up. What's the definition of insanity?

Unfortunately, things usually never pan out the way they were intended. The best-laid plans o' mice an' men gang aft agley.

signman315

Signmaker
The general mentality is "us vs them" in today's society and Signs101 is an anecdote of that. I've learned a crap ton here, and anybody that has actually met me knows that I've dedicated a life to art/creativity, sign making an extension of that. And this site has been a great asset to my hard earned successes and I'm not without failures, but admittedly the usefulness and quality of this site has declined in the past couple years. What happened to the "we're all in this together" mentality? Was it ever there? I'm truly amazed that professional, business owners (myself included) are genuinely getting lost in the muddy waters. We all need to wipe the slate clean and start fresh, genuinely and inside ourselves forgiving past stupidity and faults of others, and if we could all actually do that I wonder where it would lead. Again Signs101 is just a microcosm of the current socio-political climate, and we are all perpetuating it to our own despair. We are more concerned with being heard and convincing people of our cause than actually solving any problems or growing/learning. I love it when I'm wrong because what is right becomes clearly evident and I don't need to figure it out some other way...the quickest way to a solution is experimenting and mistakes. Then I can move onto making other mistakes and learning from them. The trick is to not repeat the same mistakes over and over....but yet here we are, having this conversation again, and what do you know Gino is right in the thick of it. I'm seeing a pattern here ha! But I'm confident that people change whether they like it or not. So let's just keep plugging away regardless of our individual skill levels or disagreements and grow as a team. This website and this society is only as strong as it weakest link, so lift each other up or we are all going down. Just imagine that, John Lennon did and he won't be the last lol! Have a good weekend!

WildWestDesigns

I have to wonder what you exactly intended this thread to do? You already observed that discussions like this leads to pages and pages of posts. I don't think this group is into holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" (even if it's just done digitally). So I don't think you intended people to do that for pages on pages by making this post.

I don't put people on ignore (although I have toyed with it for some users, some that are probably easy to guess, some might be surprised), but I'm not into any type of silencing an opinion (even if it's just on my end), just because I don't like it. What gets me going is when posts deviate into fallacy territory (not so much deviating off topic in general, that happens in normal conversation).

However, the flip side of that is that once you put your opinion out there, you are opening it up to being picked apart and some thoughts that you may not like might be expressed. For those that believe in "telling it like it is", should be embracing this. I do enjoy a good debate/discussion (maybe a little too much), but if properly done, we all learn from it (providing we all do it with an open mind).

Now, some people have stated that they believe this "I say/do what I want, because I can and I want to". Quite frankly, that's pretty telling. Part of growing up is having some filters, or does one believe on acting on every impulse because you can and you want to?

I know I'm getting dangerously close (if not already passed, depending on who you talk to) on psycho analyzing based on internet postings. Unfortunately, making judgment calls based on what/how someone posts is about the only way to shift through quality posts from the rut. Why should someone care about that, well if you actually want to try to help someone (and not just doing this for entertainment purposes), if one is known for generating a lot of static (even if it's sprinkled with good nuggets of info) tend to be ignored. Especially if one employs the ignore function (my main reason for not using ignore) and that post doesn't get read at all.

Now granted, entertainment is a valid reason to enjoy this site, but I'm not sure other's entertainment should be sacrificed for more ego stroking on for someone else. But that's just me.

Being on the internet or not, people are people and they will react more often then not in the same way. Because of how things are communicated (or lack thereof) via electronically, that adds an extra dimension of things being misconstrued.

To me, if one wants to be apart of a community, it can't always be about yourself. If one lacks the ability to place the necessary filters to do so, either re-evaulate on if being apart of a community is the best thing for you or accept what comes your way if you still do it. Total free for alls, while some may like that, do come with their failings.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I don't put people on ignore (although I have toyed with it for some users, some that are probably easy to guess, some might be surprised), but I'm not into any type of silencing an opinion (even if it's just on my end), just because I don't like it. What gets me going is when posts deviate into fallacy territory (not so much deviating off topic in general, that happens in normal conversation).

I'd be surprised if I haven't been ignored by some members. I know that Gino and I are two sides of the same coin. I am what I am and as long as there are folks that want to try to belittle and denigrate others, I'm not going to be able to keep my mouth shut. I also think you're mostly correct about the way people handle themselves here versus "real life", but some people refuse to make any concessions and double down on their behavior. It's maddening.

TimToad

If you are sick and tired of certain posts, just don't answer. If enough people don't answer, I would imagine that the OPs would move on.

It isn't so easy to do that when the main antagonists keep dragging people into their drama. I've had my wife dumped on, my past, my skills, experience, business acumen, political views, ethical values, every detail of my public exposure here, memorized and mocked, insulted, criticized, questioned, ridiculed, etc. Anything shared here seems to be open to being added to the Gino dossier and used at a later date. When it comes to dragging up stuff about another poster, the dude's memory is incredible.

He talks about challenging people at a bar if they disagree with him to his face, and people seem to think that is an acceptable attitude to take here on a professional website?

You can put someone on ignore, but it's obvious that isn't enough to get Gino and a few others to do the same and NOT pipe in every time you post something, even if it isn't directed at or intended for them.

Or have him NOT harass somebody via PM's. I've heard from multiple members that they've been harassed via PM's by a few of the primary antagonists we're talking about here.

The problem is that HE never just moves on regardless of if it's his thread or not. Why should an OP asking a legitimate question or seeking help move on just because one person can't just provide an unemotional, nonloaded answer without the judgements, condescension, insults, etc.?

If there was a pledge or agreement to abide by when joining that if someone has you on ignore, you respect that and just ignore them back, the site could eliminate 99% of the BS.

Look at what we're supposed to accept as "normal" by the two most antagonistic members. Any votes on a post are to be politicized and categorized as reflexive and not based on someone agreeing or disagreeing with a post. They do the same exact thing, but think anyone who gives them a thumbs down on something is part of a conspiracy to foment disruption. Posting photos of your work is now, regardless of context or as a way to illustrate a point is someone showing off and trying to hijack a thread. So, what has happened? Fewer and fewer members post any work examples. So a site where people feel liberated and empowered enough to share a project they are proud of has been throttled down to discourage such actions because ONE person misinterprets anything he disagrees with.

Johnny Best

gallows.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It isn't so easy to do that when the main antagonists keep dragging people into their drama. I've had my wife dumped on, my past, my skills, experience, business acumen, political views, ethical values, every detail of my public exposure here, memorized and mocked, insulted, criticized, questioned, ridiculed, etc. Anything shared here seems to be open to being added to the Gino dossier and used at a later date. When it comes to dragging up stuff about another poster, the dude's memory is incredible.

He talks about challenging people at a bar if they disagree with him to his face, and people seem to think that is an acceptable attitude to take here on a professional website?

You can put someone on ignore, but it's obvious that isn't enough to get Gino and a few others to do the same and NOT pipe in every time you post something, even if it isn't directed at or intended for them.

Or have him NOT harass somebody via PM's. I've heard from multiple members that they've been harassed via PM's by a few of the primary antagonists we're talking about here.

The problem is that HE never just moves on regardless of if it's his thread or not. Why should an OP asking a legitimate question or seeking help move on just because one person can't just provide an unemotional, nonloaded answer without the judgements, condescension, insults, etc.?

If there was a pledge or agreement to abide by when joining that if someone has you on ignore, you respect that and just ignore them back, the site could eliminate 99% of the BS.

Look at what we're supposed to accept as "normal" by the two most antagonistic members. Any votes on a post are to be politicized and categorized as reflexive and not based on someone agreeing or disagreeing with a post. They do the same exact thing, but think anyone who gives them a thumbs down on something is part of a conspiracy to foment disruption. Posting photos of your work is now, regardless of context or as a way to illustrate a point is someone showing off and trying to hijack a thread. So, what has happened? Fewer and fewer members post any work examples. So a site where people feel liberated and empowered enough to share a project they are proud of has been throttled down to discourage such actions because ONE person misinterprets anything he disagrees with.

Ya know toad, get your facts straight and stop putting words in my mouth. You and the derby are everything you two are b!tching about. All you do is one of you plays tag with the other and says some outrageous made up facts and you think I'm supposed to defend myself against your stupid garbage ?? Then, the other comes out and adds more fuel to the flames. Its like watching Beavis and Butt-Head, but on a much lower pay scale.

Also, I never made fun of your wife or skill levels, quite the opposite, but you seem to forget what I say by substituting what you wanna hear..... or think you hear.

You're the one who keeps coming back with employee problems, then customer problems, then employee needs or wishes and don't seem to have any answers for yourself.... then all of your countless jobs, before you landed this little business going out-a-business and you yanked it from the ashes. but you wanna tell everyone else how to run the world.

Give me a break..... :doh: at least for 5 minutes. It's hard to keep up with your bumfuzzle.​

Last edited:

HulkSmash

I always believe in - choosing your battles. Having thousands of people come together like this will always have bashing personalities. There's no changing that. And i don't want to change people. People have to have thick skin.

2B

I always believe in - choosing your battles. Having thousands of people come together like this will always have bashing personalities. There's no changing that. And i don't want to change people. People have to have thick skin.

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!

This thread has digressed enough.

Please remember that this forum is only as positive OR negative as the contributors.
We (members) can either "try" and act civil or turn it into a "he said, she said, they said" poop slinging fest

Thank you for your time and PLEASE ENJOY YOUR DAY!
:toasting:

• Agree
Reactions: Bly
Status
Not open for further replies.