• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Completely New and I just bought a vinyl plotter!

CheapVehicleWrap

I'm outside right now smoking a butt. Sign warehouse ALL the way! Their support is AWESOME! Trust me, I've spend HOURS on the phone with them. Please do not hesitate to call 1-800-699-5512 with ANY little problem you may have (even with your computers). They've been SO helpful and I've spent over 80k with them over the last 15+ years. Do not waste ANY of your time. IMMEDIATELY when something isn't working just call the 800 # they will help you. Such a GREAT resource and company. I can not recommend their support more than ANY other company on this planet. Your purchase will make all the signs you need for your company. If you have a REAL problem and need a sign by a deadline they will fly a support representative out to your location for FREE. You'll just need to buy them breakfast or lunch...not even a dinner. And the knowledge, is unbelievable. You definitely went with the right company. Don't second guess your purchase asking post purchase. You made the RIGHT choice and don't hesitate to call even with the smallest of problems. Your time is worth money and you've made the investment. About illustator is the best too!

Last edited:

cdiesel

Why would any reputable wholesale supplier sell their wares on ebay, where most purchasers aren't resellers--they're end users. And why would anybody buy anything from a company that would directly market themselves to end users?
Oh, that's right.. you're an end user. :Oops: again

GypsyGraphics

I own a business and i make a lot of signs for internal use, will it be good for that?
Also can I use about illustator as my design program? or what do you recommend?

Will this program, FlexiSign Vinyl Express LXi Apprentice Software allow me to do a lot of cool designs?

what kind of business do you own and how are you currently making signs?

i design an cut straight from illustrator (graphtec and cutting master)

sorry i can't offer any advice on the cutter, i don't use flexi and all the signs i make are for external use. :tongue:

but welcome

CheapVehicleWrap

cdiesel, come on man.. give the dude a break. Sign Warehouse RULES and you know it. So be it our secret is out. Nobody else has the support they have. Heck, I called once and spend an hour and a half with them only to find out my mouse battery was dead (how was I to know). But they SAVED the day! And I was able to get all 4 2"x3" stickers to a brand new client and make them happy. That's what I call SERVICE!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I own a business and i make a lot of signs for internal use, will it be good for that?

I call you attention to our membership criteria. Was there something about this notice that was constantly in front of you as an unregistered visitor that wasn't clear?

Notices
Welcome to Signs 101! We are a community of professional sign makers and others interested in our craft. If you are, once were, or want to be a professional sign maker, we invite you to join us. If you are a supplier to our craft, a teacher or student interested in the craft, or a member of a related craft, trade or profession, we also invite you to join us. Registering will allow you to post, view images and search our archives.

If you are making or are seeking to make signs and graphic products for your own needs, you have entered a community where you are not welcome. Please do not attempt to register.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Burned by the Weiss!

Hi, I just bought this,
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-44-SignMaker...t_10787wt_1139
Is it any good?
Also can I use about illustator as my design program? or what do you recommend?

Will this program, FlexiSign Vinyl Express LXi Apprentice Software allow me to do a lot of cool designs?

That plotter is most likely a Master plotter. decent beginners work horse, loud as sin ... have to baby it at times. not worth the money when for $2k-4k you can get a plotter that has is about the equivalent of a mustang vs a yugo p.o.s.
as for design programs ... software does not a designer make.

GypsyGraphics

but but... i wanted to hear about the internal signs!
how was he making them and how on earth does he get them inside????

and now i'll never know :(

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So why was his membership approved?

Because he stated that his sign industry status is: "I have no experience but would like to earn all or part of my living creating and/or selling signs."

But is opening statement is somewhat in conflict with that, so I have posted my conclusion based on that opening statement and he has only another minute or so to clarify and convince me that my conclusion is not correct after which he will be removed.

bensmeding

Because he stated that his sign industry status is: "I have no experience but would like to earn all or part of my living creating and/or selling signs."

But is opening statement is somewhat in conflict with that, so I have posted my conclusion based on that opening statement and he has only another minute or so to clarify and convince me that my conclusion is not correct after which he will be removed.

Do you want me to get on my knees and start begging? If you don't want me to feel welcome, i can leave for yall.... I just wanted some advice on making signs cause my uncles sells signs in states away and he makes bank in this slow economy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
well I actually had a plan hoping to sell to the public too, since I have it, minus well use it to make money.

So, if I understand you correctly, you have no experience and since you buy a lot of signs, buying a vinyl cutting plotter for $339.95 plus $59.95 shipping seemed like a good idea and now you would like the professional sign community to lend you a hand at turning you idea into some cool designs etc.? And if anybody wants to buy some signs from you, that would be cool too?

What is your primary work that makes you your living?