• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Construction site sign

majordog

I usually use 1/2 inch MDO and ask if they want me to install it at $85/hour ... or do they want to have their laborers install it?

99% of the time they have their laborers plant 2 4X4s and nail it on with double headed concrete form nails. (Makes it easier to pull the nails and use the sign as a wheel barrow ramp ... a couple of months later.)

I always wondered who made wheel barrow ramps.......:ROFLMAO:

majordog

I usually use 1/2 inch MDO and ask if they want me to install it at $85/hour ... or do they want to have their laborers install it?

99% of the time they have their laborers plant 2 4X4s and nail it on with double headed concrete form nails. (Makes it easier to pull the nails and use the sign as a wheel barrow ramp ... a couple of months later.)

I always wondered who made wheel barrow ramps.......:ROFLMAO:

OhioSignShop

"would use 10' 4"x4" post and set 3' into the ground leaving it 7' to top of sign." is about right.
We have done a lot of these too and for only one 4x8 ( horizontal I assume) panel you could get by with 2, 10' 4x4 posts and maybe a stringer or two. Unless you are WAY out in the boonies you have a sign code to deal with. Codes limit where you can install, who can install (need a license) how long you can keep it up, ROW setbacks, how high it can be, the size and (in some places around here) limits on how many colors and typefaces you can use.. You will need a permit.

OhioSignShop

4x8 site sign frame options

Variations on the site sign. "V" style and Vert with two 4x4x12

Attachments

• STATE STREET SIGN TEMP.jpg
    STATE STREET SIGN TEMP.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 4X8 SF VERT.jpg
    4X8 SF VERT.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 97
  • V FRAME.jpg
    V FRAME.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 93

Wes Phifer

Can't see it for the grass but I have built a few. I gave them steel stakes that would hold it down but they used the blocks.

Attachments

• DSC01741 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01741 (Medium).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 100