Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest/Design Off Idea

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by Joe Diaz, Dec 12, 2008.

1. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    nah... I'll wait. Seeing as you are waiting too... rules are a good thing.

(I might make an unofficial entry though :wink:)

2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    How about two more? I want in too....if you don't let me in I'm gonna pitch a fit and leave. Cappy'll take me in. Or I'll just sit in the back with Doug and heckle the people who entered.

Can I make a voting suggestion? I think there should be a run-off among the top three or four or five. There always ends up being one or two votes for 90% of the entries because people vote for themselves (naturally). I say open voting for a week or so to narrow it down, then vote again for a winner. Just a suggestion...since I'm not in charge of the voting it won't make more work for me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    I'm in favor of this...

4. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Sure we can do this. The top 5 will move on to another poll and we will vote again after the Christma... * ahem* I mean the holiday season:ROFLMAO:.

Does anyone object?

5. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    To "Holiday Season"? Yeah, I object.

6. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Why limit the amount of entries anyway? I wanted to play too. :(

7. Joe Diaz

Because I'm lazy, and it's easier to organize a contest of 20 rather then 50 or so. You can be in the next contest with me, isign and pat.:clapping:

8. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    I'd go in the next one.

George

9. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Woo Hoo! Welcome to the leftovers! We're gonna go start our own contest....Design Contest 201. HA!

10. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Oh good...I get to be in a design contest with Joe Diaz. That's comforting. :)

(that's a compliment BTW)

11. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Oh, like you've got anything to worry about! BTW, lovin' the shirts! I heard Jen pesters you a lot, hope she's not annoying you?

12. Nice...Wish I had the same interest when I needed help designing a logo for our Purple Heart Vets. Priorities, I guess. Have fun all.

13. Stevo

Stevo Active Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I'm in!
    Now I gotta find those fonts and infect my font folder with 'em.

Stevo

14. ericmitchell29

ericmitchell29 Active Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Maine
    Just an update for you all,
    I'll be extending my font special for a bit longer, it seems there isn't as much interest as I initially thought.

I wish I would have known this before I bought that new Harley out in my garage today.

Sheesh.

15. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Well, you have to realize that the level of interest here is inversely proportional to the level of pressure & that would be pretty low, meaning a spoof contest to make something that needs to appeal to no one, using decidedly humorous parameters... that is so much NOT like work, that the level of interest is high & the pressure is low.

You have elected to climb the uphill battle of establishing a new charitable foundation, at a time when even the most noble of causes has to realize that the concept of charitable organizations has suffered some reputational blows this decade. This is not at all implying anything other than selfless volunteer service from you... but you have chosen a path that will require a lot of hard work. It is honorable of you to choose that, but folks here are often here as an escape from their work day. We all have made our own choices regarding charitable donations or service.

I think it will be a disservice to yourself & all the good that will come from your project if you harbor a negative feeling when people choose not to give.

16. Joe Diaz

True dat.

Sorry to hear about that Sign-man. I must have passed over your thread. I do apologize. If it's not too late, is there anything I can help you with. send me a pm. Maybe I can help you out this weekend.

But I think Doug hit the nail on the head here. I just wanted to create something fun for us as a community to be apart of. I wasn't aware of your contest, I hope I didn't steal any wind behind your cause.

17. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Not at all! She's a very easy to deal with customer. Sounds like a good employee :)

18. futuredcon

futuredcon Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Very funny post , made me laugh.

19. TonyHoles

TonyHoles Active Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I will admit it that if the title of the post doesn't catch my eye as I quickly skem the new posts I end up missing it. I wish I had the time to read all of the post here.

I am always willing to help others with a design or to just give a different point of view. Sorry I missed that post but glad I found this one because I can certainly see some funny chit coming from this contest in the near future.

20. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Put me down for next time please!