• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contours in X5

Colin

But just for clarification when I say add a fillet to your lettering, it could be .00001" if you wanted. You wouldn't see it with your naked eye on the lettering but your contours corners would be rounded.

Ya, that seems to work pretty good. On a 3" letter, a .001 radius seemed to be about right.

Giddee Up!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't really like the Contour and Convert Outline to Object effects in CorelDRAW. The results can be pretty buggy when the artwork is taken into other programs like Adobe Illustrator or Flexi. Sometimes certain curved points will import as straight lines or other strange stuff.

I prefer the Offset Path effect in Adobe Illustrator. It produces cleaner, more precise results. You can choose Miter, Rounded or Beveled corners. It's a "live" effect you can adjust until you expand it and make the results permanent. Plus there's not a bunch of interior objects to break apart and delete like you have to do with Corel's Convert Outline to Object effect or expanding a stroke in Illustrator.