• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5

Air Art Girl

Damn. I'm obsolete already. I just got X4. It has a few bugs in it too. The bevel thingy is a bit weird at times. Hasn't crashed yet though. It's also pretty fast on my old machine....no change from 12. Auto save is a bit slow but I sometimes forget to save so I leave it on.

Well, I love Corel but I'm still on X3. Will wait to see how the reports go on X5.

Techman

Most crashes on some machines are caused by a third party add-on.

You purchase a name brand software and suddenly it crashes a ton while others see no problems. This X5 is a classic case.

A third party nvida add on is causing some problems for a few. Nvidia had a challenge with this for a very long time.

Brilliant Grafix

undo levels

...99 undo's are too high. uses up way too much memory and then you crash. The way undo works is that there is an exact copy of your graphic stored in memory of every step you take. It will not take long to fill it up.
Reduce the undo to around 20 and Corel will not crash any more..

Turns out X5 has set the undo levels to 20 by default

MichaelAlmand

This X5 is a complete disappoint as far as the crashing goes I can not work in it with out it crashing, I have a state of the art PC and this program is way to stable waste of money.