• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CORELDraw X4 is here!!!!!!

SuperSignsMP

I started in sign wizard, then omega, then corel 9,11,12,and x3. Kind of like shovel's boss, my boss will pay for anything I need as long as it is new and shiny. Maybe I can get an old version of X3 at home now and upgrade from 12!!!!!!!!

Service Sign Co

That's why I am excited, I upgraded from 10(which has since been shelved) and won't need 10 to install 14 or recognize previous Corel products on install.Only a S/N if prompted, and can legally add a workstation and still use 12 which has plenty of capabilities. Thanks to Shovelhead for keeping up with all this new stuff:cool1:

ShawnLVESP

Figures whenever I buy something a better something comes out.

I buy CS2 and CS3 comes out a few months later.

I buy X3 and a few months later X4 comes out.

I buy a Laptop that is pretty kick butt and very shortly after intel is only going to sell Dual Cores or better.

Dang! I just can't win.

javila

Shovelhead, how does the "dvds with tutorials" work if you're downloaing the upgrade, your download is just bigger or..?

Craig Sjoquist

wow way cool .. to answer well if ya need those new features yes whats $200 upgrade ...
I did that for X3 got a download upgrade from #8 and wow
still got along way to learn on X3 here ..personaly I'll wait and get full box version of X5

git r dun

lbumbaca

i have a CX-300 and i cut from corel X3.....
SIMPLE TO DO....

Was trying again last night still learning x3. I got the driver in and turned off color mangment. Thats as far as i got last night. Whats the next step or tip. I Think ill call tech support and get the run down. Or i have not had time to search on here yet been bussy running the plotter. Thank you old paint.

OldPaint

Was trying again last night still learning x3. I got the driver in and turned off color mangment. Thats as far as i got last night. Whats the next step or tip. I Think ill call tech support and get the run down. Or i have not had time to search on here yet been bussy running the plotter. Thank you old paint.
you need to get the driver from www.rolanddg.com its do27290j.exe load it, set up as default printer, and set page in corel to landscape and you should have a page that is a long regtangle. what ever you put on the page MUST HAVE A HAIRLINE or the plotter cant find it.
hit print preview, make sure object is on the page, then say print page.......AND MIKE AT SUPER SIGNS.....i have had every version of corel since 3.......and i have never JUMPED IN AND CHANGED to newer version UNTIL they came out with 1ST UPDATE...3 and 4 were solid, 5 & 6 was junk, 7 was the last of the true COREL ONLY...8 & 9 had how many fixes? 10 had 2, then it was a solid program, i stayed with it till X3 HAD THE 1ST UPDATE....then bought it....i use this program for my livelyhood, i dont have time to FIX OR ALERT THE MANFACTURE OF THE PROBLEMS with the lastest release.
back in the DOS days and 386's i had a computer programer tell me...ALWAYS STAY 1 VERSION BEHIND the lastest release.....and you wont have any down time.

Techman

I was one of the first to get X3. I was using it and getting used to its nice features while others were holding back and dreaming about getting it. I hardly noticed a need for a service pack.

Goatboy

I did the beta (and still am for the most part) and found X4 to be very stabile and the new features while not mind blowing are very nice. Live text edit is nice but needs refined since you have to stuff your layout left to see it around the drop down. Concept share is in our future as a company simply since we can basically live conference with clients. The filters are the primary reason I upgrade usually...CS3 files have been an annoyance so those filters are huge. PP users will see big things in color and image adjustments. If your pre-X3 by all means jump on it ...X3 users wont notice a huge jump in the software that you saw when you first loaded X3.

Attachments

• sc X4.jpg
    sc X4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Shovelhead

THE most feature that I want to see is having scaling revert
back to the scale of a specific page on a multiple page drawing...
instead of having to "break apart" each scale.