• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cost of Funerals!!!

SignosaurusRex

Damn you Sky, I thought I had such a simple issue all figured out. Now I gotta regroup and reconsider!..........oh to hell with it. I'll be dead and won't give a crap anyways.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Well I'll share seeing how the thread is going. And please Sir (Arlo) I mean no disrespect. I don't pretend to know you but feel for your loss.

It is in my will to have a half barrel at the base of the casket and my carcass holding a stack of black plastic cups (big ones). No one is to be permitted entrance with a tie or dress slacks....period. Don't care if its classy, don't care what anyone thinks. If the funeral home won't do it then show me at the house like in the old days.

Just hoping to set the tone, celebrate how great the ride was..............

signage

Don't forget to ask your waitress for a lobster bib Brian. :rolleyes: Attached Thumbnails
'

Don't you mean like this:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• skyhigh.jpg
    skyhigh.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 80

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto on the high costs. Can't afford to live, can't afford to die. What's a person to do?

I once was a sales rep. for a monument company, and I finally quit due to the unethical sales practices that were required of me. I couldn't stand the very idea of putting pressure on grieving families.

I started my own monument operation and have absolutely shunned the practice of calling on families in their time of distress. Even when I've been given "leads", I wait for them to call me...or not, if they so choose. They must make the first move.

We live in a very economically depressed region and I've been offering natural boulder memorials as an alternative, and they've been very well received.

Many of the stones we've done were special to the family...either from their farm, or had other significance. I have a set of six memorials to do that will be made from the stones their grand-dad skidded across the section with a team of horses in the late 1800's, split by hand and then built into a barn foundation. Now that the barn has been torn down, the stones will be given new life as memorials for family members.

Much of the so called "death care" industry is a total racket from the word go. I intend to fight the tide and bring back the dignity of serving families.

JB