• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Covid Sick Time?

victor bogdanov

Interesting results from a study.

I'm ready for my 4th jab. Keep them coming if they keep me out of hospital.
From the study:

"Approximately one half of U.S. adults have a major chronic disease that increases their risk for severe COVID-19 (5). Even after primary vaccination, a significant proportion of the population might remain at risk and require additional strategies to prevent severe COVID-19 outcomes."

2 years into this thing, how many people have made a lifestyle change to be healthier when it is known that obesity is a leading risk factor, vaccinated or not.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh, stick a fork in it. This thread is done. None of ya know how to discuss or debate things. Y'all just argue back & forth like a buncha 3rd graders. Ya can't see it, but you can almost hear the next guy yelling louder than the last poster. And on from there. No one makes any sense and no one's gonna change anyone's mind........ so give up and just live with it. It's here and it's here to stay. Like it or lump it. Some things......... never change.

victor bogdanov

Ahhh, stick a fork in it. This thread is done. None of ya know how to discuss or debate things. Y'all just argue back & forth like a buncha 3rd graders. Ya can't see it, but you can almost hear the next guy yelling louder than the last poster. And on from there. No one makes any sense and no one's gonna change anyone's mind........ so give up and just live with it. It's here and it's here to stay. Like it or lump it. Some things......... never change.
kind of like the supreme court OSHA mandate hearings going on now

netsol

Check with DOL regarding FMLA for Covid.

As far as abusing "Covid leave" that's a real issue.
Here is a "hypothetical": Unless it was convenient to go to class many students claimed they had Covid/close contact and stopped showing up. These same students also claimed they couldn't get a Covid test for at least a week. Yeah right, around here you can't trip and fall without ending up in the doorway of a testing center. Then they asked for accommodations so they didn't fail. This put an extra burden on staff having to rearrange their time off to help them catch up.

In my neck of the woods at minimum you need to show the test results. If you had covid you need to show a negative test and see a doctor to get a note from them before returning to
kind of like the supreme court OSHA mandate hearings going on now
Victor, we have done EVERYTHING WRONG since this whole thing started. It's funny for me to say this but the a***oles on both sides of the aisle are just jockeying for political position (and normally no one is more political than me!)

I don't think it is possible now to turn this down to a simmer, and i don't think anybody wants to
There have been dozens of wrong decisions and over reactions. HOPEFULLY the next variant will be more transmissible and harmless (the end of a virus for all practical purposes) and then our problem. Will be making the political opportunists on both sides go away, never to be heard from again

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
It's unbelievable how divisive we've all become. We are all sign shop owners/employees. We were brought together through a forum so that we could talk shop and discuss what's happening in our neck of the woods. I was just put in facebook jail because I told someone she was trash. Yes, I am guilty of the divisiveness too. I have a degree in psychology, enough hours in sociology to have a minor and 18 hours in American History. I taught math and history for 15 years prior to getting into the sign making business. I haven't regretted a day of it.
I TAUGHT how to read misleading graphs and I taught what propaganda is. We are being given straight propaganda. Mark Zuckerberg has admitted that fact checkers aren't fact checkers, they are providing opinions. He made that disclaimer so that he and his fact checkers wouldn't get sued for defamation.
The government is piling the lies on top of each other so high that there is no longer any truth coming out.
Australia is being oppressed and they have sent out an SOS to the world asking for help from their tyrannical government. Christine Anderson, a german politician has answered the call. This virus and vaccine isn't about public health and keeping people safe. It's about control.

I keep seeing this same joke: If it's a conspiracy theory now, just wait, it will be true shortly.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It's unbelievable how divisive we've all become. We are all sign shop owners/employees. We were brought together through a forum so that we could talk shop and discuss what's happening in our neck of the woods. I was just put in facebook jail because I told someone she was trash. Yes, I am guilty of the divisiveness too. I have a degree in psychology, enough hours in sociology to have a minor and 18 hours in American History. I taught math and history for 15 years prior to getting into the sign making business. I haven't regretted a day of it.
I TAUGHT how to read misleading graphs and I taught what propaganda is. We are being given straight propaganda. Mark Zuckerberg has admitted that fact checkers aren't fact checkers, they are providing opinions. He made that disclaimer so that he and his fact checkers wouldn't get sued for defamation.
The government is piling the lies on top of each other so high that there is no longer any truth coming out.
Australia is being oppressed and they have sent out an SOS to the world asking for help from their tyrannical government. Christine Anderson, a german politician has answered the call. This virus and vaccine isn't about public health and keeping people safe. It's about control.

I keep seeing this same joke: If it's a conspiracy theory now, just wait, it will be true shortly.
Everyone complains about the divisiveness and then continue on with divisive comments. The problem isn't with people having differing opinions, the problem is that too many people put themselves on a pedestal and act as if they are the smartest thing walking the earth. You can't even have rational conversations with people anymore, I am right, you are dumb and wrong is usually how both parties walk away from it.

BigNate

If you know anyone that vapes, ask them to take a big hit, mask up and blow it out. See with your own eyes
... not to jump on the main argument, things these days are too wonky and hatefull... but from a strictly observational point about the vaping example - Have a friend take a vape hit and blow it across the room without a mask and see how far the could travels, then have them do the same thing through a mask... How far does the cloud go? My limited scientific understanding of the cloth mask is that it greatly reduces the radius of dispersed respiratory particles around the person wearing the mask (even visible in the picture - the 'smoke' is staying around your face.).... so I claim B.S. on the 'vape test' proving that the mask does no good - it does however point to how ignorant to science most people in the world are - especially that people still think the mask is supposed to filter out all the potentially infectious material being exhaled. Masks have mare than one mechanism of functionality.

Notarealsignguy

... not to jump on the main argument, things these days are too wonky and hatefull... but from a strictly observational point about the vaping example - Have a friend take a vape hit and blow it across the room without a mask and see how far the could travels, then have them do the same thing through a mask... How far does the cloud go? My limited scientific understanding of the cloth mask is that it greatly reduces the radius of dispersed respiratory particles around the person wearing the mask (even visible in the picture - the 'smoke' is staying around your face.).... so I claim B.S. on the 'vape test' proving that the mask does no good - it does however point to how ignorant to science most people in the world are - especially that people still think the mask is supposed to filter out all the potentially infectious material being exhaled. Masks have mare than one mechanism of functionality.
The thing with masks is that they work, they have an intended function which depends on the type and task at hand. For medical use, generally an N95 is sufficient for about everything. The whole mask arguing to me is stupid. People are arguing about a product, one that has been around for decades and undergoes thorough testing and quality control, saying that it does not serve it's intended purpose. Why can't people simply say, I'm not fucking wearing it, I don't want to, I don't like it, I ain't doing it? There's not much arguing with that. Why insist on embracing nonsense to justify what you want or don't want to do?
When my wife wants me to dress up and put on a tie I just say, NOPE. I don't scour the internet looking for off the wall ideas so I can tell her it can cut off my blood supply to my head or that it could suffocate me. I'm an adult, I'm not wearing it. If a place says that I have to wear one then I simply don't go or I put it on out of respect for the person that required it, like at a wedding. Easy, I don't understand how we got to here.
If anyone cares at this point, I have decided to stick to the 3 day sick time. I'm not going to tell any of my employees that they have to get vaccinated, that is their choice. If they want to but can't come to work the day after they get it I will give them the day off and not gig them for the sick day. Problem solved.

victor bogdanov

What do you think would happen if you are walking and blowing the vape out through the mask and someone is following you the magical 6ft behind? they will walk right through your vape cloud you leave behind

CanuckSigns

Everyone complains about the divisiveness and then continue on with divisive comments. The problem isn't with people having differing opinions, the problem is that too many people put themselves on a pedestal and act as if they are the smartest thing walking the earth. You can't even have rational conversations with people anymore, I am right, you are dumb and wrong is usually how both parties walk away from it.
This is a direct result of social media taking over everyone's lives, it's a blight on society and serves no real positive purpose. When you post your lunch on Instagram and get 100+ people liking it, it gives you the false impression that you are important, then you think people also care what you think, it's a vicious cycle.

Notarealsignguy

This is a direct result of social media taking over everyone's lives, it's a blight on society and serves no real positive purpose. When you post your lunch on Instagram and get 100+ people liking it, it gives you the false impression that you are important, then you think people also care what you think, it's a vicious cycle.
That little "like" button on social media, including here, is worth more than the "$"
Might explain a bit about work ethic being so terrible today. Priorities are not the same now.

victor bogdanov

New CDC guidelines:

"These guidelines allow COVID-19 positive health care personnel who are asymptomatic or improving with mild symptoms to work without a quarantine period."

If hospital workers can work with symptomatic covid then a sign shop worker can too.

healthy unvaxxed nurses getting fired, symptomatic vaxxed nurses allowed to work. Can't make this stuff up

ikarasu

New CDC guidelines:

"These guidelines allow COVID-19 positive health care personnel who are asymptomatic or improving with mild symptoms to work without a quarantine period."

If hospital workers can work with symptomatic covid then a sign shop worker can too.

healthy unvaxxed nurses getting fired, symptomatic vaxxed nurses allowed to work. Can't make this stuff up
I dont believe workers should get fired for being unvaxed, especially if you're in such a shortage you're allowing workers to come in with the actual disease.

But you have to be realistic. A shortage on healthcare workers is more important than a shortage in a sign company. If 50% of the nurses are out sick (Or fired because theyre unvaxed) And people are dying over it, it makes sense to have people who are recovering come back. (Non vaccinated should be back to).

If half of your employees get covid and your production goes down... joe blow down the street wont get his yard sign in time for his sale. Pretty big difference as to why/when someone should be allowed to work when sick!

Heck... we dont allow people to work when they have a runny nose / a cold even before covid... Why risk one person getting half the shop sick and killing the shops productivity even more? Some stuff you have to use common sense with... Conspiracy theory or not, flu or not, you have to see theres a difference between a hospital staff shortage and a sign shop shortage.