• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craigslist - Your Opinion

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just another view, that's all. In other words another storyline. If I cannot make a constructive criticism of a poor looking picture to sell your picture, so you can sell your cutter, should I have just said...... hey Fred, next time, use your other hand to make a sale ?? Would that have been a better approach ??

Sheesh, a discussion over a dirty looking hand and you go postal.

Okay, here...........

Fred, on your next picture, you might wanna wash your hands, first.
Fred, on your next picture you might wanna wear a glove.
Fred, on your next picture, you might wanna use someone else's hand.
Fred, on your next picture, you might not wanna use your hands at all.

Is that a more PC approach ?? It won't upset you or get your brain wandering about up there. I don't wanna mess with your brainwaves. I just don't wanna hurt your feelings.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So... if you quit smoking you will get cancer? I'm still confused.

On a side note...I have a medical condition that benefits from nicotine. When I quit smoking ten years ago it got out of control. You got the same thing Fred?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Interesting twist. I will now have to think twice before exposing any of my various body parts to the list.
Not a smoker but most days I have grease under my fingernails.

Decal Dude

I recently placed a couple of for sale ads on Craigslist which I had never tried before and I'm curious about what experiences others may have had. I tried Craigslist because both items were too big to ship so I was looking for locals that could pick up.

My experience generated just three responses. One was entirely too easy and I'm pretty sure was someone trying to scam me. One would not discuss their interest in the item until they could "verify" my cell phone number... which they were not able to do, and one seemed legit but never followed up on my reply accepting their slightly discounted offer.

Is Craigslist something you find useful or is it a waste of time?
CL is a thing of the past

MikePro

facebook marketplace, etsy, or pinterest if you're gonna try to put yourself out there. craigslist, however, is garbage unless you want to hire cash labor or buy/sell stolen merch.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a couple fake nails that popped off yesterday. Definitely not the time to post a picture of my hand...

skyhigh

This sounds like fun.... I thought I'd post a picture of my hand.
Any observations ??

I'm going out on a limb and say that 99% of those that viewed the original picture only noticed the machine for sale. LOL

Attachments

• my hand.jpg
    my hand.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
FWIW, I sold both my items for an acceptable price but the ads only generated one legit inquiry for each item.

Val47

This sounds like fun.... I thought I'd post a picture of my hand.
Any observations ??

I'm going out on a limb and say that 99% of those that viewed the original picture only noticed the machine for sale. LOL
Yes, you chew your fingernails. Nervous much?