• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my beer logo.

signmeup

Here's a just for fun one. What do you guys think? I looked at stuff from Joe Diaz and Shane Durnford before I started.:notworthy:
Didn't know whare to put "Co." Any suggestions?

Attachments

• BerwickBeerSm.jpg
    BerwickBeerSm.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 115

mikey-Oh

is it beer:thirty yet? I really enjoy this, nice and clean. The "Co." seems like an after thought and the kerning of the text on a circle's not quite there, but overall:thumb:

signmeup

Took me a while to figure out what "U&LC" was but I like it better. Thanks.

Attachments

• BerwickBeer3.jpg
    BerwickBeer3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 118

SignManiac

Berwick letters need to be custom fit to the radius of the panel so it relates visually and maintains a nice smooth curve instead of the choppiness. I really like to colors!

I say this since I have psychic abilities and predict that Joe Diaz will bring this to your attention in a future post.

Joe Diaz

I like it. Can you arch the letters themselves a bit so that they follow the curve a little better. Right now there is the illusion that the oval or the arched text is jagged. I would increase the kerning on "pride of the vally" also. Other than that, the layout is spot on. It looks like a lot of other beer labels, but that may be a good thing in this case... because the moment you see it you know what this design is for.

weaselboogie

The font choice of Geoslab and Acclaim is bugging me a bit. They are both serifed fonts although quite different, but enough to mash a bit.

The thing that really sticks out to me is the W of brewing and I don't even have any suggestions to fix that besides a different font choice. Maybe curve the letters to the shape of the circles.

Other than that, I really like it. Clean and simple.

signmeup

Thank you guys! I learned an new trick.....arc each letter to fit the curve. Looks way better to me. (It's Serpentene and Roland BTW.)
Hmmm...."C's" still a bit off.

Attachments

• BerwickBeer4.jpg
    BerwickBeer4.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 113

Craig Sjoquist

I like the label alot great beer looking image..but thinks words should be switched to make better sense

Berwick to dark middle panel ..why that's name of beer (most important)
switch bottom copy to top arc and brewing to bottom arc. then ya got a winner

signmeup

Oh, the other thing I "learned" is I could never get the contrast I was looking for in Corel so when I was resizing the jpeg for posting I accidentally hit "apply image" in Photoshop. It cranks the contrast way up. Then I fade the effect until it suits me. I have no idea what "apply image" is supposed to be used for but sure makes the colours pop.

signmeup

OK....here it is with the text fixed up and I made "Co." bigger.
Fixed up the froth a bit on the beer too. Now I'm getting thirsty...

Attachments

• BerwickBeer5.jpg
    BerwickBeer5.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 116

Pro Image

Center the Co. in the middle of the glass......Its drawing my attention 1st instead of the main copy.......I really like the feel of it.....NICE.......

anotherdog

Great beer label, now print it out on some vinyl, stick it on a cold bottle and spray some water on it, take picture...pry off cap then drink...

Got any metalic vinyl to print it on or the new Roland with metalic ink?

neato

It's a great looking logo. I would personally ditch the serpentine font. It really doesn't fit the style, and I think you have one too many fonts going on there. Try using the same font as "BREWING".

Also, the tagline font isn't working at all (is that really avant garde?) and should be uppercased.

Nice layout though.

SignManiac

Maybe something like this for the CO. and upper case for the slogan on the bottom??

Attachments

• Berwick.jpg
    Berwick.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 115

signmeup

Hey thanks for the suggestions Philip. Here it is with your ideas. (It was Century Gothic BTW)

Attachments

• BerwickBeer.jpg
    BerwickBeer.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 101