• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS6 and the Cloud

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
BR Discs can have up to 4 layers with 25GB per layer.

Blu-ray does have a little bit more capacity then dual layer DVDs. How much, I can't remember.

I wouldn't have a problem with the internet download, I just have the problem with the subscription price model. I could store it as a backup on a flash drive and then upload it back on to the computer if I needed to re-install for some reason.

My first digitizing program was that way. Those were they days.

Like I said though, downloads, I wouldn't have a problem from the internet. It's the subscription model that's the issue.

Mike F

BR Discs can have up to 4 layers with 25GB per layer.

25GB and 50GB for single and double layered discs, respectively, but triple layer discs jump to 100GB, while quadruple layer discs puzzlingly only go to 128GB. The triple and quadruple layer discs require a BDXL drive to read / write, so they're incompatible with pretty much every drive that came out pre-2011.