• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer just fired me!

Pat Whatley

-Yellow background with purple letters saying SUNNY DAYS CHILD DEVELOPMENT LEARNING CENTER AND NURSERY, LLC. PLUS TWO PHONE NUMBERS...all with a drop shadow
-Rainbow border
-Sun in the corner (on the yellow background)
-Ladybug with a paintbrush painting different colored splashes
-Black child and white child on a sliding board
-Footprints
-Crayons
-Textbooks
-butterflies on flowers

Apparently my unwillingness to take the order is because I'm uneducated, untalented, and incompetent.

Hope she finds somebody who can help her. Hope she finds somebody who can make her sign, too.

SignManiac

LOL Pat, I think you just saved yourself a lot of potential aggravation :) Somehow I don't think you will lose any sleep over it tonight.

JR's

Wow, Wow, WOW. I think she did you a favor. I Hope she finds somebody who can help her to.

JR

Jillbeans

Sounds like she wants her cake and eat it too.
Hell I'll do it, you insensitive hapless sticker-of-stickers.
:)
Love.....Jill

PromoGuyTy

No problem.

I'd take this job, no problem.

I'd quote the design separately.

$75/hour graphic design, 1 hour minimum.

Design time prepaid.

Since the rate would be hourly, and prepaid, I'd also suggest adding the following to design (you know, to "Jazz it up a little") (I wanna' "feel it"):

One package of diapers
• 2 full changes of clothing
• Two pacifiers (if needed)
• Lovey/blanket/comfort object
• 1 day's supply of formula/breastmilk for back-up
• Diaper Cream
• Preferred OTC pain reliever
• Formula/breastmilk
• bottles
• Infant food
• Bib
• Seasonally appropriate outerwear (shoes, jacket, hat, etc)
• Any items that need replaced (diapers, outfits, etc)
• Toys
• Sippy cups
• Baby spoons
• Wipes
• Crib/Play-yard sheets
• Full diaper bag

I like the comment about somebody helping her...pretty funny.

SignManiac

Here's her sign! WARNING CAN CAUSE COLOR BLINDNESS

Attachments

• SUNNY DAYS.jpg
    SUNNY DAYS.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 91

Pat Whatley

You know, there's no doubt in my mind that I'll ride by there in a couple of weeks and something very similar, just in a lower resolution, will be up in front of her building.

shakey0818

I think it looks great,her loss.Only question i have is why does the lady bug look like a man?Are trans sexual lady bugs finally coming out of the closet?:thumb:

Jillbeans

I did a quote for a daycare called Imaginitive Imaginations or some happy horsesh!t title.
Did not get the job.
I think SignManiac's sign ought to feature the Hanky Code, speaking of Mr. Hanky.

andy

If you walked into the local mall and asked to buy a pair of luminous Orange flares, Purple stack heels and a nice Lime Green tuxedo jacket would the shop assistant eject you from the building or simply smile and said "certainly sir, and how would you like to pay for that"?

As OP says... make it, bank the cash and move on.

Pat Whatley

do the sign, take the money and move on, not all you do is gona be "works of art."
It's got nothing to do with not wanting to do the job. I'm a sign whore...if I can make a profit doing what the customer insists on then I'll do it. This job, however, would be nothing but misery.

If I did take the order I'd have to charge her for the time it took to round up all that clipart and manipulate it into as decent a design as I could. That would easily double the price of the sign which she wouldn't like. But let's just say she did decide to go ahead and pay the price and I started on the sign. There's no way I could make anything that looked good from that pile of junk. Since she'd "paid so much" for the sign she'd be expecting a masterpiece....what she'd be getting would be far from that and it would turn into one continuous headache of her bitching and whining wanting me to "fix this" and "make that bigger" and "is this the only clipart you have of a black and a white child on a sliding board?". Eventually she'd "live with" one of the designs thinking to herself the whole time that the reason it looked like crap was my fault. Every time somebody mentioned her sign she'd be quick to point out that she was unhappy with it and that I did it. She'd leave out the part about making me put all that mess on there.

Sorry, been there enough to know that it's just not worth it.

I've got enough work on teh books, I don't have to deal with her. Should I send her your phone number?

Last edited:

signmeup

It's got nothing to do with not wanting to do the job. I'm a sign whore...if I can make a profit doing what the customer insists on then I'll do it. This job, however, would be nothing but misery.

If I did take the order I'd have to charge her for the time it took to round up all that clipart and manipulate it into as decent a design as I could. That would easily double the price of the sign which she wouldn't like. But let's just say she did decide to go ahead and pay the price and I started on the sign. There's no way I could make anything that looked good from that pile of junk. Since she'd "paid so much" for the sign she'd be expecting a masterpiece....what she'd be getting would be far from that and it would turn into one continuous headache of her bitching and whining wanting me to "fix this" and "make that bigger" and "is this the only clipart you have of a black and a white child on a sliding board?". Eventually she'd "live with" one of the designs thinking to herself the whole time that the reason it looked like crap was my fault. Every time somebody mentioned her sign she'd be quick to point out that she was unhappy with it and that I did it. She'd leave out the part about making me put all that mess on there.

Sorry, been there enough to know that it's just not worth it.

I've got enough work on teh books, I don't have to deal with her. Should I send her your phone number?
:goodpost::goodpost:

GypsyGraphics

ahhhh... i needed a good laugh today. if i don't get to read another thread all day, i'm glad i landed on this one... thanks Pat!

reminds me of something funny one of my boys use to say when he was little... making scribbles on page, with makers, crayons, paint and sometimes little spills of who-knows-what. and when he was done and showing it to me, seeing a little spot he missed grabbing the closeted artful tool to fill it in and saying.. "oh, i make a more for you!"

"i make a more for you" is exactly what i think when clients ask me to throw everything they can think of on a page.
they seem so proud to have covered every possible concept and space. :thumb:

Last edited: