• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutcontour, Flexcut in Wasatch?

Stickerland

Hi there,

After reading in this forum for months now.... I've leared a lot.
But now I have a question. And I can't find any answer. Not in this forum, not on the internet, not via my suppliers..

Maybe out here are the experts which can help me, or point me in the right direction?

Last month I've updated some of my machines with the Roland RS-640 and the Summa S Series 140T cutter.
I'm using Wasatch Softrip since version 6.1. And now I've upgraded it to 6.6.

All fine, and it works perfectly (need a new rip computer... is getting slow.. but that's all)

Now I realy want to use the flexcut feature on the Summa. So design something in fullcolor with a cutcontour. So after printing, the Summa reads the registrationmarks and contourcuts the images.

Now, here it comes...
I'd like to di-cut (Flexcut it is called in Summa machines) the contourcutted image with Wasatch.
How do I tell the programm (and the Summa) to first cutcontour a line and next Flexcut another line?
And what specs does that line need to be recoginised in Wasatch as a Flexcut line?

Cheers!

Dennis

hybyza

Hi, I don´t know about that Wasatch software, but I guess if you are able to open your file with Winplot (export it as .eps) then you can do what you want to do with flexcut and contour-cut at the same cutting process. Remember this is only possible with Winplot 6.9, and the way to configurate the Summa plotter is to let the flexcut in off mode, then the important thing is to apply the paths you want to flexcut with a 100% red contour color, and then to choose this flexcut red lines option into Winplot cut window. If you are able to export as .eps file, and you want to cut with Winplot, and you have any doubt, let me know and I will explain it with more detail, although for sure Summa technical service will be great if you need a fast explanation by phone.

Stickerland

So....

If there is a way to export the cutfile out of wasatch and import it in Winplot (wich I have) it should work...

I realy don't know how to print somthing big and from one package and import export the cut data...
I think this can use some research.
I know Flexi is able to do it...

hybyza

It is another colour in Summa palette as dclet says, but that´s only for DC machines, I guess it is not working on plotters (though I never tried that way), and S140T will only understand cut paths, not color paths, so I guess the only way is to work with 100% red paths (for flexcut), but I will check the way dclet says.
From what I know, if you are able to import an .eps from Winplot you will manage to flexcut and contour cut at the same time, what you can´t choose is the cut order as Winplot will cut first contour cuts and after it the flexcuts, it always lets flexcut for the last cutting work.

Rooster

So will this work with wasatch softrip? Or do I need to use winplot for a flexcut?

Trimming those darn little stickers down by hand is such a PITA.

Stickerland

I know in Wasatch it is possible to assign extra colors as cutpaths.
More than 10 I believe.

But somehow Wasatch should know wich tool to use for wich color.
In flexi I can assign a cut tool to a color.

In Winplot it is easy. But the problem is, I nest several jobs into wasatch.
Next a damn big print comes out of my Roland.

And the Summa knows where to cut.
But when I have to tell the Summa where to flexcut I need to do it in Winplot I presume.

The nested jobs have cutcontours all over it ofcouse.
This makes it so difficult.
Maybe I need to review my workflow?

Is there a explaination of the workflow to follow?

dclet

assuming you have everything in place ( opos marks, contours )

assign everything you want to flexcut an outline of 100% yellow & 100% Magenta. (red)

send to winplot, check the flexcut box and off you go.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 161

bbeens

Stickerland-

A quick update on this thread. In the latest release of Softrip 6.6 (Oct 19th release) our Summa driver now supports the FlexCut feature. I personally ran a bunch of tests on this driver and am quite familiar with it. Give a call to our support department to get download instructions to update your Summa SignPro driver. - 1-800-683-8214

Also we have added support for wireless communication for the latest Summa cutters.

Bryan

bbeens

Stickerland-

To use the FlexCut feature you will need to download the October 19, 2009 release of 6.6 - unless you have done this in the last two days then the 6.6 you are running is not the latest and will not have the FlexCut features.

Send an email to wct@wasatch.com to ask for download instructions. Once you see the new properties page for the Summa driver it will be easy to sort out.

Bryan

Stickerland

I've downloaded the newest version today. It is there!

Still some questions.
I've made a new cutpath color in preferences.
Setup the cutter.

When I try to flexcut a design both paths are shown in Wasatch.
First I print. All is fine.
Next I cut.
All is fine.

Now something new. Wasatch shows a popup telling me to give an ok to cut the flexcut path.
WoW!

I click on ok.... Now the cutter just cuts the second path. Not a flexcut.
Should I first manualy enable flexcut on the cutter before I click on ok?

jimmys

Hello guys (and gals):

My computer crashed and I lost my hard drive with everything in it; including my Wasatch 6.1 Install file. Can you please email me a copy of the install file. I have my hardware key and my codes, just the install file is missing.
I called Wasatch and was told they no longer have a copy of 6.1 and I have to upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy