• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter Skips Letter When Cutting!

wildhock

Hello All,

Here is the problem I am having. This weekend I was cutting some basic VIN and DOT numbers for a trucking company. Design and cutting was done out of Illustrator to my GX-24. On one line of text/numbers, the cutter would not cut one letter in the line. I printed it on a ink jet and it printed fine. I tried outlining all of the text and it still skipped the same letter. Anyone had something like this happen and have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

511graphix

check the color of the font if its in a diffrent shade of black it well see it as a different outline..so select all text and change it all at once to one color

bighun

511 is right. But, If that doesn't work, try rubbing your belly and patting your head while clicking send with your mouse using your right elbow.

Techman

or get cocut pro and corel and never have that problem again. Cocut will not allow you to cut a bad graphic.

Jackpine

Try converting the text to curves and combine them. Then send as an eps.
Hello All,

Here is the problem I am having. This weekend I was cutting some basic VIN and DOT numbers for a trucking company. Design and cutting was done out of Illustrator to my GX-24. On one line of text/numbers, the cutter would not cut one letter in the line. I printed it on a ink jet and it printed fine. I tried outlining all of the text and it still skipped the same letter. Anyone had something like this happen and have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon