• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting aluminum at home

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Tech.... I kinda agree with you, but how about this....

Maybe it's not bashing, but a way of teaching and others not learning.

If someone came to you day after day with the same question, but asked it 100 different ways, would you eventually just tell 'em off or continue to go on answering the same question with a smile on your face ?? No need to answer, I know that answer.

How many times have I heard you spell out to the nth degree about scoring and popping a piece of sheet aluminum. Then, explain you have a video on it. Then, to read others post that video up again and then how many others repeat the same thing you already said ?? On top of that, many others propose numerous other ways to do this. Still someone thinks they can't wait to research and find out on their own and have to ask all over again. It's like Bill Murray's Groundhog Day around here.

Does anyone realize that if it took someone this long to find something so basic out, they just might be in the wrong business as earlier suggested ?? Nothing meant towards this OP, but let's face it...... this is almost basic cutting something 101.

People get bashed and it's a lot of fun.... most of the time, but when others feel they have to defend something so ridiculously simple with the infamous 'ya gotta learn or start somewhere'......... that's when the fun falls out.

These do-gooders who want to come to someone's rescue just astounds me. Why ?? Because they are defending clumsiness, stoopidness, unprofessionalism, laziness and most of all rudeness.

Like I said, this place is a wealth of information. Think of it as a library. I imagine most people still know how to use a library ?? Look for your information and when you can't find it and the librarian asks you where you've looked thus far, so as not to waste her/his time, don't blow a gasket and make a scene. Honestly tell the librarian what you know and they will help you from that point. Remember at the library, you get kicked out for raising your voice, because many are here to learn and don't need the added distractions. However, I find them most amusing, so in that respect, I'm glad they're here......:Big Laugh